Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jane Eyre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Which puts her about on par with Joan Fontaine?
    It's been so long since I've seen that version that I don't remember anything about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    She played in Defiance, as Chaya Dziencielsky who becomes the wife of Asael Bielski (played by Jamie Bell).

Spoiler

Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    My favorite version of Jane Eyre is a mini-series I saw on PBS or A&E years ago with Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke. My least favorite is probably the Orson Welles/Joan Fontaine one.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    My favorite version of Jane Eyre is a mini-series I saw on PBS or A&E years ago with Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke.
    Mine too! If only because the Soviet Ministry of Culture deemed it worthy and bought it for TV. Millions of Soviet women had crushes on Timothy Dalton.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Just got back and I'm really pleased with the adaptation. I thought it captured the spirit and feel of the book beautifully. And I thought both leads were brilliant. I might have liked to see them age Fassbender a little -- I always think of Rochester as older than that -- but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing about either of them.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    My least favorite is probably the Orson Welles/Joan Fontaine one.
    Except it did have the already incredibly lovely Elizabeth Taylor as Jane's beautiful young friend Helen at Lowood School whose curls got cut off and who died of consumption.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12