Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    What song is "Phoenix" and how is it for his fans?
    It could be Firebird.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    It could be Disco Firebird. (Okay, not really.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    What song is "Phoenix" and how is it for his fans?
    Knowing Johnny, it's a mix of songs with "Phoenix" as a theme.

Just no firebird, please

vCash
    Firebird sounds about right for "Phoenix." I'm sure it will be thrown in there somewhere.

Johnny's comeback is really exciting me, not going to lie.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Johnny's comeback is really exciting me, not going to lie.
    I'm also pretty psyched about it.

Of course, I have no idea what music will be used in the program, but Johnny + Scriabin could be interesting.

vCash
    I'm really excited about Johnny's comeback too, it's going to be the highlight of my year Very brave of him to comeback after all he said in his book too. He belongs on the ice, it would have been a shame for him to retire. Just hope he comes out with some great music especially for the olympic year.

I'd like to see him skate to a different version of Dr. Zhivago and maybe snowstorm.
    Last edited by DickButtonFan; 05-22-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Quadless
    vCash
    Given past comeback attempts by other skaters, I'm trying not to get too excited, but at the same time, I can't help myself.

And when I read that tweet the first thing that came to mind (showing my age) was Sinead O'Connor's Troy. Obviously not suitable for skating, LOL, at least on the eligible level.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Thank you so much, PinkFeathers! I am so thankful for fan vids!

Wow, I loved the conviction shown in "Fighter," and what a nice lutz! Beautiful spin positions, as always.
    His hair is awesome and I love the Louboutin-esque red soles on Johnny's skates! and even though I am not crazy about the costume (I strongly dislike wrestling unitards), I do appreciate the mesh added to the bottom of the shorts. I also liked the sparkly robe.

His performance to Chopin's Nocturne No. 20 was gorgeous. His footwork was light and musical, and his line and carriage were just lovely. I want him to do something in this vein for one of his competitive programs next season.

The "Batman" number was so much fun! I love when Johnny is kneeling on the ice and looks over his shoulder--great charisma!

I am glad he seems to be enjoying himself so much. I hope the rest of the tour goes well

vCash
    Victor just tweeted this video of Johnny singing and 'acting' with his stuffed panda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Given past comeback attempts by other skaters, I'm trying not to get too excited, but at the same time, I can't help myself.
    it depends on what you wish for. Kat witt's comeback is my all time favorite skating of hers. It's not always about the medals.

And when I read that tweet the first thing that came to mind (showing my age) was Sinead O'Connor's Troy. Obviously not suitable for skating, LOL, at least on the eligible level.
    I totally choreoed an entire ex routine to that song in my head!

vCash

Thanks so much, Pink Feathers! Love the vids. All long time Johnny fans must be ecstatic that he's finally put together a skating exhibition program to Aguilera's Fighter. Christina was Johnny's favorite singer pre-GaGa days. Wonder if Johnny will use Fighter as his next season exhibition? Like many of you, I'm really excited now for Johnny's comeback and for the new season altogether. Lots of fireworks in store. Hope everyone brings their A game....

Today I saw a promo poster for the new Batman movie opening in July (there is a one day marathon of all the Christian Bale Batman movies on July 19 at selected theaters nationwide, for all the Batman fans out there)! I had to laugh re the Batman poster as the word RISE is in big letters behind the shadowy image of Batman. Yeah, I guess it is a universal theme in any case, whether it be comic book superhero or figure skating past and present.

Jealous of all the Asian and Canadian fans (especially Asian) who seem to get all the best skating shows in the world right now!!!

Wanna bet that the "Batman" theme and/ or RISE theme might be used by at least a few skaters this upcoming season? If not literally, then figuratively. Johnny's Phoenix is certainly a figurative example.

Dark Knight Rises .... Yay Johnny!!! Thanks for making your comeback a tribute to your fans, Johnny! I will always looooove YOU!

vCash
    btw, TahbKa translated a lengthy and interesting interview with Johnny in GSD.

vCash
    It's a long interview from a chinese website,and I think people here may have interest on some informations in it.my english isn't good enough,so I won't translate the whole article,just some tips about figure skating.
    here's the link to the entire interview:http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-06-..._bid=101327229

·he didn't want to compete until he was invited to the American nations,and see the male skater's situation.he think he's still competitive,but he doesn't come back for the medals.
    ·he didn't get well with the American federation,but they support him very much this time.they give him 2 GPs.He think that's because they think he's good to spread figure skating in America
    ·his SP music if from lady gaga,and LP is Phonix.
    ·he and his coach have made SP and LP,just need to add some details in the summer.maybe he'll work with David Wilson on the LP,if they has time.
    ·he will add Quads in both of SP and LP
    ·he have hired Morozov to help him on step sequence
    ·some of the skaters show how difficult figure skating can be,but he growed under the old rules.he want to let everybody think they can skate too.he want to show "smooth" perfomance,not(the opposite)
    ·he won't be a coach or choreographer.he saw his coach got to the rink on 7:30 everyday through the years,wearing coat,shiver with cold.that's not what he wants.he will compete on the Olympics for the 3rd time,and then think what to do next.
    ·now figure skating for him is not a "life-and-death" thing.and his coach also accept that,he has husband,his own thing beside figure skating.so they get on better now.

vCash
    Thank you, LuCN!

Getting Morozov to help sounds like a smart idea. Weir seems to be on the right track. I hope he gets to work with Wilson for the LP details or gets some other good choreographer if Wilson isn't available.

vCash
    Saw a commercial for TLC's Say Yes to the Dress and Johnny is featured shopping wedding dresses with his friend Tara. Yes, he is wearing a wedding gown. It will be shown this Friday, 9 pm.

vCash
    ET posted a preview: http://www.etonline.com/tv/123147_Jo...itz/index.html

Yes, he's wearing a dress, which is awesome ^^

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    ET posted a preview: http://www.etonline.com/tv/123147_Jo...itz/index.html

Yes, he's wearing a dress, which is awesome ^^
    What is awesome about it?
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    What is awesome about it?
    Uh, what's not awesome about it? Don't tell me you're hung up by the whole 'guy in a dress thing' as really? Give me a break

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Don't tell me you're hung up by the whole 'guy in a dress thing' as really?
    Based on what I asked, that's a real leap in logic.

Guys in wedding dresses have been done several times on this show, I just wanted to know what made this time "awesome."
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast