Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Well it won't be Star because we still haven't seen our Star-NeNe show down. Lisa sucked but I'm guessing Dionne is going because we can still get some drama with Lisa and Star. Can't see them editing in Dionne's rather ugly character and letting her stay over Lisa.

Having said that I expected a lot more from Lisa after the way she acted last week.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is this really serious business Star? the winner is the person with the most friends who are willing to pay $50,000 for a hot dog
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Looks like I was wrong. I think Lisa sucked but Dionne is just nasty.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Lisa sucks at the boardroom the way Amanda sucks at tribal council

Dionne should be going home for being mean and useless
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Lisa has no fight. How does she negotiate her show biz contracts?

vCash
    I do not like Dionne or Starr, ugh, more of them? Lisa had a good head on her shoulders but backed off of real street fighting with those two, she should have battled it out.

vCash
    Oh next week should be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post

Dionne should be going home for being mean and useless

She makes me want to slap the smirk off her face.

That would make me mean and useful.

vCash
    Can't say I disagree with letting Lisa go, but Dionne has a long way to go before I would trust her on the team. Starr's personality speaks for itself. She is a game player, but her tactics are obvious and I'm hoping one of the remaining women can beat her at that game. Her legal tactics of questioning would be intimidating in the board room. So that means two or more have to stand up against her. I'm not sure who that will be in the end, other than Nene and possibly Marlee. The other women aren't looking strong enough.

Dionne is just being bitchy. There is no strategy to it. She's just mean. I loved Marlee's line about having been told that Dionne is a legend and reminding Trump that she is deaf and not familiar with Dionne's music. I smiled at that.

In my opinion, Lisa messed up by bringing them both in the board room. She was not going to win against Starr this early on in the game. The smarter thing to do would have been to have fought against Dionne and made it about the theme being the reason they lost. She could have used Marlee's dislike and experience instead of bringing in two people who were against her. If she had fought to the best of her abilities with both Starr and Dionne in the room, she was still splitting her argument between them and having to be defensive about her own lack of control. Bringing in only one of the two would mean that she would have been able to just argue against the one. Trump would have been surprised by it, but she could get Marlee's support before Trump sent her out of the room to focus on Lisa and Dionne. It might not have saved her, but she would have stood a better chance.
    Last edited by ArtisticFan; 03-14-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Lisa and David Cassidy both lost it in the Boardroom. They didn't fight nearly hard enough.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Oh next week should be interesting.

I laughed when I saw that it was centered around Camping World. My parents practically live that that store.

If there's a pattern in this show, its that Trump hates anyone he perceives as a wimp. So the strategy if you want to win is to be as self-aggrandizing as possible.

vCash
    I feel bad for Lisa but she handled the boardroom terribly.

Trump outdid himself in the boardroom when "complimenting" her on how much better she looked now that her lips were more normal.

Dionne+Star = evil bitches.

A total LOL moment when Trump asks Marlee how she doesn't know Dionne Warwick is a music legend. Her response? I'M DEAF!

vCash
    I haven't seen this show in a long time, but caught some of it tonight.

I can't imagine why anyone ever would hire Star Jones. I can't imagine anyone every being willing to work for her or with her. She's obnoxious and arrogant, and not even particularly talented.

Dionne is almost as obnoxious, and useless.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Sigh. During the challenge it seemed clear the men would win. Partially because of editing, but also the guys had way more creativity in their story and presentation. Getting the kids involved in the singalong probably sealed it, even if some of the kids looked terrified at having glitter thrown on them by a couple of drag queens.

I had hope during the board room that Dionne would go, but Lisa was abysmal in defending herself, and even when Marlee spoke up, she made it personal instead of pointing out that Dionne was completely ignorant during the story brainstorming.

Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    And it's probably pointless to even mention how Trump just cements himself as a complete sexist asshole with his comment on Lisa's lips.
    I could not believe that (then again, I totally could, sigh). Mr Trump? Following up with "I probably should not have said that" does not make it ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    In my opinion, Lisa messed up by bringing them both in the board room. She was not going to win against Starr this early on in the game. The smarter thing to do would have been to have fought against Dionne and made it about the theme being the reason they lost. She could have used Marlee's dislike and experience instead of bringing in two people who were against her.
    I disagree - Lisa had to bring two people back, and there were two people who had taken credit for the two elements that arguably lost the task. bringing anyone else back would have been a big mistake (I also don't think Marlee would have been any help, as she was thinking very personally about getting rid of Dionne rather than strategically). Lisa totally could have gotten rid of Dionne, who also did not do well in the previous challenge, but she totally fell apart.

Um.....I found NeNe really amusing in the episode. Does that make me a bad person? and now that Lisa's gone, I bet she picks up the slack on the one liners, big time.

Oh, and I'm shocked at how little we're seeing the Playmate of the Year on this show.

Conseco is such a major tool.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Such trash. I'm hooked.

Dionne is the sourest and angriest of sour and angry old women! Wow, my view of her has gone down down down in just two weeks.

Mr. Loaf FTW! Nene and McGrath for final 3! Or Marlee ... 's dorky cute interpreter.

ITA, re: Trump's making a point to "compliment" Lisa on her lips. Poor thing went through hell with that, and he probably well knows that. So is "your lips look better" now the Apprentice equivalent of the American Idol damning praise "you look beautiful tonight"?

Gary Busey as PM next week. For that gift, I'd like to thank the Easter Bunny, who obviously arrived early this year.

I am fascinated by Busey's enormous chompers.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Gary Busey as PM next week. For that gift, I'd like to thank the Easter Bunny, who obviously arrived early this year.

if it is a $ raising task, I expect the women to win regardless of what they do. Star appears to have pics of a bunch of rich people with donkeys in tijuana.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Dionne+Star = evil bitches
    I can only imagine what would happen if Dionne's niece, Whitney Houston, had been a contestant this season, as well.

vCash
    I used to think Dionne was an elegant classy lady, but no more. She comes across as really ignorant and rude. I hope she gets the role of PM next week. I'm sure Star will bend over backwards to help her out though. I felt like I was watching Survivor Island as the black women teamed up to form an alliance (except for maybe LaToya), appoint a PM, and then sabotage her efforts to win. That seems to be Star's mode of operation, to eliminate her team members one by one, as opposed to trying to win as a team.

I'd like to see Star Jones and Richard Hatch working together on the same project. That should make some good TV. He's not going to let her steamroll over him.

Did anyone else see earlier in the show when Dionne yelled at Marlee's interpretor asking him not to talk so much, and he said something like it's not me, it's Marlee talking. Duh, how stupid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I disagree - Lisa had to bring two people back, and there were two people who had taken credit for the two elements that arguably lost the task. bringing anyone else back would have been a big mistake (I also don't think Marlee would have been any help, as she was thinking very personally about getting rid of Dionne rather than strategically). Lisa totally could have gotten rid of Dionne, who also did not do well in the previous challenge, but she totally fell apart.
    My point is that she (Lisa) set herself up for failure by bringing in two people who were obviously supporting each other. At that point, she needed to ignore one and go after the other. I think she would have had a better shot at that with someone less ready for a fight against her. Instead of building a case against either of them, she spent her time in the board room foolishly trying to defend herself against their attacks.

Starr's tactics for fighting back are classic. Trump even allows her to speak directly to the other contestants in a way that could/would intimidate many. Looking at Lisa, she fell right into Starr's trap. Nobody was blaming Starr in front of Trump, but she was doing most all the talking and blaming. Because of that alone, Starr is not the person you would strategically want to call in the board room unless she was on your side.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I can only imagine what would happen if Dionne's niece, Whitney Houston, had been a contestant this season, as well.
    in retrospect, whitney growing up to be a crack ho is not so shocking. if dionne is ever project manager, i wouldnt be surprised to see her break a bottle in half and try to cut one of her team members.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast