Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

vCash
    the news says that a nuclear powerplant near Tokyo has set off its automatic alarm system and some of facility is on fire.

oh god.........

from Golden skate forum by Shelpa

Russian media reports that:
    Russian figure skaters disappeared in Japan.

Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov landed in Tokyo for 3 hours before the earthquake. After earthquake in capital of Japan the Federation of figure skating of Russia has lost contact with sportsmen - 24-year-old Tatyana Volosozhar and 27-year-old Maxim Trankov, and also their trainer Nina Mozer.

http://www.lifenews.ru/news/53249

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Frankly, who cares what happens to Worlds at this stage? Very unimportant in the scheme of things.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Prayers for Tatiana and Maxim.

@AllezFred This is a figure skating forum. Yes, everyone here is concerned for the victims and has expressed that. However, being that it is a figure skating forum, people are going to speculate on the status of the competition when this happens a few hundred miles away. That doesn't make them heartless or anything else.

vCash
    According to Japanese media, the focus of this earthquake is not in Tokyo (North Area in Japan).
    Currently almost railways in Tokyo are stopped for the safety, but not received any serious damages for main lifeline.

So I think the Worlds will not be cancelled....I hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nana7045 View Post
    According to Japanese media, the focus of this earthquake is not in Tokyo (North Area in Japan).
    Currently almost railways in Tokyo are stopped for the safety, but not received any serious damages for main lifeline.

So I think the Worlds will not be cancelled....I hope so.
    Thats good that the trainlines are safe.

Narita airport is currently shut down according to the US Army, as reported by Fox News. Also, according to the pentagon, all US servicemen/women are accounted for on our airforce base there. So that's at least some good news (the US army people, I mean).

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie View Post

@AllezFred This is a figure skating forum. Yes, everyone here is concerned for the victims and has expressed that. However, being that it is a figure skating forum, people are going to speculate on the status of the competition when this happens a few hundred miles away. That doesn't make them heartless or anything else.
    Never said anyone was heartless. Just making the statement that in the grand scheme of things where lives are being lost and whole cities and towns being destroyed what happens with regard to a figure skating competition is pretty trivial. In my opinion.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Narita Airport is closed from reports I am seeing in Australia, as anyone would expect. The Tsunami has hit across the entire eastern seaboard of Japan. How far inland the tsunami has travelled into Japan is not clear as yet.

There was not one tsunami but two, the BBC are reporting.

Other pacific areas are in danger for Tsunamis, especially low lying islands. Other areas, including Hawaii, the eastern seaboard of Australia and the western seaboard of USA are on Tsunami alert.

A fire in a nuclear turbine plant in north eastern Japan is being reported.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Never said anyone was heartless. Just making the statement that in the grand scheme of things where lives are being lost and whole cities and towns being destroyed what happens with regard to a figure skating competition is pretty trivial. In my opinion.
    It is, except it sort of isn't with one of the pair teams unaccounted for.

vCash
    V&T may be having trouble using their mobile phone international roaming service. I have been trying to call my friends in Tokyo via international phone line for last 3 hours, but lines are not working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    V&T may be having trouble using their mobile phone international roaming service. I tried to call my friends in Tokyo via international phone line for last 3 hours, but lines are not working.
    Hopefully that's all it is. Heck, even figuring out how to use one's phone internationally can be weird, at times, and if they are trying to get to a safe place to wait this out and all -- well, calling Russia might not be 1st priority.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie View Post
    It is, except it sort of isn't with one of the pair teams unaccounted for.
    They should be fine. The problem at the moment is that all the phone lines are jammed.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    V/T and their coaches are reportedly safe. They arrived in Fukuoka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Thanks.

vCash
    Thanks!

I heard Nikolai Morozov and his skaters are in Fukuoka now.
    Fukuoka is in South area of Japan and far from North area, so there is safety!

According to media, all railway in Tokyo is stopped today, but the bus service is working.
    So I think all transportation will resume within this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Tokyo's busiest airport is mostly underwater
    Is that really? There are two major airports in Tokyko and I have not heard news about either of them. All I heard was about Sendai Airport got underwater.

It it not like I listened to every news but if Haneda or Narita got underwater it should get a big attention.

vCash
    They are saying its the Sendai (sp) airport.

vCash
    According to net news provided by a newspaper company, Haneda Airport has resumed its operation.

Praying for the people in the affected areas.

vCash
    Fumie Suguri and Shizuka Arakawa and a few other Japanese skaters have been tweeting for the past several hours and are reporting they are safe. Internet, skype still working for them.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    thanks!

vCash
    Thank God V/T are safe, but my heart is with all the others, who are not. As Allezfred said, Worlds are not the most important thing right now, the safety and cafreteking of the Tsunami victims is.

My heart is withthem and the Japanese FSU posters.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast