Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

New pair team: Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe

I thought we should have a new thread for this newly reported team by the journalexpress.ca:
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Not a rumour any longer... the answer is Sebastien Wolfe! He skated most recently with Tara Hancherow; they were 2nd in junior pairs at Canadian Nats in 2010 and 2011. He was also 8th in senior men at Nats in 2010.

http://www.journalexpress.ca/Sports/...astien-Wolfe/1
    Excerpt translated into English:
    "It happened unexpectedly, much sooner than I thought. As we train in the same place (in Contrecoeur) and with the same coach for four years now, Sebastien and I were good friends. Recently, I started training with him for fun, but also not to lose his touch as a duo, " said the 23-year-old Dube.

Soon, a beautiful partnership has developed between the two skaters, so much so that the evidence has finally been accepted.

"We surprised our coaches, but it was at first surprised ourselves. We should try together from next season, "said Dube,
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    Good for them!

vCash
    Although I'm not a fan of JD, I wish this new team well in their endeavors.

vCash
    Good luck to them. Wolfe is a nice skater.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Maybe we'll see a different Jessica now that there appears to be a possibility she'll be happy in the partnership.

(((((((Bryce)))))))

I hope he too finds a wonderful new partner when he's healed.

vCash
    Seems like this will make it hard for Jessica to focus on her singles skating...

/sorry for the snark. I do wish them good luck. I love pairs- so I want all of them to do well!

vCash
    poor Tara...

does anyone know if she has had any luck finding a new partner? Obviously Jess is a great opportunity for Seb, but Tara is just a young girl, I would hate to think she got dumped for "someone better"...

vCash
    Love Wolfe's skating so I'm glad to see him continue on with Jessica. Wish them the best with their new Partnership!

living every minute
    vCash
    Jess' dress in the photo with that article is better than most of the competition costumes she's had for the last 5 years.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    poor Tara...

does anyone know if she has had any luck finding a new partner? Obviously Jess is a great opportunity for Seb, but Tara is just a young girl, I would hate to think she got dumped for "someone better"...
    Sebastien has aged out of juniors, I believe, so that may have made it hard for him and Tara to continue.

vCash
    Wow, I just found out that I can still read French reasonably well. Haven't tried in years.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how they look together.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    This has a very "Anabelle and Cody" vibe to it....with them both splitting with their respective partners, training together, skating together to keep up the pairs skills and then deciding to skate with each other. Hopefully they'll have the same success that Anabelle and Cody did!!!
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    Great choice! I like Sebastien Wolfe! I saw him a few times skating, specially at my skating's club show in 2009.

I think they can be a great couple. Can't wait to see what they can do!

but I'm still sad she won't be with Bryce anymore...

vCash
    Eh, I still feel bad for Bryce that it seems like Jessica might have blindsided him

I don't know why she had ot say all that stuff about skating singles. I guess the partnership with Wolfe wasn't finalized yet?

vCash
    I wish the best of luck to Jessica and Sébastien!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    This has a very "Anabelle and Cody" vibe to it....with them both splitting with their respective partners, training together, skating together to keep up the pairs skills and then deciding to skate with each other. Hopefully they'll have the same success that Anabelle and Cody did!!!
    It also has an Anabelle and Cody vibe to it in the less-than-honourable way the female partner went about dumping the (supportive, more consistent) male. I was never able to fully cheer for Anabelle and Cody after what she did to Patrice and I will never be able to fully cheer for Jessica and Sebastien (as much as I have always liked Jess's skating) after the way she handled this situation with Bryce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrrl View Post
    It also has an Anabelle and Cody vibe to it in the less-than-honourable way the female partner went about dumping the (supportive, more consistent) male. I was never able to fully cheer for Anabelle and Cody after what she did to Patrice and I will never be able to fully cheer for Jessica and Sebastien (as much as I have always liked Jess's skating) after the way she handled this situation with Bryce.
    Hmm, I never kknew the full story on that

vCash
    Bravo, Jessica and good luck !

I find the level of vitriol levelled at these young women completely bizarre . I suppose some people would be happier if they had continued to stay and stay in a partnership that had stagnated ( or the other older partner was wanting to retire , or whatever ) and cut their careers short.
    Are we talking about athletes, or characters in a soap opera ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrrl View Post
    I could never bring myself to cheer for Anabelle and Cody either for the same reason. Unfortunately it will be the same with Jessica and Sebastien, even though I quite like Seb. It’s a shame when the origins of a partnership influence how you feel about a team. Slightly OT, didn’t Anabelle also try out with Craig Buntin when he was searching for a partner in 2007?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    Jess' dress in the photo with that article is better than most of the competition costumes she's had for the last 5 years.
    ita! where was this frock hiding?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast