Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Speaking of Johnny Weir, I saw him on tv in a dress this evening, but I missed the explanation as to why he actually had a dress on. If anyone can enlighten me, thanks. lol.
    Because he's a sweet transvestite from Lan-cast-er, Penn-syl-va-ni-a, ah hahhh!
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Seconded that he wore a dress because he felt like it. This must have been what it was like when women started wearing bloomers and then slacks. Oh, the horror! What does it matter, really?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Because he's a sweet transvestite from Lan-cast-er, Penn-syl-va-ni-a, ah hahhh!
    I watched that yesterday!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Seconded that he wore a dress because he felt like it. This must have been what it was like when women started wearing bloomers and then slacks.
    You mean, when hundreds and thousands of women started wearing them? I think there's a flaw in the comparison.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Because dresses are fun and comfortable and he looks nice in them? That's why I wear dresses. It's not a big deal.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    For those wondering why Johnny has been tweeting from Miami this week: Johnny Weir skates into town for MAC show
    Weir will zip in to town for the MAC Cosmetics conference Wednesday in Miami Beach and check out the holiday 2011 collection. He uses the beauty brand’s bronzer, powder, and a lip conditioner during performances. He’ll also show off his blade moves for a VIP audience on a special “rink’’ covered with something called “plice,’’ a type of plastic ice.

“I’m not so happy about that,’’ Weir says of the synthetic. “I’ll be flopping around in this giant ballroom. I’ll try my best because who doesn’t want to start summer with a little ice skating?’’

Watch me move
    vCash
    Geez, I hope he's ready to replace his blades after skating on plastic ice. That stuff is nasty.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Geez, I hope he's ready to replace his blades after skating on plastic ice. That stuff is nasty.
    No offense, but I certainly hope that he has "backup" blades to use there instead of his normal performance blades.

Who knows - maybe he is ready to buy new blades (or has done so already) and will send whatever pair he uses at this event out in style by performing there.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    According to his Twitter, he fell. But it wasn't clear if he fell while skating. He said he fell off the stage and hurt his thumb.

vCash

Johnny at Macy's

Johnny at Macy's on June 9.
    At the begining there was a brief fashion show on men's clothes and Johnny MCed it.

http://twitpic.com/59d2hm
    http://twitpic.com/59d3jd

The show was followed by Q&A for him and then book signing.
    When asked about which music he would have liked to skate to
    (or to that effect), he answered Liebestraum, without hesitation,
    and continued as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becKGKR2_ak

I hope he can bring it back to life if he thinks the program would have been so beautiful !

He was very kind and gracious to all the fans that were there,
    taking enough time to talk to each one of them at the book signing.
    If you did not have his book, they gave you his portrait with Macy's logo.
    Some snacks and drinks were served as well (not sure if this is specific to this store) - all free!

vCash
    According to this from the D.C. Macy's Q&A, Johnny is "taking one more year off competitive skating." I guess he's not ready to commit either way. It has to be a tough decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OfFlaY-nEW0

vCash
    Did not make best dressed at his book signing...

Quite a blue look

vCash
    That's quite a bowl cut he's got going there.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    lol I agree bangs should not be his look. I love the shirt though. Love that color.

vCash
    He's Grand Marshall of today's pride parade in Los Angeles (West Hollywood to be exact). I'll let you know if I see him. My friends got pictures with him yesterday and he was sporting a big bouffant.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

vCash
    His hair looked better the day after Philly, in D.C.:
    http://www1.wireimage.com/GalleryLis...=505380&nbc1=1

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    His hair looked better the day after Philly, in D.C.:
    http://www1.wireimage.com/GalleryLis...=505380&nbc1=1
    It did?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Oh, jeez. I don't go into the threads of skaters I don't care for just to make fun of them.

I personally don't like Johnny's current haircut, but with someone who experiments with different looks as much as Johnny, not everything is going to look good. In my opinion, this haircut looks better when it's tousled than when he has bangs.

Anyway, I think it's cool that he has, in his words, "found his pride"--some kind of compromise between being an outspoken activist and not saying anything at all-- and that he's doing all these pride events. Word is that he has been nothing but sweet and gracious to his fans. He described a time in his life when he was "aggressively diva," and someone questioned whether that wasn't still the case. He said, "I'm nice now!" And from all reports, he is kind, thoughtful, accessible, and confident. I think he was probably always this way at his core, but he's matured now...and a lot of people are getting inspiration from him to be themselves.

vCash
    Just found out that Johnny is going to be at the St Petersburg, FL Pride Fashion Show!! I'll be getting my rear there promptly!

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast