Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'd rather watch russell play all of the parts than see anne hathaway in just one of them

i take that back, there could be some annoying overbearing girl in the back
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I wish they made this movie a long time ago so that the original london cast could just be in the damn movie LOL!!! Anyone other than Michael Ball as marius and Colm Wilkinson as Valjean is just not right

I am also a HUGE fan of Frances Ruffelle as Eponine. She actually still looks 25someohow, maybe she could do it LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I wish they made this movie a long time ago so that the original london cast could just be in the damn movie LOL!!! Anyone other than Michael Ball as marius and Colm Wilkinson as Valjean is just not right

I am also a HUGE fan of Frances Ruffelle as Eponine. She actually still looks 25someohow, maybe she could do it LOL.
    I would have loved that. But since it can't be, I'm SO thankful they picked a Valjean who could actually sing. It won't be like that vomitous travesty of a Phantom movie, where they picked an actor with a barely adequate singing voice for his hotness -- to play a character who was supposed to be ugly and have the voice of an angel.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I'm distraught that rumours I read recently said that the producers of the Toronto revival of the musical may be going after Justin Bieber for Marius. I don't think I'll feel safe about the film until we hear who's set for Marius and Cosette. They're such unlikeable characters in the musical (I'm on team Eponine!!) that I really hope the film goes with actors with substance rather than teeny-bopper singers.

It could be worse. Anne Hathaway (who I don't mind THAT much) could be Eponine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I would have loved that. But since it can't be, I'm SO thankful they picked a Valjean who could actually sing. It won't be like that vomitous travesty of a Phantom movie, where they picked an actor with a barely adequate singing voice for his hotness -- to play a character who was supposed to be ugly and have the voice of an angel.
    This!

vCash
    Crowe had a band before he became a famous actor. As a matter of fact, I think he still sings with them when he has time off.
    How good he sings, I don't know, I think the band was grunge or something like that.
    I'm not happy with him playing this part, but, they don't care what I think.
    Hey Justin playing Marius could be worse, they might have Selena Gomez play Cozette. Or Eponine. Kill me now.
    But Helena as Mrs. T. is fantastic.

vCash
    I love Hugh Jackman and his voice - esp in Oklahoma / Boy From Oz. But I think he is all wrong for this role - vocally and physically. Why not cast him in one of the other roles to sell tickets and then let Alfie Boe be Valjean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    Hey Justin playing Marius could be worse, they might have Selena Gomez play Cozette. Or Eponine. Kill me now.
    Noooooo! Don't give the casting agents any ideas! I'm now trying to decide which role they'd give her opposite Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I'm distraught that rumours I read recently said that the producers of the Toronto revival of the musical may be going after Justin Bieber for Marius. I don't think I'll feel safe about the film until we hear who's set for Marius and Cosette. They're such unlikeable characters in the musical (I'm on team Eponine!!) that I really hope the film goes with actors with substance rather than teeny-bopper singers.
    Depends on who plays them. I've liked all the Mariuses I've seen, and some of the Cosettes. (The last Cosette I saw was too fluttery, though.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    maybe Lady Gaga could be Eponine LOL

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Bieber as Marius?

Someone just kill me now too. In fact, if that actually happened, we could hear of mass suicide happening in Canada.

Happy they got Hugh for Valjean. At least we've got a lead who is a big name and who can actually honest to God sing!!

vCash
    Bite your tongue
    I don't want to even think about that!

vCash
    Now that I think about it, Lady Gaga may not be bad as the female Master of the House.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Bieber as Marius?

Someone just kill me now too. In fact, if that actually happened, we could hear of mass suicide happening in Canada.
    Eddie Redmayne has been cast as Marius, so don't do anything rash.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/eddi...medium=twitter

vCash
    ^^^Thanks for the news!!

Now I just hope I get a chance to get to Toronto to actually see it this time around. Never did make it down for the Original Toronto run, nor for the last time it was in Toronto sadly.

Fingers crossed third time will be the charm!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    ^^^Thanks for the news!! Now I just hope I get a chance to get to Toronto to actually see it this time around. Never did make it down for the Original Toronto run, nor for the last time it was in Toronto sadly. Fingers crossed third time will be the charm!!
    \

The article says he was cast in the film -not the Canadian touring production.

That he is an award winning theatre actor and was in youth musical theatre is promising. But can he sing well enough for Marius?

vCash
    Damn!! First you get up my hopes and then you dash them again!!!

That article never did come up for me, so was assuming it was for the Cdn production.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she is so plucky, she just might unionize those factory girls

vCash
    Hugh is on Anderson Cooper's show today. I'm watching it right now on Atlantic CTV and he's a hoot and a half. In fact, Anderson's allowing him to take over the show for a bit, as Hugh's always wanted to host a Talk Show.

One important thing though...Hugh and a friend have gotten together to do something much like the Newman's Own products and he now has his own coffee out that's grown from areas like Ethiopia and Indonesia that could really use the help. All of the proceeds go to helping out the causes that Hugh has decided they're going to, so if you find his coffee out there...

Anyway, just letting my fellow Hugh fans out there know. It really is hysterical.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Further casting news:

Aaron Tveit - Enjolras (his casting will please his Broadway fans and those of us who appreciate )

Sacha Baron Cohen - Thenardier

Les Miserables is scheduled to start filming in March 2012 in London.
    http://www.broadway.com/buzz/158912/...serables-film/

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast