Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Where did barbk say that?
    I'm not quite getting it, either. (And yes, I know what "in vino veritas" means.)

    Can you say you've made it as a public figure when crazy people in the drunk tank randomly cite you during their DTs?

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Can you say you've made it as a public figure when crazy people in the drunk tank randomly cite you during their DTs?

    Absolutely!

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    "in vino veritas." It means in wine there is truth. That's what I thought he was ranting about.
    Otherwise know as "Drunken words = sober thoughts."

    The closet door is off it's hinges now.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Danceronice,
    I said up thread I think he's a closeted gay. "In vino" he spoke about "his people" who were oppressed and even went so far as to offer the cop a bj but then recanted. I think he mentioned Johnny as someone who doesn't think it should matter because he knows if he was blatant about his own sexuality he'd get sacked from his church - which he did. Of course he didn't make perfect sense because he was soused. I said it was just a theory on my part. It was my explanation of perhaps why he mentioned Johnny.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I took "refuse like Johnny Weir" to mean that he was refusing to go along with what others wanted him to do, a la Johnny.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  6. #26
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,161
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    P.S. Should this thread be merged with the one in OTBT?
    Yes; sorry, but since this is really about a priest and not Johnny--I think OTBT is a better place for it.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  7. #27
    podcast mistress
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    Posts
    7,823
    vCash
    2367
    Rep Power
    4368
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I took "refuse like Johnny Weir" to mean that he was refusing to go along with what others wanted him to do, a la Johnny.
    I thought so too, though I just think it's odd he pulled JW randomly out of his drunken stupor.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    For real, people?

    I suppose offering to... *ahem*.... orally service the officers to get out was just random too?

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    For real, people?

    I suppose offering to... *ahem*.... orally service the officers to get out was just random too?
    He didn't even ask for their Zodiac signs . People have such rotten manners these days.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    He didn't even ask for their Zodiac signs . People have such rotten manners these days.

  11. #31
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    11,182
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2492
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Danceronice,
    I said up thread I think he's a closeted gay. "In vino" he spoke about "his people" who were oppressed and even went so far as to offer the cop a bj but then recanted. I think he mentioned Johnny as someone who doesn't think it should matter because he knows if he was blatant about his own sexuality he'd get sacked from his church - which he did. Of course he didn't make perfect sense because he was soused. I said it was just a theory on my part. It was my explanation of perhaps why he mentioned Johnny.
    I'm not finished watching the whole thing but have just got past the oppressed people bit and it comes after he asks the police if this is happening because he is black? And follows it up with saying he is half black and goes on about oppression.

    It's very and I look forward to finishing it later. Having said that I think it's pretty shitty of the police to leak that video, as he said he isn't a monster. Makes me a bit of a hypocrite for watching it but I do feel a pang of sympathy for him that he was violated this way. If I passed him on the street I'd chuckle and carry on, I wouldn't stand there listening to his rant for 20 minutes.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •