Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    But it gave us the immortal line, "Not the bees! NOT THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!" and my personal favorite, "Step away from the bike!"
    Don't forget "How'ditgetburned? How'ditgetburnedHOW'DITGETBURNED????" (There's a great RiffTrax for that movie, here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Joan Rivers to me comes off as spiteful and jealous because for all her snarking, she hasn't had the tenth of the success of just one of Jennifer's flops.
    She hasn't? I guarantee a lot more people are familiar with her than with one of Jennifer's flops. Heck, probably more people heard Joan voicing a robot in Spaceballs than saw any five of Jennifer's flops.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    She hasn't? I guarantee a lot more people are familiar with her than with one of Jennifer's flops. Heck, probably more people heard Joan voicing a robot in Spaceballs than saw any five of Jennifer's flops.
    The money Jen's movies make would say otherwise...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's Adam Sandler's movie. Jen is just one of the actresses he hired for a part in the film. One of Sheen's goddesses could've played Jen's role in the film, and it would still make 88 mil.
    Exactly. As much as I liked The Object of My Affection, Friends with Money and even Derailed, those parts could easily have been played by about a dozen other actresses. The former film succeeded for me mainly because of the strong supporting cast, including the always superb Allison Janney (a former ice skater).
    Don't forget "How'ditgetburned? How'ditgetburnedHOW'DITGETBURNED????" (There's a great RiffTrax for that movie, here.)

And just because some of an actor's movies make money, doesn't mean that they are good movies. Steven Seagal anyone?

And no point in comparing Jen to Joan. First of all, despite her training in theater, Joan is first and foremost, a comedian. She made her mark with doing stand-up, and yes, snarking on A-listers, like lots of other comedians like Don Rickles. She never tried to become a film actress or transition from TV to movies like Jen is doing.

vCash
    Joan makes me laugh, Jen makes me just shake my head and say "what do people see in her". Don't know anything about Jen as I won't read any articles about her as they all seem "Woe is me, I lost Brad, don't I have pretty hair?". I also don't think she's pretty, she looks like a foot. Just my opinion though.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    People keep referring to Jen talking about Brad all the time - in all the interviews I've read, she never talks about him. The articles all mention him, but that's the interviewer talking, and guessing about her feelings, and relating everything she says to Brad and Angelina; not her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Joan makes me laugh, Jen makes me just shake my head and say "what do people see in her". Don't know anything about Jen as I won't read any articles about her as they all seem "Woe is me, I lost Brad, don't I have pretty hair?". I also don't think she's pretty, she looks like a foot. Just my opinion though.
    A foot? Very interesting, please explain!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    People keep referring to Jen talking about Brad all the time - in all the interviews I've read, she never talks about him. The articles all mention him, but that's the interviewer talking, and guessing about her feelings, and relating everything she says to Brad and Angelina; not her.
    yeah, that's my impression too. The media is obsessed with that triangle and Brad and Angelina in general. They shove them down our throats so much...I can't stand them!

vCash
    I think they always bring it up in articles about Aniston because there's nothing else to talk about it. She's as bland as can be and seems to have no personality and no interests.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Friends With Money was also a decent movie, even though she was pretty much playing herself. She needs to take an artistic risk. And get off The Widow Pitt schtick.

Good thing you cleared that up - cause Jen will NEVAH get tired of it. She'll be talking about it at the old folks' home.

See, I can't stand Debbie Reynolds either, mainly 'cause her acting stinks. And her persona gets on my nerves. She's another June Allyson for me.
    Aww, you didn't just lurve "Tammy"? It's funny because I used to love that movie when I was a teenager. I recently saw it again for the first time in over 30 years and my reaction was "What a load of treacle!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    I think they always bring it up in articles about Aniston because there's nothing else to talk about it.
    I think they probably bring it up because she's still single. Most stars would have been married (and likely divorced) again by now. I don't think they know what to do with someone who doesn't play to the stereotype.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I dislike her hairstyle (always have) but otherwise I'm indifferent to Ms. Aniston. I neither like or dislike her. As far as her looks...imo, she is pretty enough but nothing special. I've seen prettier young women on the college campus where I used to work.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I'm trying to remember what we were doing to our hairs before Jenny came along and "changed" everything. Perms had already fallen out of favor by 1993 or 1994, hadn't they? Or were they still alive and well and Jenny's hair was the stake in the heart of Toni?

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's Adam Sandler's movie. Jen is just one of the actresses he hired for a part in the film. One of Sheen's goddesses could've played Jen's role in the film, and it would still make 88 mil.
    Jennifer Aniston has lead billing in this movie along with Adam Sandler. You can try to take her out of the equation all you want but her name and image is all over the previews, posters, etc. It is impossible to insinuate that the film is a success because of Sandler and despite Aniston. There is NO possible way to ever prove that. Sandler's movies have always relied very heavily on supporting cast (usually B or C level comedians - think Rob Schneider) so he can't be given sole credit for the success of this or any movie, really. Not that he ever should, it is just silly to say that a movie is a hit because of one actor. That is a rare exception and Sandler is certainly not the type of star who can do that. Maybe someone like Depp can do that but even he and Jolie being paired together can produce a flop!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'm trying to remember what we were doing to our hairs before Jenny came along and "changed" everything. Perms had already fallen out of favor by 1993 or 1994, hadn't they? Or were they still alive and well and Jenny's hair was the stake in the heart of Toni?

Mile-high bangs were the thing in the early '90s. You should see my high school yearbooks. Then again, maybe you shouldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Jennifer Aniston has lead billing in this movie along with Adam Sandler. You can try to take her out of the equation all you want but her name and image is all over the previews, posters, etc. It is impossible to insinuate that the film is a success because of Sandler and despite Aniston. There is NO possible way to ever prove that. Sandler's movies have always relied very heavily on supporting cast (usually B or C level comedians - think Rob Schneider) so he can't be given sole credit for the success of this or any movie, really. Not that he ever should, it is just silly to say that a movie is a hit because of one actor. That is a rare exception and Sandler is certainly not the type of star who can do that. Maybe someone like Depp can do that but even he and Jolie being paired together can produce a flop!
    Rule of thumb for Anniston movies: when it's a hit, it has nothing to do with her. When it bombs, it has everything to do with her.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have been saying that SJP looks like a foot for years, now that you mention it, the two of them have the same sort of face
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I dislike her hairstyle (always have) but otherwise I'm indifferent to Ms. Aniston. I neither like or dislike her. As far as her looks...imo, she is pretty enough but nothing special. I've seen prettier young women on the college campus where I used to work.
    Comparing a 40-something Aniston to early 20-somethings isn't exactly fair though. The fact that she can stand up to 20-somethings says a lot about her looks I'd say. And I don't think she's a knockout beauty by any means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Aww, you didn't just lurve "Tammy"? It's funny because I used to love that movie when I was a teenager. I recently saw it again for the first time in over 30 years and my reaction was "What a load of treacle!"
    Ummhmmm...it was total crap. Plus, I thought that she sucked as Molly Brown in The Unsinkable Molly Brown. She was halfway decent in Singin' In the Rain, but that movie belonged to Gene Kelly....and his thigh muscles .

i have been saying that SJP looks like a foot for years, now that you mention it, the two of them have the same sort of face
    Some people say SJP resembles Amber Corwin.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    Rule of thumb for Anniston movies: when it's a hit, it has nothing to do with her. When it bombs, it has everything to do with her.
    works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Comparing a 40-something Aniston to early 20-somethings isn't exactly fair though. The fact that she can stand up to 20-somethings says a lot about her looks I'd say. And I don't think she's a knockout beauty by any means.
    I'll say her body is better than Angelina's. But Angelina at least makes better films. Jen is also turning into another Meg Ryan, another actress I can't stomach.

vCash
    Mile-high bangs were the thing in the early '90s. You should see my high school yearbooks. Then again, maybe you shouldn't.
    In my area of the country, mall bangs were on the way out in the early nineties and this look was starting to get popular.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Yup, I had the 90210 (thin fringe) bangs, starting in 1992...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast