Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    The facination with Brad Angelina and Jennifer is that everyone assumes Brad and Jennifer will get back together some day, get married, and live happily ever after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    :eyeroll:

They are designed to be looked at and the people who lay out the covers are very good at their job...
    The next time you're waiting at a checkout line at the supermarket, observe the men standing in line and the women standing in line. Most men couldn't care less about those rags.

Of course the covers are designed to grab your attention but you can also choose to immediately look at another magazine like Family Circles or Cooking Light, for example. No one is forcing you to stare at the cover so that you can read the headlines and identify whose on those rags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    The facination with Brad Angelina and Jennifer is that everyone assumes Brad and Jennifer will get back together some day, get married, and live happily ever after.
    No, people are waiting for Brad and Angie to break up so that they can self-righteously proclaim "Uh Huh, What Goes Around Comes Around!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The next time you're waiting at a checkout line at the supermarket, observe the men standing in line and the women standing in line. Most men couldn't care less about those rags.

Of course the covers are designed to grab your attention but you can also choose to immediately look at another magazine like Family Circles or Cooking Light, for example. No one is forcing you to stare at the cover so that you can read the headlines and identify whose on those rags.
    If you can read, and you see words, you read them. You can't not read words once you learn to read. I mean, really....try it. It's impossible to not read words. I never intend to read gossip mags, I never buy them. But I read the headlines and covers etc... because they are words, and I read words. Almost unconsciously. Or subconsciously??? LOL!

vCash
    I never liked Brad & Angie long before Brangelina. Brad because he stole Thelma & Louise's money & ultimately caused their death. Irrational I know but remember, killing John Wayne in The Cowboys killed Bruce Dern's career for years. Besides, he always seemed like really dull to me, not much personality there. Just a pretty face.

And Angie did that wearing Billy Bob's blood around her neck thing. She has always seemed slightly crazy to me. And then adultery didn't endear either of them to me, but that wasn't my marriage so that is basically their business, not mine.

As for Jen, I really liked Friends, but Phoebe was my favorite. I like her ok & I think she's pretty but I don't go to the movies that much so she doesn't annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    High-5 to Joan in regards to Jennifer Aniston. And, I don't think she could ever carry a movie alone. She needs a box-office costar or a cast of many for anyone to be interested in her boring movies.

In regards to who looks better...IMO Jolie by far (even with the flock of kids, smelly husband, and her humanitarian works).
    Yes, high 5 to Joan. She took a woman who apparently never did her any harm & mocked her. That must have taken a lot of talent. Yay St Joan. There are a lot of people who bore me (your ugly daughter leaps to mind) but I dont' go around telling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrushka View Post
    I like Jennifer Anniston but in her movies,she has pretty much played the same person just a different name in a different movie.I think she needs to re-invent herself and do something different.If she really has any talent in acting outside of comedy...prove it.
    Elvis Presley played one character in all his movies his entire career & he was considered a god.

Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Some years ago I remember reading on FSU something similar written about Gwyneth Paltrow. How, had she not been daughter of a mega producer - she would still have been working in Gap.

And I agree with both statements.
    Well since Jennifer doesn't have a mega producer father, I guess there was some talent there. She was also accepted into NY's HS of the Performing Arts so I guess she took them in too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Well since Jennifer doesn't have a mega producer father, I guess there was some talent there. She was also accepted into NY's HS of the Performing Arts so I guess she took them in too.
    Maybe being the goddaughter of "Kojak" helped

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telly_Savalas

Aniston's godfather was actor Telly Savalas, her father's best friend.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Aniston

"Who loves you, baby?" (not Joan )

vCash
    Her father doesn't have to be a mega producer to have influence; John Aniston is a daytime superstar. He's been playing Victor Kiriakis on Days of our Lives since the year of the flood; I'm sure he must have valuable connections.

vCash
    Yes, high 5 to Joan. She took a woman who apparently never did her any harm & mocked her. That must have taken a lot of talent. Yay St Joan. There are a lot of people who bore me (your ugly daughter leaps to mind) but I dont' go around telling them.
    Joan insults everyone though. Why should she treat Jen differently?
    And no, beauty ain't Melissa's middle name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Her father doesn't have to be a mega producer to have influence; John Aniston is a daytime superstar. He's been playing Victor Kiriakis on Days of our Lives since the year of the flood; I'm sure he must have valuable connections.
    He also played Martin Tourneur on Search For Tomorrow for several years.

vCash
    Something about Jen has always irritated me. I have never figured out quite what it is, but it's still there.

Brad and Ange... I never liked either of them until they became parents. I can finally kind of see the appeal in him, and she (and her look) have softened quite a bit since Maddox, and I can see how stunning she is now. I also kind of love her craziness, and the fact that she doesn't have a publicist, so any comments she makes are actually made by her.

I'd go see a Brad or Ange movie many times before a Jen one, despite the intended draw to her films. They're just so... 'meh.' Ange has played everything from a kick ass British archaeologist to a crazed mother. Brad has played everything from a Nazi hunter to an 80 and 20 year old man. Jen has played the romcom lady since the dawn of time, except for about 2 attempts at something different.

IMO the only awesome thing about Jen is her relation to Victor Kiriakis. And the fact that I read once that the old Brady on Days was in the background of an episode of Friends (the one where the Days party is on the roof), and told Jen 'my wife (Nicole on the show) plays your dad's wife on the show,' to which she replied with 'umm, how old is your wife?'

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    As someone else stated, I look at them all. But the people who design Cooking Light don't do nearly as good a job as the people who design The Star.

I just love how stating that info about celebrities is everywhere even if you don't go looking for it has turned into "it's your own fault you notice the info". Sorry I didn't train myself to go through life deliberately not noticing what is around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    No, people are waiting for Brad and Angie to break up so that they can self-righteously proclaim "Uh Huh, What Goes Around Comes Around!"
    My theory is that a certain group of people are very offended by adultery and want to see Brad and Angelina get some sort of comeuppance. Another group is thrilled with the pairing and therefore doesn't want any reminders of how the relationship started and so wants Jen to go away (and paints her as 'unable to move on' when she dares to give interviews or be photographed in the celebrity gossip rags).
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I think the "problem" with Jen is that people cannot imagine someone in her position - with her wealth, beauty, fame - to be in her 40s and still single and childless, no less (oh, the horror!). So people put on their Dr. Freud hat and think that she's single is because she hasn't been able to move on from Brad .

vCash
    I haven't read any of the prior posts in this thread. My only comment is that I have never liked Joan Rivers because she bases much of her "humor" on making fun of others. I particularly remember her making fun of the weight gain of Elizabeth Taylor. I'm not really a fan of Elizabeth Taylor, I just do not appreciate making fun of others in this way.

vCash
    I think the "problem" with Jen is that people cannot imagine someone in her position - with her wealth, beauty, fame - to be in her 40s and still single and childless, no less (oh, the horror!). So people put on their Dr. Freud hat and think that she's single is because she hasn't been able to move on from Brad .
    ITA. I mean imagine ... not having a husband and children, and gasp, perhaps not even wanting them. It is just wrong I tell you, wrong!

By saying Jennifer hasn't moved on, it allows people to make sense of the situation based on their narrow view of the world.

I too can't help reading the fronts of magazines. I don't know how to see words and not read them. Cool trick if I could do it, but I can't.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I too can't help reading the fronts of magazines. I don't know how to see words and not read them. Cool trick if I could do it, but I can't.
    You know how when someone tries to tell you something that you don't want to hear, what do you do then? You cover your ears with your fingers and loudly say, "LALALALALALALA....".

So when you see a rag magazine, you immediately cover your eyes and say to yourself, "Not gonna read. Not gonna read. Not gonna read."

vCash
    Speaking of actresses who bore people, can anyone explain to me what is the big deal with Julianne Moore?

She seems like a nice enough person, and she's certainly not a terrible actress, but as of this weekend I have now seen her in three movies:

The Hours: superficial portrayal of lost suburban housewife
    A Single Man: superficial portrayal of drunk suburban housewife with horrible British accent
    The Kids Are All Right: superficial portrayal of airhead hippie lesbian suburban housewife

What am I missing here?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'm no trained movie critics, but I can say that JM got rave reviews from them for her work in ASM and TKAA. So she must be doing something right

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Heck, when I was a kid, I'd even read the words on the cereal box. They were there and so was I.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Joan and Melissa Rivers - two harpies dishing the girls that trump them. That's what I see.

That's probably what they want me to see, too. I know Joan makes fun of herself, but I can't tell if Melissa has a sense of humor or not.

vCash
    I'm no trained movie critics, but I can say that JM got rave reviews from them for her work in ASM and TKAA. So she must be doing something right
    Not to mention Moore clearly gave the best performance in The Hours (IMO) and her co-star robbed her of the Oscar for her performance in Far From Heaven.

I don't know if you can truly explain why someone is a good actress or not. Either you think so or you don't and people will always disagree despite seeing the same performance.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast