Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    eh who cares, Cage dies in most of his movies?
    That's usually the best part of the movie...
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    That's usually the best part of the movie...
    You are so right! My personal favorite movie death of his was in the gawdawful remake of Wicker Man. The original was so good (one of my favorite trick endings of all time), but it was ruined with the remake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    You are so right! My personal favorite movie death of his was in the gawdawful remake of Wicker Man. The original was so good (one of my favorite trick endings of all time), but it was ruined with the remake.
    But it gave us the immortal line, "Not the bees! NOT THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!" and my personal favorite, "Step away from the bike!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    As for Ms. Jolie, I liked her better ten years ago when she was batsht crazy. But some people are REALLY into this Jolie vs. Aniston thing. I don't know how many years it has been-- at least 5, judging by the age of the eldest biological Jolie-Pitt offspring-- but some Aniston fans are definitely not over it. You'd think Angelina Jolie had run off with these fans' own husbands, the way they were carrying on.
    According to the internet, Shiloh will be 5 this year, so Brad and Angelina have been together for 6 or so years (I think it was early 2005). Brad and Angelina seem to be way past all the Jennifer stuff, so why can't she (and the media) get past it? Is it just because she's in her 40s and single? She's way past her 'America's Sweetheart' years, she hasn't been in anything of note lately, so what's her relevance? Personally, I think Lindsay Lohan has more relevance than she does right now. At least LiLo is doing things to keep people talking, rather than constantly rehashing things from years ago.

vCash
    Does anyone actually think Joan is funny? It just seems like everyone on her show laughs uncomfortably when she tells a joke. Like "we have to laugh because she's really old and it's her show."

Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Her movies don't do all that well at the box office. Never understood the fascination with Jen. Agree with Joan.
    I'm not a huge Jen Aniston fan, but 5 of her last 8 films have made over $100 million at the box office, and 2 of the 3 that didn't (Love Happens and The Switch) still doubled their production budgets. Not too bad. Crappy as these movies may be, with a decent male costar, she can sell tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    Well, she's already said that she much prefers to do comedy, probably because she knows her limits as an actress. I don't see why she needs to "prove" herself in dramas if she doesn't want to or why doing dramas are better barometer for talent, which is so subjective. Someone once said pulling off good comedy is harder than pulling off good drama. That said, jennifer should just start with focusing on good comedy before diving into drama.

Tina Fey is a goddess (and obviously infinitely more talented), but you're not going to see her doing anything other than comedy.
    Yes but Tina Fey is crazy good at it.And for some reason,I have no doubt Tina Fey could probably do anything she wanted.Drama or comedy.

The problem with Jennifers acting in comedy is she is just the same character,over and over and over.Nothing changes except a little bit of the story line and her characters name.

As far as drama vs comedy.I am a fan of both.A good barometer of talent is if you can make the audience laugh or make them cry.Mediocre is just annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    According to the internet, Shiloh will be 5 this year, so Brad and Angelina have been together for 6 or so years (I think it was early 2005). Brad and Angelina seem to be way past all the Jennifer stuff, so why can't she (and the media) get past it? Is it just because she's in her 40s and single? She's way past her 'America's Sweetheart' years, she hasn't been in anything of note lately, so what's her relevance? Personally, I think Lindsay Lohan has more relevance than she does right now. At least LiLo is doing things to keep people talking, rather than constantly rehashing things from years ago.
    when was the last time she talked about it? i don't know, honestly. and are you serious about lindsay lohan?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    By the way, her latest film "Just Go With It" has made over $88 million in the US (another $6 million this week so still raking it in). That is a big hit for anyone at this time of the year and I believe it finished #1 for a week. I bet it is Aniston's biggest success in a long time, if not ever, when it comes to films considering its run is not over for a few more weeks. It should pass $100 million before ever going to DVD.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    By the way, her latest film "Just Go With It" has made over $88 million in the US (another $6 million this week so still raking it in). That is a big hit for anyone at this time of the year and I believe it finished #1 for a week. I bet it is Aniston's biggest success in a long time, if not ever, when it comes to films considering its run is not over for a few more weeks. It should pass $100 million before ever going to DVD.
    you can look up her box office stats here:

http://boxofficemojo.com/people/char...feraniston.htm

vCash
    My crack about Nicholas Cage aside, cause that's different cause I said so, I am a little bit tired of people who make their entire living making of fun/insulting/running down others who actually do things.

Joan Rivers to me comes off as spiteful and jealous because for all her snarking, she hasn't had the tenth of the success of just one of Jennifer's flops. If it's so damn easy and you're so damn talented, why don't you go out and make some movies? Oh right, no one's knocking on your door. Where are all your Oscars and Emmys?

I'm putting Ricky Gervais and Kathy Griffin in the same category. Instead of making fun of easy targets and people that actually you know act in Hollywood, take a damn chance. It's very easy (and cowardly) to criticize constantly; it's much harder to put yourself out there for criticism.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I'm putting Ricky Gervais and Kathy Griffin in the same category. Instead of making fun of easy targets and people that actually you know act in Hollywood, take a damn chance. It's very easy (and cowardly) to criticize constantly; it's much harder to put yourself out there for criticism.
    Ricky Gervias is an Golden Globe, BAFTA and Emmy Award winning actor/writer/producer. He has the success to back up his comedy, and has actually worked alongside a lot of the actors he pokes fun at (just look at his show Extras). No, his movies aren't always successful, but he pokes fun at that too (I remember him doing that for Ghost Town at last year's Globes). His most common target is Steve Carrell, but then again, he pretty much gave Steve his big break. I'll always remember Ricky at the Emmys the year after he couldn't be there, so they jokingly had Steve accept the award, then the next year Ricky made a big show of asking to get his award back from Steve. I'm pretty sure it was that bit that gave him the GG hosting gig.

vCash
    Doesn't Joan make funny of everyone? Calling Jennifer boring and stupid doesn't seem particularly outside of Joan's standard behaviour.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The best thing about Jennifer Aniston is her hair, namely her hair colorist.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I always thought that Anniston is not very exciting as an actress, not that attractive, “Friends” are banal, etc…. until I saw the movie “The Good Girl”, with Anniston in the main role.

I don’t know much about this movie, never seen it again, maybe it’s in the category of “indi-movies”, black comedy about mid-American suburbia; not as obscure as “Clerks” or “Stranger than Paradise”, but same “sentiment”. Anniston was very good in it, and the movie itself is very interesting (to me).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Honestly IMO? Neither. Jolie has a more interesting face, but she has never had a great body. Look at her nude scenes in Gia; trust me, she was decidedly NOT built like Gia Carangi!!!
    What are you talking about? Angelina has great body, or atleast had when she was younger and not super skinny. Jen may work out a lot but Angelina's body had this ethereal quality: great proportions, beautiful shape of muscles. Not to mention some softness in the right places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post
    What are you talking about? Angelina has great body, or atleast had when she was younger and not super skinny. Jen may work out a lot but Angelina's body had this ethereal quality: great proportions, beautiful shape of muscles. Not to mention some softness in the right places.
    I'm talking about her flat butt and toothpick legs. There's nothing ethereal about her body to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    The best thing about Jennifer Aniston is her hair, namely her hair colorist.

I agree. She's a genius.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I think she was a good sport to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc47LcvIxyI

Probably got paid a ton of money too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    I think she was a good sport to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc47LcvIxyI

Probably got paid a ton of money too.

I think that was cute. thanks.

Hope she got paid a ton. It is a Coca Cola company, isn't it, with the advertising budget that implies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It's Adam Sandler's movie. Jen is just one of the actresses he hired for a part in the film. One of Sheen's goddesses could've played Jen's role in the film, and it would still make 88 mil.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast