Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    The pair looks good for the time being,They have good chance of making Canadian team. But, then again thought Jerome and maria had good chances looking at heir practice video, so I think I will wait till some competition they compete to make up opinion on them.

vCash
    A couple of videos from the COS show practice referred to in Pj’s blog have been posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr7F5W_qFWQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1R1uHrDDfg

Bryce looks to be coming along quite nicely. In very good spirits too. He and Alex Paul look attractive together. Hmm, can we teach her to jump?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    ^
    Break up an incredibly promising dance team to give Bryce a pairs partner?

(I know you were joking.)

vCash
    I was so sad to hear of the dissolution of D&D's partnership....as others have stated, they really had something special...to see both partners with such great skating skills is such a delight. I really loved them and still cannot believe we will not see any new programs from this pair.

From what I have read, many people seem to be very angry at Jess for how this whole situation turned out, and I imagine that is closely linked to how badly we feel for Bryce. It is so sad to him experience something so difficult. The way I see it, though, Jess would not be doing anyone any favours by staying in a partnership that she no longer felt was working. As many have said, something has seemed off with this pair for a while ( prior to the injury). It is unfortunate timing, yes, but in the end I think this decision will be best for them both. A lot has been said about Jess not wanting to move training bases. The thing is, her current coaching team may provide her with a kind of stability. Annie seems to really understand her, and when you struggle with confidence, leaving that behind can seem impossible. I don't think it should necessarily be read as Jess not wanting to sacrifice for Bryce. I think it is best that she ended it at the time she did so that they can both move on as soon as possible. I don't imagine this is a decision she made without serious consideration...I believe she genuinely felt that they no longer had a future together as a pair. She did wait it out for a while during the time he was injured, so I don't see this as her just dumping him...as someone else had posted, she owes it to herself and those who have supported her to pursue a pairs career if that is what she still wants. I wish her the very best with her new partner, and I look forward to watching them. I just love Jess's presence on the ice...she has an elegance and ease to her skating that really set here apart.

I hope Bryce can also find a new partner...he is such a rare talent and I feel that he still has so much more to give to the skating world.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415