Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Interesting, lovesskating. I do believe Jessica was maneuvering but that's just instinct. Like Bryce said, pairs split all the time. But this has left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of fans. She appears to have been opportunistic about Bryce's injury. Once she no longer needed him as her support group and cheering section for singles, he got offloaded because it looks like reciprocity just isn't her style.

If there's a negative reaction to Jessica in places, it's because even when back in their times of potential, she was always injured; couple of car accidents, practice mishaps and he stuck by her. I don't think he ever considered looking for another partner and there were many times nobody would have blamed him. Comes the year before the Olympics and the Olympic year and his dreams of the podium went down the toilet due to her making the same mistake over and over. In my mind I see all the KissNCry video where Bryce must have been devastated as a season's effort was lost, but the energy in the space, including his, was about petting and consoling her. Nobody spent much time on his feelings.

I think some fans are tired of Bryce being blamed for her issues. Her issues are her own. She's by most accounts quite a strong willed person, not at all a suffer in silence sort - or inclined to suffer, period, considering she didn't care to train with or wait for an injured partner after eight years. What a lot of fans see is she is the one who was the drag on the team in recent times and his support was unflagging. When it's her turn to reciprocate, she makes a run for it. It looks bad. It IS bad. Her parting comments were selfish sounding; it came off like she felt his injury was unlucky for him but a gift to her and she took it. There wasn't the praise for the partner and faith in his comeback as they parted ways that you'd expect even as lip service on the occasion.

I can't resist adding that I am a little sad that Bryce would be called out for playing the sympathy card when he's talking about his own feelings for once, when he has been teamed for eight years with a partner for whom the sympathy card is a way of life. He has a problem it's his fault she has a problem it's his fault. How unfair.
    Last edited by Subway; 04-15-2011 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Whether or not it was wise of him to play the sympathy card is up to individual interpretation.
    Very true. My reaction:

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I agree that one of the two must be burned at the stake. Now it is up to us decide which of the two that is. And we have... All. Summer. Long.

Mmmm...how I love lengthy trials. So rich!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I agree that one of the two must be burned at the stake. Now it is up to us decide which of the two that is. And we have... All. Summer. Long.

Yes, but we were already going to have a busy summer deciding who would have won worlds if only they were held on time. This adds a lot to the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Love you, PeterG!

vCash
    The thing that rubbed me the wrong way about all of this is that Dube seemed to make a complete about face. When she first decided to skate singles, she was adamate about the fact that she was just keeping in shape until Davison got back, and insisted that she was not returning to singles. Then, just like that, we find out that the partnership is over. It just seemed a bit strange to me. She had obviously committed to seeing the season through...they had a new program and were by all accounts ready to skate at SC before the injury happened. It seemed strange that he got hurt and she ended things just like that. It seemes to me like skating singles at nationals made her realize that she missed it or was happier doing it than pairs. She certainly looked more at ease this year than she has in the past few seaons with Davison. I really hope that he finds someone new...he's a fantastic pairs skater.

vCash
    Maybe he could skate with Mukhortova? She still doesn't have a partner...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Like Bryce said, pairs split all the time. But this has left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of fans.
    I'm not sure why this is a reason to condemn either of them, just because they did not handle things the way you would like to see them handled. It's their partnership/relationship, and like any partnership/relationship it's not perfect, but it's their choice, not yours, how they decide to manage that.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Maybe he could skate with Mukhortova? She still doesn't have a partner...
    I don't think that would work. According to her ISU bio, she's 162 cm and her previous partner, Trankov, was 187. Bryce Davison is considerably shorter at 177.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesskating View Post
    I think what will be more interesting is if Jessica show's up with a new partner? I have heard some very interesting rumors. If they turn out to be true then Bryce has alot of reasons to lick his wounds. I for one do believe Bryce was out maneuvered. Very unfortunate, as Bryce was one I watched in the pair team as I knew he would land his tricks.
    you cant make refference to rumours and NOT share!!!! that is suely a rule of belonging to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    you cant make refference to rumours and NOT share!!!! that is suely a rule of belonging to FSU
    I agree! You have to tell us what rumours are!

vCash
    I would think Bryce would be in HIGH demand right now all over North America, even with his injury. I would imagine he's receiving phone calls every day from skate moms of potential partners and from coaches all over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nro View Post
    I don't think that would work. According to her ISU bio, she's 162 cm and her previous partner, Trankov, was 187. Bryce Davison is considerably shorter at 177.
    I would be interested to see them skate adagio style pairs in shows. Two great skaters with nothing to do. Besides, his knee won't hold up to much, it sounds like.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise View Post
    I agree! You have to tell us what rumours are!
    Not a rumour any longer... the answer is Sebastien Wolfe! He skated most recently with Tara Hancherow; they were 2nd in junior pairs at Canadian Nats in 2010 and 2011. He was also 8th in senior men at Nats in 2010.

http://www.journalexpress.ca/Sports/...astien-Wolfe/1

vCash
    Does Jessica REALLY think that we believe the sequence of events she is putting out there?

Hmm.... it all flows so nicely. Break up with Byrce, accidently find a partner, announce partner.

Sorry dear, but I have a feeling that "partner" had been picked out prior to "break up"

vCash
    I can't believe this! Tried so hard to like Jessica despite all of this, but I really feel she tricked Bryce Sigh.

vCash
    Oh wow. I have a difficult time believing this coincidence.. poor Bryce.

vCash
    What about Tara Hancherow? The article says that Wolfe was her partner? Did this partner split up before the Dube/Wolfe partnership happened?

Hancherow was supposedly a dear friend of Jessica's. I think she's a teen-ager.

Kudos to you, lovesskating. You were correct.

vCash
    Well, the cat is out of the bag. Frankly, I find the whole thing extremely distasteful. I can't say anything else, but think about the timing and how new partnerships on this level are formed... And reach your own conclusion about what happened.

vCash
    well its not like any of us actually thought she had a promising carreer in singles! so the partner thing does not surprise me- the fact it is NOT a seasoned senior skater does but i guess it is slim pickin's out there right now- i was thiking cody hay would have made a good choice0 but who is to say they did not try out and he :runs: this will be interesting if nothing else..

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast