Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Joan Rivers on Jennifer Aniston, "She Bores Me, Her Movies are Stupid."

"I don't know how they get financed."

Joan can be cruel, but I am kind of agreeing with her on this one. Jennifer has always struck me as being rather one-note in terms of performances. And so much of her fame comes from being the scorned ex of Brad Pitt. But lately, she's been catching hell. First Joan Collins trashes her looks, and Joan Rivers hates her movies.

Note to Jen: Stay away from women named Joan .

Discuss.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I've always thought Jen was lucky that she isn't folding long and leans at the Gap for a living. No offense to Gap workers. She is too dull to really dislike properly.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    mlp, I knew you'd sum it up.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I hated Friends, but somehow I really like Jennifer Anniston. Maybe because she does look like some normal chick.

And even though her movies aren't exciting or particularly memorable, they aren't as awful as those of, say, Katherine Heigl.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    She seems to have been banned to rom-com hell. She and Heigl poke at each other's butts with their pitchforks.

vCash
    I've always been surprised at the number of roles Jennifer still gets, cause imo, she's made more stinkers than anyone.

I have to say though, I have a soft spot for her cause I love Rachel Green, and I really really dislike Brad Pitt.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Plus, Jennifer looks amazing at 42, while Angelina, at 35, looks closer to 50 these days. Looking good is the best revenge!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Like her or not, she's laughing all the way to the bank! Although I have to wonder what makes the tabloids and tabloid readers so obsessed with her well being...

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Plus, Jennifer looks amazing at 42, while Angelina, at 35, looks closer to 50 these days. Looking good is the best revenge!
    Agree. In some ways, I wonder if consciously or unconsciously she has chosen to go the lighthearted route, rather than forcing comparisons to the global do-gooder Oscar winner Angelina. She's also constantly having to tell interviewers that she is indeed happy, so maybe that's why the choice of making comedies too.

Plus, her greatest success was in comedy - by the end of Friends she really had developed her craft I thought - so why not stick with it? I did think she was quite good in the Good Girl and would like to see more understated, indie type roles like that, but I can also see why she would choose otherwise.

vCash
    I can only imagine how sick to death she must be about the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Well, having a husband and children tends to mature a woman. Jen doesn't have to worry about such things.

But, seriously, re: Jen's looks = Amen! In her latest treacly rom-com, which my guy forced me to see with him a few days ago, Jen must strip down to her bikini in the same frame with another bikini-clad woman -- Reining Swimsuit Queen of the World TM, 24 year-old Brooklyn Decker ...

... and even with that unmatched competition Jen still looks amazing.

Back to Angie -- loves me some Angelina, and still agree that she does look much older than her years. OTOH, she's still top five in the world for in my book ... looking 50 doesn't have to bamboozle looking gorgeous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Like her or not, she's laughing all the way to the bank! Although I have to wonder what makes the tabloids and tabloid readers so obsessed with her well being...
    I think that's the shtick or persona she and/or her publicists have decided will sell. Or will resonate with the people who like her movies. Yeah, she's single, yeah, she doesn't have any kids, but she's happy doing her work and keeping fit and hanging with her friends.

I laughed quite hard at her recent cover story in PEOPLE which was all "Ooh, Jen opens up with some girl talk" and went on about how Jen is just a regular girl who invited the reporter to lounge on the couch with her and have some kind of 'tinis while they talked. Um, Jen and her publicist probably had the "regular girl" thing planned to the nth detail, and even if Jen was '"opening up" while drinking 'tinis, the publicist was probably poised just out of reach, ready to lunge at the reporter and drag them away if they asked anything that wasn't a softball question
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    She's type cast for sure. I am bored with her movies, but I like her ok as a person from what I've read in interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I can only imagine how sick to death she must be about the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons.
    She can't be too sick to death of them; they are in almost every interview she does. If she's sick of them, she's got enough clout to ban those types of questions from any interview.

vCash
    Her movies don't do all that well at the box office. Never understood the fascination with Jen. Agree with Joan.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I don't have anything against Jen, but she's just sort of there for me. Milquetoast. Then again, Joan does nothing for me - I don't find Joan's jokes funny at all... and her appearance with Melisaa on Celebrity Apprentice a year or two ago was all kinds of and
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I've actually had my fill of Brangelina, but Jennifer gets on my nerves mainly because she talks about the same shite in every interview. And her movies are kind of mediocre.

I like Joan Rivers most of the time. I found the recent documentary about her very interesting. Her plastic surgery is scary as hell, but she makes me laugh about 95% of the time.

vCash
    Yeah, reading one of Jen's interviews is good bedtime reading, a great soporific
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Joan Rivers can be completely heartless, no doubt about it. Anyone who has seen her on Fashion Police (or anywhere) can attest to that. But I have to agree with her on this one. I have been trying to figure out what's so special about Jen Aniston since the conception of Rachel Greene and I am still spinning my wheels.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I like Jen, but she never reinvents herself. Even her hair has been the same for about 15 years.

She was so great in The Good Girl. too bad she hasn't expanded on it.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast