View Poll Results: Whose Performance Did You Enjoy Tonight (Multiple Choice Allowed)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ashthon Jones and/or Naima Adedapo

9 15.00%
  • Casey Abrams

33 55.00%
  • Haley Reinhart

15 25.00%
  • Jacob Lusk

9 15.00%
  • James Durbin

36 60.00%
  • Karen Rodriquez

1 1.67%
  • Lauren Alaina

2 3.33%
  • Paul McDonald

1 1.67%
  • Pia Toscano

33 55.00%
  • Scott Mccreery

22 36.67%
  • Stefano Langone

9 15.00%
  • Thia Megia

18 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Ashton sang the song way better than she did yesterday.

I predicted the correct bottom three, but I think just about everyone else did too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Ashton out. They won't waste a save on her. They could have given other Lauren this spot.
    Is the save a new thing?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Is the save a new thing?
    No, they've used it before. It was put in after the season where J Hudson and LaToya were eliminated mid season. If they use it, two people are eliminated the next week.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    No, they've used it before. It was put in after the season where J Hudson and LaToya were eliminated mid season. If they use it, two people are eliminated the next week.
    So, it only used when there are 13?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    So, it only used when there are 13?
    No, they've used it a couple of times, but there's always a double elimination to follow in order to keep on schedule.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    No, that was season 3. They didnt start the save until season 8- Matt Giraud was the first ever save. Last year they used it on Michael Lynche.

vCash
    How many save there is though only one?

vCash
    There were 2 people in the top 13 who IMO have never had a really good performance: Ashthon & Jacob. I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He can go home next.

Jacob, Paul, & Thia were worse than Haley last night...I don't think she deserved to be in B3.

I think we all knew they weren't going to use the save on Ashthon. They probably won't use it unless it's Lauren, Pia, or Casey, maybe James.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JILEN View Post
    How many save there is though only one?
    Yes, just one per season. And IIRC, it can't be used after the competition gets down to 5 contestants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    There were 2 people in the top 13 who IMO have never had a really good performance: Ashthon & Jacob. I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He can go home next.

Have you ever even listened to music? Jacob has had phenomenal performances every time save for last night. You might not like his style, but he is delivering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Have you ever even listened to music? Jacob has had phenomenal performances every time save for last night. You might not like his style, but he is delivering.
    Uh yeah, I have listened to music. Real music where the person stays on key, sings the melody as written, and doesn't scream. What a concept.

Just because you like his style (I don't know what you'd call it, but I guess it is a style) doesn't mean everyone will. Even the elite & educated might not like his singing. Believe it or not.

Phenomenal? I don't think so. Even his much touted God Bless the Child made my ears bleed.

BTW, rude much?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I was relieved that Karen got another chance. Hope she does something with it. I would not have had Haley in the bottom 3. I guess she does need to find her identity as a singer to pull in the fans.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I don't like Jacob's style at all....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Uh yeah, I have listened to music. Real music where the person stays on key, sings the melody as written, and doesn't scream. What a concept.

Just because you like his style (I don't know what you'd call it, but I guess it is a style) doesn't mean everyone will. Even the elite & educated might not like his singing. Believe it or not.

Phenomenal? I don't think so. Even his much touted God Bless the Child made my ears bleed.

BTW, rude much?
    Jacob has stayed on key throughout the competition except last night. I have no doubt in my mind that, while you may listen to music, that you haven't a musical bone in your body. As a former professional singer and performer, I can say with certainty that what Jacob does is amazing. You may not like it, but he is great in his niche... Like James for example. I do not like his style, but I can appreciate what he does. And I throw votes his way. I want this competition to mean something to those who sing well whether I like what they do or not. I guess we just have different approaches to how we view it.

And about the rudeness... have we met? I'm a bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't like Jacob's style at all....
    That's great. Thank you for not saying what he does is horrible. It just means that you don't like it.

vCash
    Adam looked really good.

If Lauren and Thia cry at such mild criticism, how are they ever going to handle the rest of the show and this business? It just confirms to me that the age limit should not have been lowered.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't care how good of a singer anyone thinks Jacob Lusk is. If he is good then I don't want to ever be a good singer. He kills my ears every week, even when he is on key I can not stand to listen to his shrieking. Once or twice in a song is ok but somehow he finds a way to do it 10 times in a minute and a half song. Enough is enough and, in my opinion, he is an awful singer.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't care how good of a singer anyone thinks Jacob Lusk is. If he is good then I don't want to ever be a good singer. He kills my ears every week, even when he is on key I can not stand to listen to his shrieking. Once or twice in a song is ok but somehow he finds a way to do it 10 times in a minute and a half song. Enough is enough and, in my opinion, he is an awful singer.
    eh. i felt the same way about adam S8, but i would never in a million years call him an awful singer. just not my cup o'.

vCash
    What Jacob can do with his voice may be amazing....he can sure hit some high notes. But would you buy a CD of his? Could you attend a concert & listen to that screeching for an hour or so?

Now that the competition has really started, I really miss Simon. I'm sure he would have had some useful critique last night, & not just for Jacob.

(BTW I wasn't blessed with a singing voice but I was in the marching band & stage band in HS. So I think I have at least one musical bone in my body.)

vCash
    Adam looked gorgeous, but I don't think I've seen Adam with such little makeup on since Tracks of My Tears. He almost looks like a different person. Kind of a subdued performance. I think I like the acoustic version on the EP better. I just bought the remix version though, which is obviously quite different but I loooove it. Funnily, his vocals are much more at the center of this than the actual version. I hope he works with Billboard again for his next album, but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

Hmm, after reading this criticism, I watched Jacob's last performance...and I actually really liked it. I kind of love his voice. I think he's great. At least his voice is smooth on the high notes...

...unlike Casey's where it's like this growly mess. I like him and his performance, but there were a few notes where it's just not pretty.

My criticism of Pia remains exactly the same from last week. I feel like she thinks that people should perform like it's the 90s.

Lauren and James were okay for me. Both sung well, but not that memorable.

Naima! Loooooooved that. I think that was the most current performance/song I've seen on this entire show so far. The vocal was kind of lacking, but who cares, that would have been better than 95% of the artists at the Grammys or VMAs. The dancing and the breakdown were SWEET. If she only had some big money note to top it off, it could have been better. The high "because" after "all you need and more-oooore" would have been good enough.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast