Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Gary's timing when he said "sexual" was weird because the female exec had just said, "children use it", and then Gary said, "it's sexual". His timing was strange to say the least, and obvious he wasn't listening to what she just said.
    I wonder if that was editing, because none of the guys brought it up, and I think if Busey had truly said that right after the comment about children, it would have been an even bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    If the men had less regard for the client's logo and had put Gary in the bear suit with a pirate costume wearing a sash that said, "Live the Gold Life, Matey!” I think the client would have been very happy with the "new" approach and Gary's mouth would have been better controlled.
    And if LaToya had but Hope in a bikini, there would likely have been no complaints about the way her team interacted with the crowd. Turns out brand identity was more important to this client than crowd interaction, and the men made the bigger mistake. That's not luck.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I think LaToya just plain got lucky.
    First, the men got slagged for what Busey said in both instances - the sexual comment and pitching himself as their spokesperson.
    She listened to what was said to her and then added the idea of a winter scene.
    However, she had a failure to communicate her ideas and what she wanted done in the tasks she assigned.
    If not for the mistakes of Gary , I think the men might have pulled it out, even if they did think outside the box. I actually thought it was a decent idea and more original than the "sun" and gold people idea.
    Oh yeah, I would hope that those still left will remember that once they are PM they should never, never, never say "If we lose, then I should be the one going" or anything along those lines. It will almost always get you fired regardless.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Turns out brand identity was more important to this client than crowd interaction, and the men made the bigger mistake. That's not luck.
    The most crucial factor in winning tasks is following the instructions/wishes of the client.
    The ladies did a better job of that; so, they won - even if some found their take less interesting than what the men did.
    Many established brands are afraid of too much "creativity" for these "promotions".

I agree with NeNe. LaToya wasn't impressive as a PM; for the reasons that professordeb stated.
    However she did well in the Boardroom - where it matters,

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    During a commercial break, there was an ad for the next installment of POTC opening in May. I remember it because I was surprised to see Penelope Cruz was in it.

Weird? Coincidence? At any rate, it drove home that a pirate theme can't be considered particularly original, right now, at least.

vCash
    For some reason, I hate Meatloaf the most, especially for that insane tirade he had the other episode when he misplaced his own painting supplies and blew up at Gary for no reason. Yes, Gary has lost his marbles, but he's had a traumatic brain injury. What's Meatloaf's excuse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveemoticons View Post
    For some reason, I hate Meatloaf the most, especially for that insane tirade he had the other episode when he misplaced his own painting supplies and blew up at Gary for no reason. Yes, Gary has lost his marbles, but he's had a traumatic brain injury. What's Meatloaf's excuse?
    Meat Loaf was involved in a near fatal car crash. The car rolled over and it's possible he suffered a brain injury. I wasn't able to find details. He did suffer a brain injury when he was hit in the head with a shot put during a competition. He has other medical problems, including a heart condition and diabetes. Any one of these things can cause/contribute to anger management issues.

Just because he doesn't go on and about his medical history like Gary does, doesn't mean he doesn't have reasons for his behaviour. And Gary was a lunatic BEFORE his motorcycle accident. Long term drug and alcohol abuse will do that for you. He seems to be much calmer and saner than he did before the accident.

Blergh
    vCash
    I'm not surprised that Gary Busey is still on this show. He makes for great drama.

Anyway, I was disgusted with the things Nene was saying to LaToya. I don't know if it was editing for what, but I'm shocked that none of the women took her to task. Whatever you think of her job as Project Manager, Nene went way over-the-line with her personal insults making fun of her appearance and talking about using her family name. I don't know how anybody could defend Nene as a person after her meltdown. LaToya handled the situation very well and she's absolutely right about NeNe. She's nothing but a bully and didn't like that she was called out in the boardroom.

I wasn't impressed with the Men's idea at all. The women were boring, but I sort of liked the summer/winter theme. Too bad LaToya didn't think of it a day earlier as it could have been executed better, but as it was, it worked.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 04-12-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I have to admit I've always thought of LaToya as mindless, spineless and talentless (yet I've still liked her for some reason)! I still don't think she's one of the top contenders, but I think maybe pretty much the whole world has underestimated her and now we have to admit there is more to her than pretty much all of us ever thought. Perhaps instead of being a wallflower, she is actually a Steel Magnolia.
    She seems incredibly sweet and diplomatic, and very centered as well, a terrible leader, came across as indecisive and non-creative - unless the team was directly undermining her, which may have been part of it.

I love Nene's directness, though the Casper comment was a pushing it a bit I love Starr too.

And I actually think either of those women and perhaps even Marlee or LaToya would manage Gary better than the guys have done. The men's team has this 'we're great buddies' theme and a typical male style of leadership, and I think a different style might work better for Gary. He could have been gently interrupted when he took over the spokesman role and steered away. Even better, after his earlier blunder he should have been assigned a post which gave him good distance from the execs.

And since Gary is not given any real responsibility, it is hard to fire him. There was more of an opening to do so last week but Marlee prevented that from happened, which so far looks to be a smart move. As he's the worst liability of everyone, it's better for the women's team at this point that he stays.

vCash
    I'm guessing Trump will mix up the teams next week anyway.

vCash
    Meat Loaf was involved in a near fatal car crash. The car rolled over and it's possible he suffered a brain injury. I wasn't able to find details. He did suffer a brain injury when he was hit in the head with a shot put during a competition. He has other medical problems, including a heart condition and diabetes. Any one of these things can cause/contribute to anger management issues.

Just because he doesn't go on and about his medical history like Gary does, doesn't mean he doesn't have reasons for his behaviour. And Gary was a lunatic BEFORE his motorcycle accident. Long term drug and alcohol abuse will do that for you. He seems to be much calmer and saner than he did before the accident.
    I actually don't think Meatloaf has an anger management problem, because clearly he doesn't go off on anyone else, including others like Jose who have not exactly been productive, so I just think he's a blowhard. Working with Gary must be annoying to no end, but other people find ways to deal with it that don't involve randomly going ballistic and getting to the verge of physical violence for something that was ultimately his own fault.

vCash
    Meat Loaf told The Donald that he had been through anger management training and I doubt he would say such a thing if it wasn't true. He may be better than he once was, but Gary somehow sets him off.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Am I the only one who saw Meat Loaf's outburst as an audition piece? He's been acting since the 70's and his last major film role was 1999's "Fight Club". Every time they previewed Meat's blow-up, I always thought, "wow, he really is desperate for more movie roles..."
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Gary is Project Manager this week. I can't wait. Perhaps when he blows it, The Donald will fire him.

vCash
    Liking LaToya more and more but she still sucks as a PM.

Nothing else I can say that will add to what's already been said, except the Men's team's constant chant in unison sort of annoys me. From that "123 ABC" thing to this week's "Arg Pirate's Gold GOLD GOOOOOOOOOLD"... they are really cheesy.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    So Hope didn't exactly lie that she's a meat eater, she just said she's from Texas. Hmmm.....

I just noticed she's very pretty.

Omaha steaks are a joke, they're frozen.

vCash
    wow Hope is talking this week!
    softball

vCash
    So different cuts of steak are "flavors". Wow. I learn something new from Gary Busey every week.

vCash
    I'm kind of getting sick of Nene's big mouth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    wow Hope is talking this week!
    And while talking she had the nerve to say Latoya was the weakest link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I'm kind of getting sick of Nene's big mouth
    I was just wondering if she ever does anything besides complaining and criticizing. Has she been PM yet?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast