Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam

I'm not positive if this is the right place this thread, so I apologized to admin if I have created more work for you.

I was extremely impressed with these two this season and just wanted to start a thread about them. Please feel free to post info, photos, links or anything else pertaining to this couple. Thanks!

vCash
    This is SO random, but I was flipping channels and saw a movie on LMN called The Boy She Met Online, made in 2010, starring...Alexandra Paul!

But yes, they impressed me, too.

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to see what they'll come up with next year, and if they can sustain their rate of improvement .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjnXiEYY7Es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZygB...eature=related

This was their best showing this year , and it just whets your appetite for more.

vCash
    Thanks for the posts and links! I just really wanted to ger some discussion going about these two now that their season is done, especially since they really didn't compete all that much this year. I'm really excited to see their new material come the start of next season. They've improved so quickly, and I can only imagine how much better they'll be by then. Honestly, as much as I love both Cronbe/Poirer and Weaver/Poje, I think both teams need to be worried about keeping their placements at next years' nationals.

vCash
    Phew! I thought this was going to be another split thread.

I also enjoy this young team and I think they have lots of potential.

vCash
    I love this team. Tons of potential! I have been watching Islam's progress for several years and am over the moon with joy re the new pairing with Paul; they look fantastic to-gether. I have the same "they can go the distance, and become champions, both nationally and internationally" feeling, I got when I first observed Shae/Victor, Marie/Patch, and Tessa/Scott. I look forward to their progress in the run up to Sochi and beyond...

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Love them!

vCash
    Sorry for giving you a scare, Jenna Let's not jinx them with talk about splits. It seems there have been more splits this season than teams remaining together.

vCash
    Love these two and can't wait to see what they do next!

vCash
    Love them too. Her back and hands are gorgeous. And for me they give off a really likeable aura - actually I think it's on Skatebuzz, in a backstage video of them they were so charming.

vCash
    They "wowed" me at Skate Canada. I wasn't expecting it. I thought they were awsome....so much potential, as well as "lookin' pretty".
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    They're lovely to watch. How old are they?

vCash
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe Alexandra is 19 and Mitchell is 21. They were still junior eligeable this season.

vCash
    Paul will be 20 this September and Islam turned 21 this past January -- link to Paul/Islam's ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012269.htm

vCash
    Just wanted to post a link to an article that has some interesting quotes from their coach about training strategies. Its a shame that these two didn't make the world team, but I'm already excited about seeing their new material. I hope they keep working with Dubruil/Lauzon...their choreo seems tro be a good fit for these two.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwo...lternates.html

Also, in case anyone is interested, here's a link to great Goldenskate aricle that came out about the two last season. Enjoy!

http://http://www.goldenskate.com/ar...0/091210.shtml

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    They "wowed" me at Skate Canada. I wasn't expecting it. I thought they were awsome....so much potential, as well as "lookin' pretty".
    Me, too..At first when they took the ice, I thought that they were Scott/Tessa...costumes, "her look", etc..

vCash
    They make such a lovely team. I hope they'll take places next season.

vCash
    Very impressive, elegant, and attractive dance team. From the clips, I like Paul and Islam more than Crone/Poirier and Weaver/Poje (although W/P had a wonderful showing at Canadian Nats too with their fantastic lifts and creativity). Dance is very exciting with all the young veterans (D/W and V/M leading the pack), and the younger up-and-coming teams rarin' at the bit (including P/I, the Shibs and the young Russians Bobrova/Soliev).

vCash
    Agreed. I was just re-watching their nationals FD, and I was once again struck by the effortless quality that their skating has. It's really beautiful. Honestly, it looks like they've been skating together forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Agreed. I was just re-watching their nationals FD, and I was once again struck by the effortless quality that their skating has. It's really beautiful. Honestly, it looks like they've been skating together forever.
    ITA

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast