Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 333
  1. #261

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,715
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=blzqRut0g0A I never saw this posted before, but apparently Cameron Macintosh broke the news to Samantha that she was playing Eponine after a show of Oliver. Her reaction is so cute, lol.

  2. #262
    SHERLOCKED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    767
    Rep Power
    20
    So according to the extended first look video, they are definitely singing live! And it seems as though it will sound great and really enhance the whole production. I get more and more excited with everything I see about the film. Also, has everyone seen the first poster and first tv promo spot which came out this week? Such a brilliant idea to reproduce the essence of the Cosette theatrical poster. Can't wait 'til December 25th.

    Oops, The Hobbit is December 14; another film that has taken years to get made. I can't believe that the two of them are coming out within 11 days of each other. I've probably never looked forward to any film in my life as much as these ones. When I saw Les Misérables at the Royal Alexandra Theatre in the early 90s, there was a page in the program that said "soon to be a major motion picture" and I was dying for it to come out back then!
    Last edited by sk8sue; 09-28-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: date change

  3. #263

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    I. CANNOT. WAIT. (I may have to ditch my family on Dec 25 to go to see this!)

  4. #264

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,715
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    So according to the extended first look video, they are definitely singing live! And it seems as though it will sound great and really enhance the whole production. I get more and more excited with everything I see about the film. Also, has everyone seen the first poster and first tv promo spot which came out this week? Such a brilliant idea to reproduce the essence of the Cosette theatrical poster. Can't wait 'til December 25th.

    Oops, The Hobbit is December 14; another film that has taken years to get made. I can't believe that the two of them are coming out within 11 days of each other. I've probably never looked forward to any film in my life as much as these ones. When I saw Les Misérables at the Royal Alexandra Theatre in the early 90s, there was a page in the program that said "soon to be a major motion picture" and I was dying for it to come out back then!
    Well, originally the Hobbit and Les Mis was scheduled to come out on the same day, so having them come out 11 days apart is actually good.

    Totally going to see this, maybe even the midnight showing if the theaters are even open. At least I know I'm off work on Christmas so I get to see it!

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,283
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Looking great so far. I might actually agree to going to my sister's this year for Christmas if there's a chance of going to see Les Mis.

    (Don't ask....)

  6. #266
    SHERLOCKED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    767
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Well, originally the Hobbit and Les Mis was scheduled to come out on the same day, so having them come out 11 days apart is actually good.

    Totally going to see this, maybe even the midnight showing if the theaters are even open. At least I know I'm off work on Christmas so I get to see it!
    Oh, I'm not complaining. I meant that in a good way.
    Can't stop watching the trailers for both movies every day now.
    Last edited by sk8sue; 09-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.

  7. #267
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,543
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866
    I saw the long-form promo for the movie last night (before Pitch Perfect, they sure knew their audience!) Hugh Jackman and Anne explaining what they can accomplish by singing live on-camera was just mesmerizing and the whole movie looks incredibly good. I started to cry listening to Anne sing "I Dreamed a Dream" -- and that was just the promo.

    I think this is going to be wonderful.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,222
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I saw the long-form promo for the movie last night (before Pitch Perfect, they sure knew their audience!) Hugh Jackman and Anne explaining what they can accomplish by singing live on-camera was just mesmerizing and the whole movie looks incredibly good. I started to cry listening to Anne sing "I Dreamed a Dream" -- and that was just the promo.

    I think this is going to be wonderful.
    I saw it too. I am a little worried about Amanda Seyfried. She has a lovely voice, but it's weak (no power). And we still have to see how Russell Crowe sounds. Javert is a very important voice, I hope he's up to it.

  9. #269

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    Yikes, that extended promo didn't foster any confidence. Looks like a beautifully made movie, but the singing may not be up to it.

    I find what Anne Hathaway said incredibly offensive. It is not "selfish" to sing the song in a pretty way nor does it fail to capture "the truth" of the song. The great musical theater actresses have captured Fantine's struggles AND sounded beautiful.

    Amanda Seyfried sounds like a actress in a high school or local theater production.

    No clips of Russell Crowe singing. I worry that his singing may have been disastrous, and they're desperately trying to post-process it.

  10. #270
    Reality TV's Bytch
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    1,838
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    No clips of Russell Crowe singing. I worry that his singing may have been disastrous, and they're desperately trying to post-process it.
    Or they want to wow everyone with how phenomenal he sounds.

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just by having Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway means this will have better singing than Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera. Gerry Butler and Emmy Rossum were a joke. I could have sung Emmy's part better, and I'm a second alto. I can also hit some of the low notes for the opera managers, Firmin and Andre, better than they did!

    I recently saw a YouTube vid of Antonio Banderas singing POTO live with Sarah Brightman and OMG he was sooo much better than Gerry Butler! Besides, I would let Banderas sex me anytime.

  12. #272

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,104
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    466
    Today is Les Miserables' 27th anniversary.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    So according to the extended first look video, they are definitely singing live! And it seems as though it will sound great and really enhance the whole production. I get more and more excited with everything I see about the film. Also, has everyone seen the first poster and first tv promo spot which came out this week? Such a brilliant idea to reproduce the essence of the Cosette theatrical poster. Can't wait 'til December 25th.

    Oops, The Hobbit is December 14; another film that has taken years to get made. I can't believe that the two of them are coming out within 11 days of each other. I've probably never looked forward to any film in my life as much as these ones. When I saw Les Misérables at the Royal Alexandra Theatre in the early 90s, there was a page in the program that said "soon to be a major motion picture" and I was dying for it to come out back then!
    LOL the first time I saw it was in Washington DC in 1989, and I also remember the page in the program that said "In 1990 She will be Coming to Cinema"

    I wonder what happened.

    I somehow wish there could have been a movie version with Colm Wilkinson, Michael Ball, and Frances Ruffelle.

    Anywhoo-I have like a regular question that I am dying for anyone who can to answer...

    Why the hell was David Bryant cast as Marius for the OBC? WHY??? How can you go from Michael Ball to him?? he is awful. And I googled him and he was around 50 years old playing Marius. There is like nothing really out there on the internet about him. Does anyone have any knowledge? Was he like someone's brother or something?

    Also I have always wanted to see Frances Ruffelle win the Tony but there does not seem to be anything on youtube or anywhere else where I can find this telecast. Anyone know if it exists?

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Yikes, that extended promo didn't foster any confidence. Looks like a beautifully made movie, but the singing may not be up to it.

    I find what Anne Hathaway said incredibly offensive. It is not "selfish" to sing the song in a pretty way nor does it fail to capture "the truth" of the song. The great musical theater actresses have captured Fantine's struggles AND sounded beautiful.

    Amanda Seyfried sounds like a actress in a high school or local theater production.

    No clips of Russell Crowe singing. I worry that his singing may have been disastrous, and they're desperately trying to post-process it.
    She does, but besides the OLC and the OBC recordings I have heard, I saw Les Miz about 5 times live and Cossette was always very underwhelming. every single one of them sounded like Tracy Shane who is on the Symphonic Recording. I think she is horrendous.

    As for what Anne said-I guess that is just her interpretation of the role. I she wants Fantine's pain to not be overshadowed by the big money note. or...she cannot hit the big money note and is blowing smoke under everyone's ass LOL.

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,222
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^ I think Judy Kuhn's Cosette, in the 10th Anniversary production was brilliant.

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    ^^ I think Judy Kuhn's Cosette, in the 10th Anniversary production was brilliant.
    Yes I should have clarified when I said OLC and OBC, I meant Rebecca Cain and Judy Kuhn whenever they perfomr Cossette LOL.

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I find what Anne Hathaway said incredibly offensive. It is not "selfish" to sing the song in a pretty way nor does it fail to capture "the truth" of the song. The great musical theater actresses have captured Fantine's struggles AND sounded beautiful.
    I think Ann was speaking only for herself and how she approached the role. I'm sure there will be people putting down some of the singing choices made by the actors for the film, but you'll have to see it from a cinematic viewpoint and not judge it solely on the singing parts.

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    635
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I get a lump in my throat and pain in my heart when I hear Anne sing that song. I'm really surprised by it.

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    635
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Just by having Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway means this will have better singing than Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera. Gerry Butler and Emmy Rossum were a joke. I could have sung Emmy's part better, and I'm a second alto. I can also hit some of the low notes for the opera managers, Firmin and Andre, better than they did!
    It may not have been the best vocal version of the tpoto, but it still captivates me. I'm in love with Patrick Wilson's voice. I melt. lol
    The Masquerade scene is my favorite. I prefer it to the stage set up.

  20. #280

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    New trailer is out. Looks like a beautiful movie with some great singing (Samantha Barks) and some cringe-worthy singing as well (Russell Crowe). Javert's line in One Day More is one of the easiest lines to sing. If that's all he can do in One Day More, what is Stars going to be like?!?!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •