vCash

What to see Down Under?

Supposed I have two weeks off (maybe 2.5) in late Sept/early Oct and I went to Australia. Beside the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney, what else should I see on the East Coast? I don't think I would have time to see any part of Central Australia or anything on the West Coast. Thanks.

vCash
    It's been a while since I went to Australia, I loved it there.

On the east coast the Gold Coast is nice, but to me a real treat is the Sunshine Coast, especially Noosa. The Australia Zoo (the Crocodile Hunter one) is on the Sunshine Coast as well, about 45 minutes north of Brisbane, which is a nice, though not as touristy city. And I don't know what Brisbane would be like right now, considering the recent floods.

I also loved Melbourne - awesome city, and from there, the Great Ocean Road. Some amazing things to see on that trek. You can also do day tours from Melbourne to see penguins in the wild.

vCash
    Ayers Rock in the Outback
    Wildlife parks that let you hold a koala
    Snorkeling/diving in the Great Barrier Reef

vCash
    Queensland has Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and is probably the best touristy state in Australia. Sydney has the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and other than that is just a big city (the Harbour itself is quite wonderful though). Melbourne is the cultural capital of Australia, with amazing restaurants, museums, art galleries and even more amazing shopping. Adelaide (about an hours flight or so from Melbourne) is really beautiful too. Personally I don't think it's worth coming to Perth as it's just too far and we don't have much here... . If you had a month I'd say do the whole country but spend most of your time in Queensland as they have oodles of things to do. Also there is a Jnr Grand Prix in early September in Brisbane (Queensland). All this is just my humbe opinion though...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Keep up the tips! Will be in Oz late April/early May.

vCash
    I love the south east coast of NSW. Some really lovely coastline. But you would need a car to do it.

Sydney is definately worthwhile and I would highly recommend the Blue Mountains which you can get to by catching a train. If you had the chance, also go to Jenolan Caves which you probably get a bus tour from Sydney.

I also recommend Canberra because there are heaps of touristy things, including the War Memorial and Parliament House. People like to dump on Canberra but I really like it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.