Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

iPhone is finally Verizon!

Announced today iPhone will be available for Verizon as of February 10.

I wonder if this means there will be a compatible iPad for Verizon, with the next generation. One that does not require MiFi.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Our contract expires in the summer. If Verizon is better than AT&T (and that's not too hard) and especially if there is a new iPhone at the time when we are done with our contract AND if I like HTC Evo less, I will consider the iPhone.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I hear that the first generation at least will only be on 3G network, not 4G and you will not be able to surf and talk at the same time. So check if these things matter to you.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, I am aware and am lying in wait.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    For what it's worth, both sisters have Verizon and really like the service. One is in the Chicago area, the other in the DC area. So sometimes service can make up for the difference in the phone.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    I'm really excited about this too. My contract with AT&T is up the end of may, so I'll know after 3 months of Verizon's service if it's worth switching my current iPhone to them. And with rumors of iPhone 5 I can really have some choices to make!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Announced today iPhone will be available for Verizon as of February 10.

I wonder if this means there will be a compatible iPad for Verizon, with the next generation. One that does not require MiFi.
    I read that they announced an iPad that runs on Verizon's network, too, so no mifi needed. Looks like many of the rumours we've been hearing are coming true! I had suspected the iPhone for Verizon not just because of the rumors but because of the way AT&T was letting people out of their contracts early to upgrade to the iPhone4. I figured they were trying to lock people in for another 2 years, knowing that the Verizon phone was coming. Where I live, Verizon's cell service is better but I hate them, so I'm okay with continuing to be on AT&T.

vCash
    I'm already with Verizon, so I'm excited! I've been waiting for sooooo long for this. Question: what will the iPhone 5 have that would be worth waiting for?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I'm probably going to wait for the iphone 5, in part so Verizon can work out any kinks if there are any

does anyone know what the monthly fee is for hooking this up to the interwebz?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I'm probably going to wait for the iphone 5, in part so Verizon can work out any kinks if there are any

does anyone know what the monthly fee is for hooking this up to the interwebz?
    I'm waiting, too. I use data much more than voice, so ATT's service works for me. If and when there's a iPhone version that works on VZ's 4th gen network and supports simultaneous data and voice, I may think about cutting over.

As for the fee, the current VZ data fee is $30 for unlimited use and includes VCast and mobile TV. Some articles I read expect VZ to have a separate data structure and pricing for iPhone. Rates should be announced next week. The site macrumors.com should have this info as soon as it's available.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I love Verizon, but hate my LG phone; it's so limited in what it can do. I'm excited about it. A good friend of mine works for them and told me weeks ago that this would happen. But I'm going to wait to see what happens.

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    I'm definitely excited about this...but I just got a new phone in November. But I will definitely be looking forward to switching to the iphone when my new contract is up. By then, I'm hoping that all kinks will be worked out.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    I have AT&T and HATE the service. Off to look into this. (And I have never surfed and talked at the same time so that's not a deal breaker AT&T just has lots of America with "no signal" traveled the same places with Verizon and was fine... so... BYE !

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am also really excited about the WiFi thing. My current phone can't do that, or can it?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    my Verizon contract ends this April but I can use my annual upgrade now. As much as I've been wanting an iPhone with Verizon I'm going to wait. I'd like a 4G phone and the Droids out there are looking pretty sweet. I'm going to have to do some research on the Motorola Droid Bionic.

vCash
    I am very excited about this....finally after years of waiting and rumors! Mr. Stormy and I have a family plan with no data currently. He has the account in his name so I don't know if you can add just one phone with a data plan to a current family plan. Anyone know?

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    You can. I am on a family plan with my parents and they both have the most basic phones that they can find. I have a "fancier" phone and have a data plan attached to my phone.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Woohoo - I signed up for the early offer for current customers.
    My contract ended 11/2009 and I saved my upgrade for this. Same with my husband. I was just getting ready to break down and get a new phone too -glad I waited.

The only thing I think I don't like is the no talk/surf at the same time, but frankly, I could talk on my bberry if I wanted to surf the iPhone at the same time.

My questions are:
    16GB or 32GB - I have a simple phone with no apps so I have no idea what I will use. I keep phones a pretty long time - 3-4 years. My husband likes to change his more frequently. But if the 4G comes along in 2 years, we would probably change. So maybe 16GB is enuf?
    I am not sure I totally understand the tethering/hotspot issues and I don't know what it costs-- but does this mean I could get a Verizon IPad and not have to buy the MiFi device for the IPad because the IPhone will be the hotspot?

The comparison articles are popping up:

http://mashable.com/2011/01/11/iphon...-infographic/#
    http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...verizon-vs-att
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    My questions are:
    16GB or 32GB - I have a simple phone with no apps so I have no idea what I will use. I keep phones a pretty long time - 3-4 years. My husband likes to change his more frequently. But if the 4G comes along in 2 years, we would probably change. So maybe 16GB is enuf?

I am not sure I totally understand the tethering/hotspot issues and I don't know what it costs-- but does this mean I could get a Verizon IPad and not have to buy the MiFi device for the IPad because the IPhone will be the hotspot?
    Most of the apps are small, so it depends on how much music and video you need to carry around with you. I have about 30 apps, 4,000 songs, a bunch of photos and a couple of movies on mine and I'm a little over 70% full on a 32GB phone.

The tethering will be part of the data plan and yes, it means that you can get internet access through the phone for up to 5 devices, including the standard wifi only iPad from Apple. If you plan to tether, it doesn't matter which vendor you get it from - Verizon or Apple.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast