View Poll Results: Why do you think Tessa Virtue stopped skating in the FD at Four Continents?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • She was too injured to continue skating.

45 40.18%
  • She and Moir realized that making a mistake might cost them the title.

17 15.18%
  • Both of the above.

28 25.00%
  • She saw a Britney Spears T-shirt in the audience and quickly became too nauseated to go on.

17 15.18%
  • Other

5 4.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I find it offensive when some people doubt about skater's injuries........... Who on earth would do such a shameful thing? To fake injuries in the middle of competing to avoid losing the little title?

I can only hope everything's gonna be fine at the worlds with V/M.

vCash
    I think it was a combination of the first two, but not in the sense the OP proposed. I think that a combination of error and pain may have triggered a belief that she already had re-injured her knee -- or, at least, the mistake would have been an indication that the pain was something to be worried about. Absent the mistake, I think she may well have considered the pain as not indicating something potentially serious.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I find it offensive when some people doubt about skater's injuries........... Who on earth would do such a shameful thing? To fake injuries in the middle of competing to avoid losing the little title?

I can only hope everything's gonna be fine at the worlds with V/M.
    The question isn't whether she had an injury, it's whether the injury was mental, physical, or a combination.

vCash
    V&M came 2nd last year at 4CC. Placement this year wasn't as important as showing their programs to the judges for the first time. I have no doubt that she had aggravated the muscle and that both of them wanted to skate but did not want to risk further injury.

I doubt very much it was a mental situation. I think the mistakes happened in the program due to the leg acting up.

vCash
    I don't think it was that important for them to win it.
    So, I think they withdrew because of Tessa's injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I don't think it was that important for them to win it.
    So, I think they withdrew because of Tessa's injury.
    I don't think a win was important but showing it to the judges and getting back into competition mode certainly was.

I can't believe that we've had to wait THIS long to see them again. It seems like forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    V&M came 2nd last year at 4CC. Placement this year wasn't as important as showing their programs to the judges for the first time. I have no doubt that she had aggravated the muscle and that both of them wanted to skate but did not want to risk further injury.

I doubt very much it was a mental situation. I think the mistakes happened in the program due to the leg acting up.
    I think you mean 2009. :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12