Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    She can't be too sick to death of them; they are in almost every interview she does. If she's sick of them, she's got enough clout to ban those types of questions from any interview.
    Good point. Let me rephrase:

I am sick to death of the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    She's the good girl who lost the guy to the bad girl. (Yeah, Angie, despite all that do-gooding and children-adopting, you're the bad girl.) I'm too young to remember but I'll bet Debbie Reynolds got the same good-girl bump when her husband left her for Liz Taylor.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I like Jen, but she never reinvents herself. Even her hair has been the same for about 15 years.

She was so great in The Good Girl. too bad she hasn't expanded on it.
    Friends With Money was also a decent movie, even though she was pretty much playing herself. She needs to take an artistic risk. And get off The Widow Pitt schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Good point. Let me rephrase:

I am sick to death of the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons.
    Good thing you cleared that up - cause Jen will NEVAH get tired of it. She'll be talking about it at the old folks' home.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    She's the good girl who lost the guy to the bad girl. (Yeah, Angie, despite all that do-gooding and children-adopting, you're the bad girl.) I'm too young to remember but I'll bet Debbie Reynolds got the same good-girl bump when her husband left her for Liz Taylor.
    See, I can't stand Debbie Reynolds either, mainly 'cause her acting stinks. And her persona gets on my nerves. She's another June Allyson for me.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Brad Pitt is dead to me until he takes a bath and gets a good shave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Brad Pitt is dead to me until he takes a bath and gets a good shave.
    I guess there's a reason his last name is "Pitt" .
    He uses baby wipes to clean his underarms...he said so.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    She's another June Allyson for me.
    Speaking of boring interviews - I read her autobiography. What a shallow, ditzy, self centred, mindless idiot. I only got through it for the rest of the Hollywood history and dish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Speaking of boring interviews - I read her autobiography. What a shallow, ditzy, self centred, mindless idiot. I only got through it for the rest of the Hollywood history and dish.
    I mentioned in Cyn's 31 Days of Oscar thread (and others,, I am sure) how much I despise June Allyson. Could she have been more annoying?

I don't know, it DEPENDS .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ..... She is too dull to really dislike properly.
    EXACTLY. She just doesn't stir any emotions in me whatsoever to like or hate her.

How many stinkers will she make? Why is she still considered Hollywood Royalty?

vCash
    I guess there's a reason his last name is "Pitt" .
    He uses baby wipes to clean his underarms...he said so.
    I seem to remember Brad having a rep for hideous BO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    I seem to remember Brad having a rep for hideous BO.
    Him and Matthew McConaghey.
    Lenny Kravitz and Robert Pattinson as well....
    It's a very justifiable dealbreaker.
    I can't believe Angelina puts up with that.

But their BO can't stink as much as Jennifer's recent movies .

vCash
    Her romantic comedies all look the same, and although she always looks fantastic, she always looks the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    she's made more stinkers than anyone.
    How about Nicolas Cage?

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Um, Jen and her publicist probably had the "regular girl" thing planned to the nth detail, and even if Jen was '"opening up" while drinking 'tinis, the publicist was probably poised just out of reach, ready to lunge at the reporter and drag them away if they asked anything that wasn't a softball question
    Isn't that how 99 percent of magazine profiles are done?

See, I can't stand Debbie Reynolds either, mainly 'cause her acting stinks. And her persona gets on my nerves. She's another June Allyson for me.
    Oh, Rex, WHAT am I going to do with you??
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Isn't that how 99 percent of magazine profiles are done?
    Of course they are. But it's the promoting of the illusion of a 'tini-fueled chat between two girls that bothers me, if only because it assumes the reading audience is stupid enough to believe this.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    If I did 5 hours of yoga a day, had a chef, driver, cook, trainer, I'd look like that too. But I don't cuz I can't...oh and i need a stylist and hairdresser!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    i think there's a misconception about how "bad" her movies do, probably because of the constant perpetuation of it by the media who has an endless fascination with her. while they aren't blockbusters, they don't cost that much to make and they consistently make enough money (at the box office + dvds) so as to make it profitable for the studios. Forbes consistently ranks her as one of the most profitable investments for studios. that's why she gets hired, and that's why she always seems like she has a new movie out every three months.

i neither get the extreme hatred or extreme adoration. she seems like a nice enough person, and there's never been a bad word written or said about her among the hollywood circles or people she's worked with. that can't be said about her "peers" like julia roberts, reese witherspoon, katherine heigl, etc. yet she just chooses to do the most banal movies.

i get that she loves to do comedies, and doesn't really get excited by doing dramatic roles. but she could probably do more indie-type comedies with directors like wes anderson, or PT anderson rather than an endless string of lame rom-coms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    If I did 5 hours of yoga a day, had a chef, driver, cook, trainer, I'd look like that too. But I don't cuz I can't...oh and i need a stylist and hairdresser!
    Me too!
    I also don't have strong feelings about Jennifer. I do think it is funny that when she was married to Pitt she was in her thirties and talking about being a young mother .. ah Jen, young mothers are 21 not 31. Not that 31 isn't a fine age to have a baby, but it is not "young." Now she is still talking about babies at 42. Really, unless she adopting, she is pushing the envelope a bit IMHO.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I've always liked Jennifer Aniston, she seems really nice and quite down to earth. I haven't cared for her movies but they are the type of movie I can turn on while sitting on the couch on a rainy Sunday. Even if I catch the movie 30 minutes in I wont miss much and can just enjoy the rest.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Plus, Jennifer looks amazing at 42, while Angelina, at 35, looks closer to 50 these days. Looking good is the best revenge!
    Hmm, would I want to be 42, looks amazing but single, make movies that are critically hated and most are stinkers, OR do I want to be 35, look unhealthy skinny at times but has a trophy-talented husband, have kids, have an Oscar, is respected as an actress when doing dramatic work, can open kick-ass movies, and is greatly admired for humanitarian works ? Tough choice.

I like Jenn. She tried to break out of her normal roles before, but those movies didn't do well. Might as well as stick to the type of roles that Hollywood only wants to hire you for and make as much money as you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    How about Nicolas Cage?
    Bangkok Dangerous is a Classic! A Classic, I tell you!

Is it any consolation that [SPOILER], eh who cares, Cage dies in most of his movies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Plus the plastic surgery! She's admitted to nose jobs, but if you look at her face in early Friends to later Friends, yeah, she's had more than a nose job.

As for the hairdresser, she made the studio pay $10,000 for a hairstylist to go on promotion with her in Europe (she 'needed' that one). Her hairstyle that promo tour: down and straight. Seriously?

I've never liked her. She was always my least favourite on Friends, and she just plain out annoys the heck out of me.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast