View Poll Results: Who will win the ladies' event at Worlds?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miki Ando

52 25.74%
  • Mao Asada

44 21.78%
  • Yu-Na Kim

82 40.59%
  • Carolina Kostner

3 1.49%
  • Kanako Murakami

1 0.50%
  • Mary Ann Summers

5 2.48%
  • Other

15 7.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    And one reason I am wary of picking Miki as the winner is that she has proven to underperform when she is picked as a strong contender. Such as at Olympics, this year's GPF.
    I don't think Miki is like that anymore. She's much more stronger mentally than before. And this year's GPF placement was due to her new SP.
    Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 03-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Kim has good excuses to withdraw now, such as "safety" seasons.

vCash
    Of course (because I'm far from liking her skating), I'd like to see someone else winning, but IMO, Miki is the best shot at a Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    It will also applies to any skater who withdraws, not only Yuna.

vCash
    Why the quotation marks? Aftershocks can be just as scary. Although the probability of them happening decrease with time after the initial earthquake, Japan is a major earthquake zone. Even if Tokyo isn't near the epicenter of the quake, damages could occur in a domino-like fashion. If people don't feel comfortable travelling there, they shouldn't.

vCash
    Let's not take potshots at other skaters, especially during a time such as this.
    Last edited by a56; 03-11-2011 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    Let's not take potshots at other skaters, especially during a time such as this.
    ITA, if the airports are open and arena is safe, what better way to support Japan than show up and skate?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    It will also applies to any skater who withdraws, not only Yuna.
    Well, I'm saying "excuses", not real anxieties. At least, other skaters don't need to be afraid of "losing faces". Let's see when Kim's "announcement" comes. In 2008, Kim withdrew from 4CC (in Seoul) just one week before the competition.

vCash
    Last edited by a56; 03-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.

vCash
    I voted for Kanako. There's no holding back 'Jumpin' Jack'!

I bet that Mary Ann Summers is being coached by 'The Professor' - a.k.a. Morozov!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a56 View Post
    Actually, I had to look her up on Wiki. I had no idea who she was either.
    ha! I was actually thinking I was sad for knowing!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Ando has been so solid, has she made a single mistake in the LP all year?
    Sorry, I couldn't tell ya. I've failed to stay awake thru the 4 minute routine once so far!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I don't think Miki is like that anymore. She's much more stronger mentally than before. And this year's GPF placement was due to her new SP.
    I agree with this. When Miki has issues, it's usually in the SP, because her 3f and 3lz-3lo can give her trouble. If she plays it safe and does 3lz-2lo and 3lo, she may not lead after the SP but she won't be in a hole and should have no issue medaling if she goes clean in the FS like she has all season. The SP is what cost her at the Olympics and Worlds last season and the GPF this season. So I don't see her bombing, because I don't think she'll push the envelope technically in the SP, as a safe but clean SP won't take her out of the running for a win or medal, but a mess of a ambitious SP very well could.

vCash
    Well, I'm saying "excuses", not real anxieties. At least, other skaters don't need to be afraid of "losing faces". Let's see when Kim's "announcement" comes. In 2008, Kim withdrew from 4CC (in Seoul) just one week before the competition.
    She was injured at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    She was injured at the time.
    She was suddenly "injured" just one week before the competition. I'm sure Asada is the one responsible.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    I have seen a lot of bad posts, but your willingness to use people's misery as a club to take a meaningless swipe at a skater is troubling, and troubled. Have you no shame?

vCash
    This is not a "quake" thread. I'm talking about Kim's realistic chance of "withdrawal" and its consequences to the competitions. She has every reason to be afraid of going to Tokyo. Anything other than an "absolute" win will hurt her career (esp. endorsements). Frankly, it doesn't pay. Now she has a good "reason" to persuade her sponsors, so to speak.

vCash
    This is not a "quake" thread. I'm talking about Kim's realistic chance of "withdrawal" and its consequences to the competitions. She has every reason to be afraid of going to Tokyo. Anything other than an "absolute" win will hurt her career (esp. endorsements). Frankly, it doesn't pay. Now she has a good "reason" to persuade her sponsors, so to speak.
    Clearly you're paranoid, whether she's going to show up or not. What happened to your country right now is tragic and all you think about is Yuna will make an excuse not to show up. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by riveredge; 03-12-2011 at 01:55 AM.

vCash
    She was suddenly "injured" just one week before the competition. I'm sure Asada is the one responsible.
    Are you trying to say she made some fake excuse to skip the event? Just prior to the 2008 4CC, she had a hip injury, couldn’t step foot on the ice for a whole month before she resumed her training with only two weeks to go till the Sweden Worlds. Does it sound like to you she was faking an injury?

Curiously curious
    vCash
    I feel like I'm speaking with a space alien. You have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, do you? Many people have already died. Many thousands are still missing. In case the idea hasn't occurred to you, EVERY thread on Worlds is now in some way a quake thread. The fact that you would spend your time reducing the tragedy to a rhetorical weapon, nattering about with your crackpot theories while people suffer, demonstrates a lack of proportion and monomaniacal callousness that is truly disturbing. Come back with certifications for your moral and emotional compass, and a dialogue might be possible.

vCash
    Nonsense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast