Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    To paraphrase uncle Dick: "Well good for you Fumie Surguri! "
    Right on!

I would be happy to wait at the boards in Sochi with Ben-Gay and ThermaCare patches if and when she finishes her LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Right on!

I would be happy to wait at the boards in Sochi with Ben-Gay and ThermaCare patches if and when she finishes her LP.
    Good one.

vCash
    If Fumie wants to continue competing, I say more power to her. It's her decision to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ
    I'm all for Fumie's decision to keep competing, but if she's going to, at least get some better programs.

Her programs the past 3 seasons have sucked big time choreographically.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I wish she'd go back to the type of programs she had in 2003-2005. Even her 2006 SP was fantastic. Of course things have changed since then, but if she'd only get programs like that, then I think people would be more receptive to her staying on because even if she placed low, people could still enjoy her skating.
    This. I loves me some Fumie, but the LPs these past three years have been painful. The SP this year was pretty good though. She needs to stay away from Murve.

vCash
    Yes, better costumes and choreography, please!!

Actually, being an "older" skater might open the door for more possible sponsors, like hair dye or something. ;-)

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    More of her doesn't necesseraly mean as an amateur skater !
    I remember a very interesting and inspiring Gala routine few years ago (she played a doll). It would be better to see her doing tours instead of competitions where she is not at her best. JMO.
    Competitive figure skating is now professional. They earn prize money for winning, appearing, and endorsing as professional athletes (even if it is Ben-Gay and support hose ). Money no longer comes from just touring and doing exhibitions after becoming ineligible.

There are a lot of people I would rather see at a gala giving it a rest, but I can just choose to ignore them
    Last edited by bardtoob; 03-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    gooo fumie!

vCash
    If that's what you wanna do Fumie, go for it!

I loved her when I first saw her in 97(!!) and really loved her programmes circa 01-06.

My thoughts and prayers with her right now - her grandfather died this morning.

vCash
    It's a bit ridiculous to compare Czisny to Suguri. Fumie turned 30 in December, and Alissa is only 23. Alissa may seem older because she's competed at US Senior Nationals every year since 2002, but she is far from being 'over the hill'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    This. I loves me some Fumie, but the LPs these past three years have been painful. The SP this year was pretty good though. She needs to stay away from Murve.
    I agree - her programs since she stopped working with Lori Nichol have been horrible. The judges aren't even giving her decent PCS anymore. Its not that her basic skating or ability to interpret has gone downhill, its that her programs have not allowed her to highlight her speed and basic skating.

I am all for Fumie continuing, but she needs to get serious about her training and get better choreography. She still has the goods (flutzes and mental blocks aside) - but isn't surrounding herself with the best coaches/choreographers at the moment.

Part of the problem is that Fumie's a bit of a diva and will leave coaches when she feels like she's not the main priority (e.g., Sato, Morozov). If she stuck with them, I don't think she'd be struggling as much as she has been.

vCash
    fumie a diva?

vCash
    I wish someone would enlighten me as to why Morozov is such a popular coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    If that's what you wanna do Fumie, go for it!

My thoughts and prayers with her right now - her grandfather died this morning.
    I became a Fumie fan when I saw her skate to "Jupiter" (from Holst's "the Planets" circa 2000/2001 (?).

My sincere condolences to Fumie and her family at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wish someone would enlighten me as to why Morozov is such a popular coach
    Morozov had some high-profile students that had successes on the world stage under his tulage. Plus he really know how to please his [female] students

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy
    Part of the problem is that Fumie's a bit of a diva and will leave coaches when she feels like she's not the main priority (e.g., Sato, Morozov). If she stuck with them, I don't think she'd be struggling as much as she has been.
    She already knew that Ando was Morosov's main priority when she went to him in 2007-2008. That said, I wish she had stayed with Sato.

vCash
    Fumie's a diva?

I know she and Shiz weren't friends but I've never heard this about her.

Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    I became a Fumie fan when I saw her skate to "Jupiter" (from Holst's "the Planets" circa 2000/2001 (?).
    A great programme! I loved her SP that year aswell, as well as her 02 programmes to Ave Maria and Moonlight Sonata, and Pink Panther and Carmen in 05. She was so much better under the Sato's IMO.

vCash
    Certainly, there were times when Fumie seemed like a diva. When she first started working with Morozov, I noted that she and Miki didn't look at each other, even when they were standing a few feet away from each other in the hallway. One time, I saw them standing and not talking, when Miki turned a little toward Fumie, looked at her and smiled quietly in an apparent attempt to initiating a little mutual recognition, but Fumie didn't respond. She wouldn't talk to anyone, she didn't acknowledge anyone but Morozov and the people who came with her. Then, days later, that all changed and Fumie became quite friendly to everybody--very talkative and outgoing. She and I had some nice, extended conversations. So, maybe, like many people, she could be masking shyness with a diva's personality. She's quite nice.

vCash
    Does anyone know why Fumie Suguri dropped out of Finlandia Trophy? She sounded pretty sure that she was going per twitter. But I also found something on someone else's twitter about Fumie and her family not being able to fund her skating anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Does anyone know why Fumie Suguri dropped out of Finlandia Trophy? She sounded pretty sure that she was going per twitter.
    I was looking forward to seeing Fumie compete, this week.

But I also found something on someone else's twitter about Fumie and her family not being able to fund her skating anymore
    How sad.

vCash
    Does anyone know why Fumie Suguri dropped out of Finlandia Trophy? She sounded pretty sure that she was going per twitter. But I also found something on someone else's twitter about Fumie and her family not being able to fund her skating anymore
    This isn't the way I wanted things for Fumie to end up, if this means that her amateur career is over, I hope that she can leave proud with all that she has accomplished :-) , if she finds a way to continue, she will always have a fan in me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast