Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    John Rich impresses me, smart guy, and seems to get the social part. Busey, has issues, I feel for him, but his crazy is on/off. feel for rest of team.
    Hatch - seems to have toned it down.
    Lil John - I like him, another smart one, but be careful with Busey.
    Jose - a waste of space, as with Dionne - both please leave my screen.
    Niki - took respnsibility which is commendable. I like Marlee, she just seems like a nice person, and luv how she helped Gary.
    Nene seems to have some abilities, but lets others get to her.
    Star was trying to behave, but if Niki said one word about her, all bets were off.
    Hope - a dumb bunny, hee hee. too funny that her and Niki could not figure out the century. But Hope does speak.
    I have watched all the Apprentices, and this was one of the easiest tasks ever, in that it was less stress/time wise. Shopping/accessories, turf/trees, signage and presenting.
    Gary's accident - I do remember back when it happened - over 20 years ago, wow.
    I don't like Trump, but his kids do impress.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Good grief, was there ANY question the guys would win? I swear a good 10 minutes of this episode was spent with someone (mostly McGrath) saying the men's team was certain to lose, so of course they were completely safe.

The guys really did have this one all over, though. The outside setting (trees/shrubs), the visible signage, and the song? brill. Even having the human tank Conseco tossing a ball out front was smart. The ladies did a great job of decorating the insides, but honestly? If you're selling camping, you need to pay at least a little attention to the outdoors. But I'm shocked at how well LaToya did as a salesperson. She totally could be a spokesperson because she not only knew her shit but made it sound cool too.

I wonder if Dionne Warwick is going to fire her agent or whoever got her into this gig, because all we're learning about her is that she is a crotchety, mean old bitch. I mean, Star can tear someone apart, but she's clearly playing the game and is rather sharp. Dionne is just a jerk for no reason. And I am loving NeNe Leakes. I've never watched any of those Housewives shows but she cracks me up.

Niki taking responsibility for the task failing means we wuzrobbed of hearing about how she was still saying "Twentieth Century Experience" during the actual demo.

God I really hate Conseco. I wish Trump had not continuously cut of John Rich so we could have heard that the reason Rich picked up that generator was because ol' Twitchy Face (god what is with that, it freaks me out) was too lazy to do it during the hours he was at the site taking naps. at least Ivanka called him out for not jumping up and kissing her ass when she came to see how they were doing, but they all accepted his "5 minute break" excuse too easily, sigh.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I wonder if Dionne Warwick is going to fire her agent or whoever got her into this gig, because all we're learning about her is that she is a crotchety, mean old bitch. I mean, Star can tear someone apart, but she's clearly playing the game and is rather sharp. Dionne is just a jerk for no reason. And I am loving NeNe Leakes. I've never watched any of those Housewives shows but she cracks me up.
    I'm sure her agent knows exactly how much of a crotchety, mean old bitch she is, and was more than happy to sign her up for this thing so everyone could see the real Dionne.

Sad thing is, she probably is seeing herself in this show and not getting it one bit, thinking she is still in the right with everything and everyone else around her is wrong.

vCash
    Is the color on my bf's tv off, or is everyone on this show a different shade of ORANGE.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    NeNe cracks me up too. I'd gravitate toward her if I were on her team. She doesn't strike me as a backstabber or bitch....not so far, anyway.

I'd forgotten how horrible Niki Taylor's auto accident was until she mentioned all the blood she needed. Combined with her younger sister dying in front of her, I can see why she wouldn't get bent out of shape losing a task on the Apprentice.

And John Rich is still looking good to me for the finals. Mark McGrath seems petty.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just jumping in on NeNe - I've seen enough of the RHOA to tell you that she's the sanest, most grounded woman of the bunch. She has her over the top moments (it's Real Housewives after all), but also quite a few serious moments from finding out who her real father was to dealing with her marriage and good-for-nothing son. She strikes me as smart and resilient - I'd be rooting for her.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Is the color on my bf's tv off, or is everyone on this show a different shade of ORANGE.
    They are just reflecting the glow off of Trump.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Just jumping in on NeNe - I've seen enough of the RHOA to tell you that she's the sanest, most grounded woman of the bunch. She has her over the top moments (it's Real Housewives after all), but also quite a few serious moments from finding out who her real father was to dealing with her marriage and good-for-nothing son. She strikes me as smart and resilient - I'd be rooting for her.
    I agree with all that but the one thing I don't like about NeNe is that she's a shouter. When she blows she is up in your face, waving her fingers and shouting you down. I HATE people who argue like that, it's exhausting to listen to and so futile.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Well, NeNe is being saved for the last. Now if anyone can bring the Joan Rivers' size explosive drama, it's NeNe. And in a good way. Based on early previews it's going to be Star vs. NeNe showdown in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    When she blows she is up in your face, waving her fingers and shouting you down. I HATE people who argue like that, it's exhausting to listen to and so futile.
    Exactly. There IS no arguing with her, because she shouts and never lets the other person get a word in. One day she's going to get in the face of the wrong person.

vCash
    Well, I'm glad that y'all are now joining me in the Finger Waggin' Realness Givin' Nene Bandwagon! Took you a couple of episides, though. But, yeh, Nene is likely the sanest, but still somehow genuinely funny "Real" Housewife of all the :runsaway: editions. ( I've only seen the RH shows in snippets.)

I wanted the boys to win (for Busey's sake, and because it was clearly deserved) ... followed by a twist where - vice a girl - Conseco was fired for being a lazy, unrepentently worthless pile of grouch.

Oh well, maybe next week. For sustained sake, I'd like to see Jose fired, then the centerfold. Dionne's full-on anger and passive-agressiveness is hard to watch, but witnessing her wreck her image is intriguingly must-see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Well, I'm glad that y'all are now joining me in the Finger Waggin' Realness Givin' Nene Bandwagon! Took you a couple of episides, though.
    I believe I've mentioned her in all my recaps

Loved when John Rich said that he's learned Mark McGrath is a kind of panicky I mean, while he was all freaking because Gary and jose were sitting around, he sure didn't get that generator out, did he? He was too concerned about videotaping the leisure activities in case he needed evidence in the boardroom (oh, why do I think that will come up again?).

That's right, we have seen a preview of a meltdown between Star and Nene - and really, can't think of anyone else who would be able to blast back at Star and not let her faze them

John Rich is looking great for the finale
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Dionne's full-on anger and passive-agressiveness is hard to watch, but witnessing her wreck her image is intriguingly must-see.
    The psychic network did that!

I watched the show for the first time last night, and she didn't seem too bad to me. But I do think Nicki (yes, SO gorgeous as someone said earlier) hit the nail on the head--an older woman who for years has been a one-woman show, and who is now set in her ways and finds it impossible to be a team player or to listen to anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I believe I've mentioned her in all my recaps
    That was you? I thought it was me. (Adopting the Busey cluelessness approach for reading FSU.)

That's right, we have seen a preview of a meltdown between Star and Nene - and really, can't think of anyone else who would be able to blast back at Star and not let her faze them
    Looking forward!

John Rich is looking great for the finale
    Definitely the top dog so far. I think the #2-#5 favorites are Meatloaf, Marlee, maybe Lil Jon, and, unfortunately, Star. In whatever order. Mark's nervous energy will burn him out, eventually, and Hatch's ego will be his end. The rest are probably overmatched in terms of project management and teamship.

I hope that Rich will reconsider that Hatch was playing devil's advocate, re: perceptions about country music. I'm no fan of Hatch-as-person, but Hatch-as-game-player is a force. Listen to him for a while, and then enjoy outlasting him when Trump has had his Hatch fill.

vCash
    yeah, I really thought Hatch was on the same side of the argument as John Rich, and was trying to extrapolate what Jose had said (Jose was the one who was all country audience), but JR kept cutting him off. There's a lot of that going on this season - no one can get a word in edgewise!

And even though Star is being a jerk most of the time, she does look like a likely candidate for finals. She's certainly savvy enough to get there, and the explosion potential is too good to ignore.

I think Marlee being a PM will make or break her.

vCash
    I thought Dionne was just being very direct and straight to the point with Nicki when they had their big controversy. Women who don't mess around talking around the subject and being fakey sweet but rather get to the point and go on are often unfairly considered aggressive and bitchy. McGrath and a few others were just as direct with Busey about things and no one is accusing them of being jackasses.

As for Canseco...he's great comic relief. And Busey can't catch a baseball, LOL.

I was an A's fan back in the day and he has always been twitchy. I always thought it was nerves in the batters box. Apparently not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I thought Dionne was just being very direct and straight to the point with Nicki when they had their big controversy. Women who don't mess around talking around the subject and being fakey sweet but rather get to the point and go on are often unfairly considered aggressive and bitchy.
    If Dionne's only offense was mouthing off to Nicki, I'd be fine with it. But it is a pattern with her, as was her complaining to Star and calling Nicki a "hussy." If you have to start name calling to make your point, your argument was weak in the first place.

Her treatment of Marlee and the way she presents herself is not doing any favors. There is a difference between assertive and aggressive. Dionne's leaning on the aggressive side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I thought Dionne was just being very direct and straight to the point with Nicki when they had their big controversy. Women who don't mess around talking around the subject and being fakey sweet but rather get to the point and go on are often unfairly considered aggressive and bitchy. McGrath and a few others were just as direct with Busey about things and no one is accusing them of being jackasses.
    Dionne was being passive aggressive, and her approach was far far far from not messing around or "straight to the point". Direct? It took the ol' girl a long while - and a lot of negative body language - to get to her point.

And even if one interpreted that as "direct and straight," Dionne was still undeniably there in attack mode versus there to clarify things for the betterment of the team.

As for McGrath, people are definitely noticing (and posting on this thread about) his two-faced approach.

vCash
    Also, Dionne made a point to come and make a complaint to the PM while PM was in the middle of dealing with customers. Airing internal problems in front of customers is never the right thing to do, and is certainly not being "very direct" or "straight to the point". It's sabotage.

plus at the end I got the impression the only reason Dionne brought it up at all is that she didn't like the Playboy model (Hope?) and wanted her out of Miss Dionne's trailer.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    However, if Dionne decided to direct her .... irritation ..... at Donald "your lips look better" Trump, in the boardroom, say the night she was fired (if she was), I suspect she'll rehabilitate her reputation somewhat.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast