Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Thanks, gkelly, for the links..

Jenny, if it wouldn't affect them, then why don't they?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash

Re: Tara Modlin, Johnny's agent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    This article and topic is being discussed in its own thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79381

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This article and topic is being discussed in its own thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79381
    OOPS..

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Thanks, gkelly, for the links..

Jenny, if it wouldn't affect them, then why don't they?
    I'm not sure I understand the question - the topic being discussed is whether or not or why a federation would want to discourage its skaters from coming out, and the potential effect on the federation and the sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    antmab, I completely agree that he sometimes says stuff for shock or entertainment value. I just don't think this was in any shape or form an implied endorsement of doing dope. It was a colorful comparison of the diference between his and Ryan's programs meaning both were enjoyable but in different ways. To me the controversy was blown way out of proportion.
    Oh agree the mention of it alone is not an implied endorsement of taking drugs at all. The fact he said it was, i think, completely to create the controversy that then blew up. He loved to be controversial then, and moreso if it pissed the USFSA off, which surely it did.
    Last edited by antmanb; 07-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Practice session from Japan. Fans got to watch.

Triple axel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_6f...ure=youtu.be&a

Attempts at triple salchow/triple loop after presumably not training this for awhile:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDYcuhnjhsA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    I just (finally) saw the movie Thor, and the whole time I was thinking how much Loki (Tom Hiddleston) looked like Johnny Weir. They really have very different facial structures, but the skin, the eyes, the hair . . . something else . . . just reminded me of Johnny. Here's a link to a photo that doesn't entirely show the resemblance:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm204126208/nm1089991
    The entire movie all I thought was "when did Johnny Weir start acting".

I knew it wasn't him, but they look really similar (Loki and Johnny, less so Tom and Johnny)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Practice session from Japan. Fans got to watch
    Attempts at triple salchow/triple loop after presumably not training this for awhile:
    Third time's the charm. lol

I would have loved to have seen a good vid of his new costume. One fan who saw it said he looked like a mirror ball when he spun. The still pix don't do it justice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Oh agree the mention of it alone is not an implied endorsement of taking drugs at all. The fact he said it was, i think, completely to create the controversy that then blew up. He loved to be controversial then, and moreso if it pissed the USFSA off, which surely it did.
    Well you never know with him. He certainly couldn't have known what he would be asked about. I just think at that stage of the game he didn't have any filters in place. That's why the press loved him, because he just said whatever popped into his head and he is a wit. This comment didn't really affect me at the time but I almost died laughing when he told Phil H that he'd lost weight and was looking good. That, and "This is not a boa. It's a scarf. I would never wear a boa to a press conference."

vCash
    He certainly couldn't have known what he would be asked about.
    Asking a skater how they think their performances/programs compare to other skaters' performances/programs, or asking a skater to comment on fans' reaction to the skater's own programs/performances or those of other skaters, are pretty much standard questions in press conferences or interviews. I don't see why Johnny, or any skater for that matter, would be surprised by or unprepared for those type of questions.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'm sure you're right. They could have asked him to compare to a different skater's program rather than Ryan's though. I just doubt he practiced his answers in front of his mirror before the competition. Not that he's not lovin' his mirror time. lol I'm sure they are schooled in what to say when asked those questions. Johnny just doesn't like to follow the script. It merely seemed an off the cuff quip to me. Antmab could be right though. One never knows, do they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Practice session from Japan. Fans got to watch.

Triple axel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_6f...ure=youtu.be&a

Very nice! Triple axel looking gorgeous.

I love watching skaters practising and building up to do an element - the 3s/3lp video was great for that too.

This comment didn't really affect me at the time but I almost died laughing when he told Phil H that he'd lost weight and was looking good. That, and "This is not a boa. It's a scarf. I would never wear a boa to a press conference."
    I vaguely remember the boa comment but didn't know the Phil Hersh one!

vCash
    Click to the 2nd picture to see Johny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Click to the 2nd picture to see Johny

And here was Johnny's reaction from twitter:

JohnnyGWeir Johnny Weir
    Don't really mind being on @usweekly worst dressed list, we can't all be Nicole Kidman. In good company with a Kardashian and @kirstiealley.
    8 Jul

vCash
    Johnny Weir has made an early appearance in the "Continue the Story 2011" thread here in the Trash Can. Check it out and add to the tale!

vCash
    Johnny is on his way to China (after skating in Japan last week and returning to the US!?) for Artistry on Ice. Jet lag, anyone?

I think Jeffrey Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Joannie Rochette will be in this show as well. No Stephane Lambiel, though. :-(

Last year there were tons and tons of photos and videos from Johnny's China trip. Hoping the Chinese fans will be just as generous this year.

vCash
    Johnny will be skating at Sun Valley on Saturday, July 30.

vCash

Beyond His Fifteen Minutes of Fame

Johnny is still a master of creating scenarios from which he will undoubtedly get some additional recognition. He has been tweeting about attending his cousin's wedding in Lancaster, PA with Meg Carolozzi. It is evident that they have gotten the local police to create a fake arrest with very funny tweets and pictures. I had to look more than once at the second picture to figure out what was going on.

» JohnnyGWeir

Caught red handed in Oxford, PA with @megcarlozzi. Guilty as charged, the charges are glamour. http://yfrog.com/kkdtmcoj

JohnnyGWeir

When you're being arrested, always remember to wear your @LouboutinWorld!
    http://yfrog.com/kfe0nwbj

vCash

This Could Happen Only to Johnny!

Per his most recent tweet:

JohnnyGWeir

Got pulled over for speeding on my way to pilates. Officer wrote me the ticket, told me how to pay, then asked for an autograph for his wife

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast