Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Not to mention Moore clearly gave the best performance in The Hours (IMO)
    I thought The Hours was a truly terrible movie, but I will admit that her parts dragged at a slightly less glacial pace than the rest
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I thought The Hours was a truly terrible movie, but I will admit that her parts dragged at a slightly less glacial pace than the rest
    I actually totally agree with you. I thought that movie was pretty God-awful and not very subtle. I know not every movie needs subtlety, but it was so unabashedly Oscar-baitish.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    FINALLY, someone in the public eye had the balls to say it; it's so true!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Heck, when I was a kid, I'd even read the words on the cereal box. They were there and so was I.
    My sister and I used to read the french side of the box out loud ... we thought we sounded so sophisticated even though we didn't have a clue what we were saying!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The Hours is my favorite movie of all time and I have seen it so many times that I can recite most of it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I thought Julianne Moore was so good in it. Streep - meh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Elvis Presley played one character in all his movies his entire career & he was considered a god.
    IMO, Elvis was considered a god for his music, not the cheesy movie rolls that the colonel kept lining up for him to rake in the $$$$. Even Elvis himself thought that most of the movies he starred in were awful...

Having said that, my all-time fav Elvis movie (actually, it's the only Elvis movie that I really like,) is Girl Happy.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112