Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Aaron Tveit - Enjolras (his casting will please his Broadway fans and those of us who appreciate )
    Crap. Now I'm going to have to suffer through Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonam Carter to see the fabulous Aaron Tveit. I was hoping I'd get to skip it.

vCash
    I just found out I get to direct the School Version of Les Mis - this summer for a Youth Musical Theatre! I am so excited!

vCash
    So, in the "confirmed" section, we have:
    -Hugh Jackman as JVJ
    -Russell Crowe as Javert
    -Anne Hathaway as Fantine
    -Eddie Redmayne as Marius
    -Aaron Tveit as Enjolras

In the "yet-to-have-officially-signed-on" section, we have:
    -Helena Bonham Carter as Mme. Thenardier (I read that she has yet to sign an officially negotiated contract?)
    -Sacha Baron Cohen as M. Thenardier (not that I'm not excited about that, but why was Timothy Spall never tossed around? just curious)

In the "still searching" section, we have:
    -Scarlett Johansson, Lea Michele, Taylor Swift and Evan Rachel Wood as Eponine
    -Who knows what as Cosette

And I'm SOOOOO happy for Aaron Tveit! I've been a mega-fan for years, and I'm thrilled that he's finally getting the recognition he deserves (although I really was not expecting him for Enjolras. Like, at all).

ETA: there has been absolutely no mention of Young Cosette (I'm not as concerned about Young Eponine) and Gavroche. Personally, for Gavroche, I was hoping they'd use that brilliant boy from The King's Speech. I have no idea what to say about Young Cosette. Lies, I do know what to say-cast a little girl with a great voice! That's paramount for Young Cosette.

vCash
    Lea Michele as Eponine
    Taylor Swift as Cosette IMO
    I think SJ and ERW are too old for both parts. Not that they are old, just a bit more mature than the parts call for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Further casting news:

Aaron Tveit - Enjolras (his casting will please his Broadway fans and those of us who appreciate )
    I know I'm pleased!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Lea Michele as Eponine
    Taylor Swift as Cosette IMO
    I think SJ and ERW are too old for both parts. Not that they are old, just a bit more mature than the parts call for.
    This would be really crazy, unless we get concrete proof that Taylor has the soprano to handle the role.

vCash
    Taylor Swift?? That's as bad as the JoBro being in the 25th Anniversary concert. Neither have the voice for a musical.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I actually like Taylor Swifts music, but you couldn't pay me to watch her as Cosette.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    So much word on this. I had to turn it off because I couldn't stand Nick Jonas' singing. He's not bad, but he's clearly not a musical theater singer as has been pointed out. The other cast members were singing circles around him, and it was painfully evident that he was the only one who couldn't sing his part properly.

And then they bring Michael Ball on to show Jonas how it's really done. Just no comparison. I also wasn't really moved by the girl who played Eponine in this; her emotions were slightly flat. But I loved ValJean and Javert.

I did catch the end and saw the great surprises. It made me sad that I can't afford the show when it's here this month and next in Chicago. However, I won't be running out to buy this DVD even though the majority of the performances were great.; I'll stick with my 10th Anniversary Dream Cast for that.
    Totally agree! Though Alfie Boe is beyond amazing. Even better than Colm Wilkinson. Lea Solonga as Eponine and Judy Kuhn as Cosette were brilliant!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Taylor Swift?? That's as bad as the JoBro being in the 25th Anniversary concert. Neither have the voice for a musical.
    I think that they could pull off some musicals. But not Les Mis. The voices for Fontine, Cosette, and Eponine are operatic, not pop. Joe Jonas was , he made my ears hurt!

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Taylor only has one octave that she sings in. I can't see her going into operatic notes. It's not a put down. It's just true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBgood View Post
    Taylor only has one octave that she sings in. I can't see her going into operatic notes. It's not a put down. It's just true.
    Agree. Taylor is very good at what she does. I don't think she believes she has an operatic voice. So, I don't think what you said is a put down, in any way.

vCash
    No....just, no....

BREAKING: Taylor Swift Offered Eponine In Tom Hooper's LES MISERABLES

...Twitch has now learned that Swift has emerged as Hooper's choice for the part and has received an offer for the role from producers at Universal. Should she accept she will be joining Hugh Jackman, Helena Bonham Carter, Russell Crowe, Sacha Baron Cohen and Anne Hathaway ...
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    And how about Amanda Seyfried as Cosette?

vCash
    http://collider.com/les-miserable-movie-singing/134532/

Well, considering that Tom Hooper plans to have the songs sung by the actors live during shooting rather than pre-recorded then mimed on set, I find it highly unlikely that either Taylor Swift or Amanda Seyfried can competently perform Eponine and Cosette (respectively). And I have to admit I'm impressed that Hooper's going to make the actors perform fully on camera!

Lea Michele has apparently auditioned to play Eponine, but I'm willing to bet the filming schedule for "Glee" will not allow her to take time off to work on Les Miserables starting in March... Which is sad because frankly she's probably one of the few younger musically talented actresses who could successfully play Eponine in the manner Hooper is planning.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if anne hathaway must be involved, i think she would be a better cosette than fantine
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Taylor Swift as Eponine? Guess I won't be going to see this. Took my nieces to one of her concerts last year and honestly after hearing her live, can't imagine her being able to handle the range needed for the role. Ugh!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    According to this report, she's in final negotiations:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/univ...medium=twitter

vCash
    But he doesn't mention Taylor. Interesting . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I'm okay with that - she is clasically trained and she's got a good voice.

Taylor Swift on the other hand
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast