Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 728
  1. #501
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I guess Urmanov never having much success is further confirmation, eys?

    When Weir skated well, he got great marks.
    Ah, to each their own perceptions, eys?

    Yes, and every time Johnny Weir had the nerve to skate less than his talents dictated, or to even overcome obstacles and skate beautifully, or to succumb to nerves and pressure (how dare he), or even just leave out a double jump in an otherwise wonderful performance, or skate while sick and falter -- that slacker, TPTB and judges who couldn't stand him b/c he reminded them of stuff they preferred not to dwell on (like their own prejudices and shortcomings, or past failures, or whatever), they gave him just what he deserved, no more, and sometimes much less.

    Who does Johnny Weir think he's fooling anyway!? Who does he think he is??? That deplorable, quirky, too cute for his own good, eccentric, non-conforming, waste of talent !#&$$@***#! devilish diva (who most of the discerning, caring, and openhearted people in the world love unconditionally)! Besides that, he seems very happily married to this very sexy, sweet and kind Russian gentleman. Again, how dare he! Forget about the fact Johnny's so witty and he put a lot of staid, entrenched fs commentators to shame with his natural and superbly gifted commentating of the men's event at U.S. Nationals in January. Indeed! So many can't wait to tear Johnny to shreds in his skating comeback ... they are lurking lasciviously, gnawing at the bit...

    And true, that Urmanov, such an unworthy Olympic champion, that glove-wearing nonentity.

  2. #502
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reading over your shoulder
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Ah, to each their own perceptions, eys?

    Yes, and every time Johnny Weir had the nerve to skate less than his talents dictated, or to even overcome obstacles and skate beautifully, or to succumb to nerves and pressure (how dare he), or even just leave out a double jump in an otherwise wonderful performance, or skate while sick and falter -- that slacker, TPTB and judges who couldn't stand him b/c he reminded them of stuff they preferred not to dwell on (like their own prejudices and shortcomings, or past failures, or whatever), they gave him just what he deserved, no more, and sometimes much less.

    Who does Johnny Weir think he's fooling anyway!? Who does he think he is??? That deplorable, quirky, too cute for his own good, eccentric, non-conforming, waste of talent !#&$$@***#! devilish diva (who most of the discerning, caring, and openhearted people in the world love unconditionally)! Besides that, he seems very happily married to this very sexy, sweet and kind Russian gentleman. Again, how dare he! Forget about the fact Johnny's so witty and he put a lot of staid, entrenched fs commentators to shame with his natural and superbly gifted commentating of the men's event at U.S. Nationals in January. Indeed! So many can't wait to tear Johnny to shreds in his skating comeback ... they are lurking lasciviously, gnawing at the bit...

    And true, that Urmanov, such an unworthy Olympic champion, that glove-wearing nonentity.
    This comment made me literally shoot hearts out of my eyes.

  3. #503
    podcast mistress
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    Posts
    7,823
    vCash
    2367
    Rep Power
    4368
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    (Sorry Plushenko, Johnny's Sexy and I Know It beats Sex Bomb).
    Anything beats Plushy's Sex Bomb, IMO. That program was the worst.

    I love Johnny's skating, and if he does come back, I wish him well. That said, I hope he does his homework on COP, fixes the flaws and gets kickass scores. Because I love his skating, but am not a fan of the wuzrobbing from his camp when he deservedly doesn't get high marks.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

  4. #504
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,105
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    who most of the discerning, caring, and openhearted people in the world love unconditionally)!
    Most of the discerning, caring, and openhearted people in the world have no idea who the **** Johnny Weir is.

  5. #505

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,284
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3358
    It's not enough to do homework on COP and you automatically get the scores. There are rules but they are not applied evenly. You can do the same thing as another skater but because you are not that skater you do not get high a score. You can read everything a million times and come up with something that you think might get an 8 or 8.5 and then you could get a 3! That's just the PCS part and building a program. Obviously if he came back without a quad than of his free program would have to be structured differently than it was in 2009-2010. The layout of his jumps was just always idiotic in 2009-2010.

  6. #506
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reading over your shoulder
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Whether or not Johnny packs his programs with COP elements that might not get full marks anyway, doesn't matter to me. He knows what skating looks like now vs 09/10, he knows what he has to do. USFS gave him the opportunity to watch his competition back at Nationals.

    I will watch for the beauty, and the chance to just see him on competition ice again. He skates pretty damn amazingly when he's in love, and he's certainly in love right now. None of my favorites are going to win gold medals these days (because, well, nobody other than Chan is -- WTT aside), so I'm 100% fine with watching to enjoy it for what it is.

    Besides, if I wanted to watch a COPbot, I'd just watch Evan

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    This comment made me literally shoot hearts out of my eyes.


    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Most of the discerning, caring, and openhearted people in the world have no idea who the **** Johnny Weir is.
    Ha ha, Well of those who do, I believe they do! Or, let me put it this way, IMO, to know Johnny is to love him, except for those peeps who’d rather not know him or love him, or those who are too busy being jealous and judgmental.

    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Anything beats Plushy's Sex Bomb, IMO. That program was the worst...
    Ohhh, manleywoman, Sex Bomb was Plushy at his most irreverent and self-mocking best. Sure it was a bit weird and wacky, but definitely fun, funny, and obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    ...I love Johnny's skating, and if he does come back, I wish him well. That said, I hope he does his homework on COP, fixes the flaws and gets kickass scores. Because I love his skating, but am not a fan of the wuzrobbing from his camp when he deservedly doesn't get high marks.
    So glad that you are a fan of Johnny’s skating. I look forward to the possibility of your maybe interviewing Johnny when he retires. (I know you interviewed his agent awhile back).

    I have great respect and admiration for your love of skating and your contributions to the sport, manleywoman. I agree that Johnny didn’t always “deserve” high marks. No one does. Re Johnny’s “camp,” perhaps you are either referring to his inner circle or his coaching team. Actually, I’ve never heard that anyone on his coaching team made a habit of loudly crying wuzrobbed on Johnny’s behalf. He and his team generally seemed to take his marks in stride. He was often marked fairly, but usually not generously (aside from his breakout 2004 Nationals and GP performances). Most of the time, under IJS, he tended to be low-balled on PCS in my estimation. Certainly, Johnny was always gracious in defeat, despite his being rendered Heartbroken after his 2010 Olympic 6th place finish.

    Pardon my “wuzrobbing,” but Johnny clearly skated better than at least 2 of the skaters who placed ahead of him at the 2010 Olympics in both sp and fp. In any case, ultimately just being at the Olympics in 2010 was a victory for Johnny, and he won many new fans not only from the way he skated, but also from the way he responded to uncalled for criticism and questioning of his “gender” at those Olympic games. During 2006 Olympics, there had been an even more widespread hue and cry in the media after Johnny’s fabulous sp skate, and it was not about his jumps, his beautiful skating, or his red glove either.

    Altho’ I am not a member of Johnny’s “camp” or his “inner circle,” I do believe he “wuzrobbed” in the marks on a number of occasions, for different reasons. That doesn’t mean he always deserved “high marks.” But let’s be honest, Johnny (as happens to some skaters) was never a favorite of the judges, or of his own Federation (altho’ bygones may be bygones by now).

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    It's not enough to do homework on COP and you automatically get the scores. There are rules but they are not applied evenly. You can do the same thing as another skater but because you are not that skater you do not get high a score...
    You can say that again!

  8. #508
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Ohhh, manleywoman, Sex Bomb was Plushy at his most irreverent and self-mocking best. Sure it was a bit weird and wacky, but definitely fun, funny, and obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
    Obviously not, he recently did it even with swaddling clothes on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxUmq...eature=related



    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    But let’s be honest, Johnny (as happens to some skaters) was never a favorite of the judges, or of his own Federation (altho’ bygones may be bygones by now).
    So true! +

  9. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reading over your shoulder
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Those of you in the area can catch Johnny skating in Sun Valley on August 4th, along with Gracie Gold. What a duo!

    http://www.sunvalley.com/things-to-do/iceshows/

  10. #510

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    IMO, to know Johnny is to love him, except for those peeps who’d rather not know him or love him, or those who are too busy being jealous and judgmental.


    He and his team generally seemed to take his marks in stride. He was often marked fairly, but usually not generously (aside from his breakout 2004 Nationals and GP performances). Most of the time, under IJS, he tended to be low-balled on PCS in my estimation. Certainly, Johnny was always gracious in defeat, despite his being rendered Heartbroken after his 2010 Olympic 6th place finish.
    So then who was it giving interviews after the Olympics claiming that by the time he skated the FP, "the North American spot on the podium" was already taken and that is why he got the marks he did? Not only was that untrue, but it also wasn't "gracious in defeat".
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  11. #511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,980
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    So then who was it giving interviews after the Olympics claiming that by the time he skated the FP, "the North American spot on the podium" was already taken and that is why he got the marks he did? Not only was that untrue, but it also wasn't "gracious in defeat".
    Your conviction in your own omniscience and righteousness reminds me of Aubrey O'Day from a recent installment of Celebrity Apprentice. Check it out, you have a kindred spirit out there!

    Aftershocks
    , I applaud you for still, after all this time, doing your best to keep every Johnny thread from becoming a cesspool!

  12. #512

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30411
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Your conviction in your own omniscience and righteousness reminds me of Aubrey O'Day from a recent installment of Celebrity Apprentice. Check it out, you have a kindred spirit out there!
    It's not "omniscience" and "righteousness" to cite facts. And the fact is that Johnny said what I have quoted him as saying. Sorry if you can't deal with that.

    Aftershocks[/B], I applaud you for still, after all this time, doing your best to keep every Johnny thread from becoming a cesspool!
    It was a cesspool long before now.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  13. #513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It's not "omniscience" and "righteousness" to cite facts. And the fact is that Johnny said what I have quoted him as saying. Sorry if you can't deal with that.
    When the subject is Johnny Weir, overedge, I think it's quite obvious that you are one of the "don't love him" peeps who "can't deal."


    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It was a cesspool long before now.
    Yes, another one of your true facts, which btw, doesn't contradict either me, psycho, or Johnny.


    Thanks for the info, Pink Feathers, about Johnny and Gracie.

    Good to hear from you, psycho!

  14. #514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reading over your shoulder
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Johnny and Victor attended the opening gala for the American Ballet Theatre last night in NYC, and Vanity Fair has a rather humorous interview with them:


  15. #515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    That oozes SEEEEEXXX! Look at those shiny leather tights. (Sorry Plushenko, Johnny's Sexy and I Know It beats Sex Bomb).
    What do you think of making this into a short program?

    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    ...
    I love Johnny's skating, and if he does come back, I wish him well. That said, I hope he does his homework on COP, fixes the flaws and gets kickass scores. ...
    I'm with you, manleywoman. I just love Johnny and really want to see programs that show off the run of his edge, the cleanness of his turns, and his exquisite carriage and line (along with a better jump layout). More intricate and difficult choreography will not only up his transition and choreography scores, but could also help him gain points in skating skills ('multi directional skating', 'mastery of one-foot skating' and even 'cleanness and sureness of deep edges, steps and turns') along with P/E (namely for 'variety and contrast' and 'clarity of movement') and could even help him capture the style, mood, and nuances of the program and music. I would love to see a spiral as a transition, for instance (utilizes his edges and accentuates his line and is performed on one foot...he used to do one into his lutz, I believe). Also, a difficult entry into a jump (counter or rocker, for example) would also up his GOEs.

    I really can't wait to get more news about his new programs. I kinda want to see him work with Sebastien Britten. In any case, I, like others, am happy to see him back in competitive skating. and thank you to PinkFeathers and everyone else who has provided links and news. I love that we have this thread to discuss Johnny
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 05-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  16. #516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is anyone here attending Artistry On Ice? I hope we get some fan vids!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpQrAEMHgrU

  17. #517

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2089
    I love Johnny's skating-a lot. But if he comes back, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Johnny-find some music that doesn't put me into a black hole of depression or totally to sleep!!! I can't remember the last time I listened to the music while Johnny skated. I just turn down the volume and have a visually lovely experience sans "music."

    But I do hope he returns.

  18. #518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    reading over your shoulder
    Posts
    196
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Johnny just tweeted:

    In honor of the Grand Prix selections today, I'd like to announce that the title of my new free program is..."Phoenix." for my fans...
    Whee

  19. #519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What song is "Phoenix" and how is it for his fans?

  20. #520

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,169
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    Johnny said he was dedicating his return to skating to his fans and his family


    I'm not sure if Johnny is portraying a phoenix in his free skate or if he identifies with one.

    a mythical sacred firebird that can be found in the mythologies of the Arabian, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Chinese, Indians and (according to Sanchuniathon) Phoenicians.
    It is described as a bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends[which?]). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self.
    The Phoenix's ability to be reborn from its own ashes implies that it is immortal, though in some stories the new Phoenix is merely the offspring of the older one. In very few stories they are able to change into people.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •