Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

vCash
    From Johnny's twitter:

First long program run-through since Vancouver complete. One small mistake. So looking forward to this competition season! #GlitterBeware

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    From Johnny's twitter:

First long program run-through since Vancouver complete. One small mistake. So looking forward to this competition season! #GlitterBeware
    Sounds great. Will be perfect by Worlds 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Sounds great. Will be perfect by Worlds 2012.
    He will compete retroactively then?

It does sound good. I hope he really comes back because I'm getting excited about seeing Johnny in competition again.
    Last edited by crankyintheAM; 07-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    The ISU facebook page posted this photo of Johnny training in NJ.

vCash
    From Johnny's twitter:

One small mistake? WOW. I wonder what he laid down on the ice?

Wasn't a fan of his, but if Johnny is serious about competing and shows he can skate with the best, I will be in his corner cheering him on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    One small mistake? WOW. I wonder what he laid down on the ice?

Wasn't a fan of his, but if Johnny is serious about competing and shows he can skate with the best, I will be in his corner cheering him on
    Seeing how many hours he's training every week, he's either very serious or completely crazy.

I hope he can make it.

A month until Champs Camp, I expect we'll get some gossip about how well (or not) he's doing. Meanwhile, I hope he posts more pics from Pilates, specially if he's going to wear nothing but shorts Well trained athletes' bodies are works of art.

vCash
    For those who haven't seen it:

23h Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    Pilates. Oy! Side sit ups! http://instagr.am/p/NheA5dhhf7/
    View photo
    Reply Retweet Favorite

vCash
    ^ I just gasped and braced my abs for that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    Seeing how many hours he's training every week, he's either very serious or completely crazy.

I hope he can make it.

A month until Champs Camp, I expect we'll get some gossip about how well (or not) he's doing. Meanwhile, I hope he posts more pics from Pilates, specially if he's going to wear nothing but shorts Well trained athletes' bodies are works of art.
    When is Champs Camp?

vCash
    When is Champs Camp?

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428
    2012 Champs Camp

Who: All athletes assigned to a 2012 Grand Prix Series event

Where: Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center/World Arena

When:Aug. 21 - 26, 2012 (tentative)

vCash
    Johnny's first Olympic blog for London:

http://www.people.com/people/package...615224,00.html

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post

That was cute and very Johnny. I love Matthew Mitcham, and Johnny's right about Ryan Lochte!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post

He "has been skating professionally since he was 12." Oh, really?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    He "has been skating professionally since he was 12." Oh, really?
    The mainstream media can't comprehend the concept of amateur sports. If your sport it's your main activity, then you're "professional." It's probably the same everywhere, I've seen several skaters with "professional figure skater" in their twitter bios (Volosozhar, Gede@%#*ili).

Come to think of it, maybe the Russians could consider themselves "professional" since they actually get salaries from the government, right? (or maybe that was in a movie )

vCash
    He will compete retroactively then?

It does sound good. I hope he really comes back because I'm getting excited about seeing Johnny in competition again.
    But is there really any doubt he's coming back? He obviously fully intends to be back out there on the ice competing. It will be interesting to see how he fares both on the ice and in the judges' marks. Whatever, ... I can't wait to see him back out there. A dream come true for his most ardent, long-time fans, I'm sure.

The mainstream media can't comprehend the concept of amateur sports. If your sport it's your main activity, then you're "professional." It's probably the same everywhere, I've seen several skaters with "professional figure skater" in their twitter bios (Volosozhar, Gede@%#*ili).
    at the "skating professionally" mischaracterization in the blog bio. The fact Johnny has only been skating and competing since the age of 12 is amazing enough, IMO. I think the fact that he competed as an equestrian athlete since a much younger age actually helped his skating. Altho' competitively/ psychologically as a figure skater he self-admittedly was not very strong. It took him awhile to conquer the competitive mindset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    But is there really any doubt he's coming back? He obviously fully intends to be back out there on the ice competing. It will be interesting to see how he fares both on the ice and in the judges' marks. Whatever, ... I can't wait to see him back out there. A dream come true for his most ardent, long-time fans, I'm sure.`
    In theory, there is no doubt, but life has taught me to take the "believe it when I see it" approach. I'll be completely sure that he's back when he's skating his SP at Rostelecom Cup.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'd love to see him back and do well.

Watch me move
    vCash
    The mainstream media can't comprehend the concept of amateur sports. If your sport it's your main activity, then you're "professional."
    Thanks, but I don't really need an explanation of how the mainstream media works. And I think that most people know about the distinction between "amateur" and "professional" in terms of how it affects an athlete's ability to participate in an event like the Olympics or a world championships.

Since Johnny's name is on the column, and I assume he is actually writing it, I would think he would want his description to accurately reflect his accomplishments.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash

Red face

Oh, I misunderstood your comment. My weak grasp of the language attacks again!

I disagree that most people, at least people who aren't really into an amateur sport, actually know the difference. Going by twitter and comments on mainstream blogs, it seems people consider an amateur athlete as someone who's not serious or good at their sport, while professionals are the good ones.

Anyway, do you think Johnny does anything other than email them what he writes? I doubt it. It's People magazine, just a fun gig.

I can't wait to read Johnny's comments about the new Bond girl!

vCash
    Thank you for the pics/updates, HisWeirness, judiz, PinkFeathers, and crankyintheAM. I can't wait to see Johnny back on competitive ice!!!

vCash
    I disagree that most people, at least people who aren't really into an amateur sport, actually know the difference. ...
    Come to think of it, most people I know, some of whom are casual spectators of FS, consider amateur figure skaters professionals. not sure what it's like for other people here.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast