Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    vCash
    Hoping for Marlee too, but it looks like John has this.

vCash
    I'm rooting for Marlee; she's my all time favorite actress.

vCash
    So John wins.

Well, the good news is that they each raised over $1 million for their respective charities. That is terrific. Well done to both of them!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I would have been happy for either finalist, but think John deserved the win. He did an overall better job.

vCash
    Well my record stands. Apologizes in advance to Kirstie Alley, the Vancouver Canucks and belated ones to Sasha

vCash
    Was hoping for Marlee, but John is a deserving winner. While Marlee is not that great at delegating, she impressed me with her ability to stay out of the fray of emotional and dramatic entertainers and reality personalities. I also cringed at her reliance on Meatloaf.

With John, he pulled the best out of the other celebs and seemed to be determined in ways that didn't come across in Marlee. My major complaint with him is probably one of the things Trump preferred about him. His competitive nature brought out some statements that I found rude and not all that necessary. In arguing for his place (and this goes for Marlee too), I appreciate his dedication to his charity. However, the worthiness of his charity is not a factor for his winning a show like this in my opinion. To say his charity is better because it saves lives doesn't seem like a good argument to me. I'm not knocking his charity. I just think that his argument would be better placed in touting his own accomplishments rather than comparing charitable mission statements.

However, Trump is not one for politically correct language or behavior. Congrats to John Rich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    In arguing for his place (and this goes for Marlee too), I appreciate his dedication to his charity. However, the worthiness of his charity is not a factor for his winning a show like this in my opinion. To say his charity is better because it saves lives doesn't seem like a good argument to me. I'm not knocking his charity. I just think that his argument would be better placed in touting his own accomplishments rather than comparing charitable mission statements.
    Totally agree with this; it was not at all necessary for him to go there.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I'm very pleased that John Rich is the new Celebrity Apprentice. ITA with whoever it was that said Marlee had the best week but John had the best season. He totally deserved the win.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Wow, both Marlee and John's events looked pretty darn good. Too bad about the Def Leppard mishap, but it still looked like a lot of fun.
    I wasn't watching. Can you explain what happened? I saw the commercial where they announce Def Leppard and then ....... nothing. What happened?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Before announcing the winner, Trump said, "I'm going to do something I've never done before". Then there was the reality TV pause before Trump declared John Rich the winner and then the show ended. So what was it that Trump never did before??

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I wasn't watching. Can you explain what happened? I saw the commercial where they announce Def Leppard and then ....... nothing. What happened?
    Def Leppard's start time was 7pm and John Rich finished his presentation at 6:40, introduced Def Leppard and...nothing happened. Not sure why JR started his (short) presentation when Def Leppard were not even in the building...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I'm glad John Rich won. He really deserved it, he was consistently great throughout the season. Marlee, on the other hand, I feel never quite lived up to the "project manager" title. I mean, in that last task (and her previous one) Meatloaf totally took over. I was surprised that wasn't brought up again at the final boardroom.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Before announcing the winner, Trump said, "I'm going to do something I've never done before". Then there was the reality TV pause before Trump declared John Rich the winner and then the show ended. So what was it that Trump never did before??
    I noticed that as well and I couldn't figure it out. Could it have been that he said that John was the winner and never said Marlee was fired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I noticed that as well and I couldn't figure it out. Could it have been that he said that John was the winner and never said Marlee was fired?
    I believe it was that he didn't fire Marlee. It wasn't as exciting as he was letting on, as what does it really mean that she wasn't fired. She didn't win. She still lost. She just didn't have him staring at her and saying she was fired.

vCash
    Yep, tweet from Don the son:

4 those asking the thing that was different was he just announced his winner. Didn't hire one and fire the other.

vCash
    Did Donald ever say which campaign the 7-up execs liked best? He gave pros/cons on each but never gave a verdict. Could have been important to the final hiring.

I also thought he said the commercials would be run again following the end of the show. In my area, they did not.

Blergh
    vCash
    I thought John Rich was sort of overrated. His 7-Up task was far below Matlin's, IMO, but it seemed like the 7-Up final task was sort of ignored which gave Rich the advantage over Matlin. I mean the only hiccup Matlin had was that she trusted Meatloaf's creativity, but maybe she felt like she had to because she couldn't actually hear how the commercial sounded.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    4 those asking the thing that was different was he just announced his winner. Didn't hire one and fire the other.
    Trump made it sound like he was going to do something really momentous, like like declare them co-winners, or something. Though after the Season Four finale debacle, I don't suppose he'll try that again, lol.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Interesting that the article slams Randal for making the decision he did. While I thought both Randal and Rebecca were worthy candidates and I would have supported hiring both, it was despicable for Trump to ask Randal to share the crown, as it were. Randal was right - there is only supposed to be one winner. Of course it's Trump's right to change the rules, but if that';s what he wanted he should have come out and said it was a tie. To name someone the winner and then ask them to share was tacky x 11.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Interesting that the article slams Randal for making the decision he did. While I thought both Randal and Rebecca were worthy candidates and I would have supported hiring both, it was despicable for Trump to ask Randal to share the crown, as it were. Randal was right - there is only supposed to be one winner. Of course it's Trump's right to change the rules, but if that';s what he wanted he should have come out and said it was a tie. To name someone the winner and then ask them to share was tacky x 11.
    I agree, although it did produce one of the best lines ever on that show: "It's not the Apprenti, it's the Apprentice."
    Last edited by Cheylana; 05-23-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: fixed the quote

vCash
    Randal sucked in his season (although Stefani was worse), hiring him was Trump trying to be PC (IMHO).

I was rooting for Marlee because I do not like John Rich's attitude and demeanor in general. He can get very unnecessarily defensive and the way he put down Marlee's charity was very off putting. However I do agree he did a better job overall, raising money on the last task was brilliant!

Hate Trump, but enjoy the show for the train wreck that the show is, a total guilty pleasure . Although there was a brief moment he did warm up to me, and that was when he announced that both Ivanka and Don were expecting more babies.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast