Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    ITA with Kathy on this one too. At one point, Ms. Z was in talks to portray Doris Day (!). Thank heavens that idea didn't come to fruition. They do have a slight resemblance, but Renee always looks like someone asked her to do something nasty in the back seat of a Hyundai....
    You give the girl too much glam - seems it'd be more like in the back seat of a Yugo or a Pacer.

A little OT, but since the name was brought up, why do people like Chelsea Handler? I've tried watching her show several times but cannot stand her schtick. As a comedian, she bores the snot out of me (ditto for Sarah Silverman, who I don't consider to be funny in any way, shape, or form).
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    A litt OT, but since the name was brought up, why do people like Chelsea Handler? I've tried watching her show several times but cannot stand her schtick. As a comedian, she bores the snot out of me (ditto for Sarah Silverman, who I don't consider to be funny in any way, shape, or form).
    Preach it, sister, preach it. Other than, "ooh, that pretty girl has a really potty mouth", I totally don't get what their appeal is.
    Plus they both like to say (usually stupid and not-funny) things, and then look all smug to let you know *they* think they're funny and outrageous. Which in my case makes me want to reach through the TV and smack them.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I used to like watching Chelsea Lately for about five minutes before it got really old. Actually the "round table" comedians make that show, and that's only when the funny ones are on. Chelsea could never carry that show on her own as IMO she's not funny and IMO sometimes her real personality (the mean spirited and bitter cokehead/drunk) comes through.

I don't even think her or Silverman are even the pretty potty mouths. Sarah is okay looking but Handler is busted and looks about fifty years old. But apparently many people do find them hilarious. Handler now has 3 million plus followers on twitter and Dave Salmoni will always have a black mark next to his name for getting involved with such a nasty piece of work (though I still tend to think it was PR related). Hanging out and being "friends" with Handler is the one thing I do criticize Jennifer Aniston for but I think that is/was one of the Hollywood "friendships" that exist only because Handler has the same agent.

vCash
    So glad Dave Salmoni came to his senses. Chelsea is a wild party girl, and he's not .

vCash
    Jennifer hangs with Chelsea Handler? I've never heard that.

I do know that Jenn and her good friends Courtney and David (in their day) hung out quite a bit with Ellen and Portia.

Jennifer has been a frequent guest on Ellen's show and they do mention every time how close they are, hanging at each other's house (and Courtney's) etc.

Ellen never mentions that with other guests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    So glad Dave Salmoni came to his senses. Chelsea is a wild party girl, and he's not .
    Yeah, Dave's downtime seems to be spent camping or some other outdoor activities when he's not playing with his animals. I'm glad he dumped Chelsea but it might have been worth another month of hookups to see her trying to camp or hike through the woods as opposed to slamming back vodka next to a swimming pool.

Norlite, that's why I don't think that Jennifer and Chelsea are true "friends" as opposed to they hung out a couple of times and Jennifer allowed Chelsea to come to Mexico with her and a small group of people last November. If they didn't share the same agent I doubt that would have happened. That's also probably the reason Chelsea was able to get Goop Paltrow to appear on Chelsea Lately; same agent. Funny enough I read that Brangelina (or Brad) are also represented by the same guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Check out any Renee Zellwegger post on ohnotheydidnt. Somebody photoshopped a box of Renee's sour lemon drop candy complete with a picture of her permanently puckered face. A woman I once worked with said she always looks like she's smelling a fart. I do love the Bridget Jones films though.
    If you love the movies, then read the books. You will flip over them. So much better!

I always thought that Renee's face looked like it was attacked by a swarm of killer bees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You give the girl too much glam - seems it'd be more like in the back seat of a Yugo or a Pacer.
    meanie (but you speak the truth)

Yeah, Dave's downtime seems to be spent camping or some other outdoor activities when he's not playing with his animals. I'm glad he dumped Chelsea but it might have been worth another month of hookups to see her trying to camp or hike through the woods as opposed to slamming back vodka next to a swimming pool.
    Oh, she'd have started a forest fire or something. Or Dave might have gotten fed up with her shenanigans and fed her to the lions - who promptly would have gotten drunk from her booze-soaked flesh.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Speaking of Kathy Griffin, I can't believe she's dating the Old Spice guy.
    What?!
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    What?!
    Maybe, maybe not.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...amazing-201183

At least he's an improvement on Steve Wozniak, although most of the men on Planet Earth would be an improvement from Steve Wozniak IMHO.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I don't know, Wozniak is pretty rich. Plus he's at least somewhat smart.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Speaking of Kathy Griffin, I can't believe she's dating the Old Spice guy.
    Good. His seeing eye dog can walk them both down the aisle!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Jennifer is considered hot by straight males (I think) because she is cute in a non-threatening way (read: accessible) and her bod is smokin' from the neck down. No flat ass issues there. Between all three ladies on Friends and Angelina, I'd choose to look like her for exactly those reasons. And she laughs and is easy going. That's a bonus
    She's conventionally attractive, there's no particularly memorable, stand-out feature, but her face is nice and symmetrical and ticks off the boxes for what counts as pretty in our society.

Her nasally voice, though?
    Last edited by Cheylana; 03-12-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I don't know, Wozniak is pretty rich. Plus he's at least somewhat smart.
    Sorry, but IMHO if he had all the money in the world I wouldn't go on a date with him. He just about made me kick the TV set in when he was on DTWS, he was that annoying and geeky.

vCash
    I like Jennifer Aniston.

vCash
    I've never been much of fan, but IMO Jen isn't that much more boring than many actresses and more interesting than some. Friends was too cutesy for me and I've never got to see a film because she was in it. But I did like her in "Marley and Me", which I saw because I'm a sucker for sad dog stories. It could be said that Owen Wilson carried the film but Jen nonetheless did a solid, convincing job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I've never been much of fan, but IMO Jen isn't that much more boring than many actresses and more interesting than some. Friends was too cutesy for me and I've never got to see a film because she was in it. But I did like her in "Marley and Me", which I saw because I'm a sucker for sad dog stories. It could be said that Owen Wilson carried the film but Jen nonetheless did a solid, convincing job.
    Wrong. The dog carried the film. Duh!

People that flocked to M&M are people that loved dogs and animals.

----

The only Aniston's film I've seen in full was Object Of My Affection, but that was only because Paul Rudd was cute . I think Aniston is the type of person in real life that most people would want to be friend with. There's nothing threatening about her. She's cute but not drop-dead gorgeous. She has a nice body but not super buffed that makes one go "D*mn!". I mean lookwise, Jen's everything that the average, everyday woman wishes she could look like ... but no one wants to admit it.

As an actress, yes, she's limited. She tried to branch out but those films weren't successful financially, and I doubt studios are knocking down her door now to give her dramatic roles. The smart thing for her to do now is to work only on ensemble films. I think Jen would be good in science fiction film though. There's a remake of "Logan's Run" in the work; I can see her in it.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I mean lookwise, Jen's everything that the average, everyday woman wishes she could look like ... but no one wants to admit it.

I dont want to look like a foot with eyes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I think Jen would be good in science fiction film though. There's a remake of "Logan's Run" in the work; I can see her in it.
    At 42, I think she'd be too old. Didn't the original feature a plot line where the inhabitants were only allowed to live until 30? Are they upping the age to 40 in the remake?

vCash
    That's true, but it never really bother me if an actress is actually too old for a part. As long as she looks young enough to play the part then it's fine with me . I was thinking Jen could play the Farrah Fawcett's role.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast