vCash

Did Elina Kettunen ever skate to...

Ok my fellow FSUers, who's always answers any question one might have

I'm watching the mr.Bean movie right now, yup, it's on telly...the first one, that's only called "Bean", and seriously....someone skated to the music from this movie!! I have to know who, does anyone remember?

A voice in my head says it was Elina Kettunen...

If I don't find out, I don't think I'll sleep tonight! (and the movie isn't any good either)

Thank you for any help occuring this most important question!!

vCash

vCash
    wheee thanks!! I had forgot how fast she was, and how good her basics were! she retired far to early!

vCash
    yes i love that programme from kettunen.

love the telegraphed jumps

that skate put her on the olympic team ... leaving susanna poykio at home

but it also meant that ultimately all the great finnish skaters (alisa drei, poykio, kettunen, lepisto, korpi) have skated in the olympics at some point

vCash
    Thank you, Millyskate and SmallFairy!
    Kettunen was 5th and Pöykiö 6th in 2002 Europeans, so Kettunen went to the Olys and Pöykiö to the Worlds that year.

We were hoping for a medal next year in Malmö, but it did not happen. 2001-2002 was Kettunen´s best season. And as Kelvster said, Pöykiö went to Olys, 2006, she broght thh first ladies´medal to Finns 2005 etc. I guess Kettunen just lost the fire for figure skating 2003-2004, there was other things in her life.

You really did know looong beforehand which jump Kettunen was preparing to. But I really liked her sportive style.

She is now married, mother of two kids, looks still very fit and seems to be happy with her life.

Yours truly is hiding under the Finnish flag in the end, my friend´s arm and shoulder show a little

vCash
    I lurrrrrrrrrrved Kettunen and that LP.

vCash
    I can't believe I had "forgot" about that program, I was even there live too!! Too bad we didn't meet up Finnice

I remember how both Finnish girls did really well, and how great things was expected from them in Malmö. Susanna wore that magnificent red dress, and Alisa Drei skated the long program of her life, after crashing on the lutz in the short, almost injuring herself.

Great memories!!

I'm so happy to hear news about Elina, I'm really glad she's well with her family!

vCash
    I liked Elina way more than Susanna back then! I was so sad when she retired. Didn't she have some sort of problem with her coach-situation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post
    I liked Elina way more than Susanna back then! I was so sad when she retired. Didn't she have some sort of problem with her coach-situation?
    Her coach Susanna Haarala (who now coaches Kiira Korpi with Maaret Siromaa) moved to Tampere, and Kettunen did not want to follow, because of her studies etc. She never really settled with other coaches.

SmallFairy, we shall meet some time, I hope!

vCash
    I don't remember that program from Elina, but I liked her skating !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    I can't believe I had "forgot" about that program, I was even there live too!! Too bad we didn't meet up Finnice

I remember how both Finnish girls did really well, and how great things was expected from them in Malmö. Susanna wore that magnificent red dress, and Alisa Drei skated the long program of her life, after crashing on the lutz in the short, almost injuring herself.

Great memories!!

I'm so happy to hear news about Elina, I'm really glad she's well with her family!
    yes, great memories indeed ...

susanna's programme (to spellbound concerto & un sospiro), choreographed by Henrik Valentin, was an absolute masterpiece. too bad that that was the only time i saw it being performed ... even with all the falls / mistakes, it was still v. beautiful. i wonder if she's ever skated that programme cleanly ...

alisa drei's emotional skate was also memorable too .. i just rewatched it on youtube the other day ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Yours truly is hiding under the Finnish flag in the end, my friend´s arm and shoulder show a little
    Hey, your identity has been revealed! You're a former Tango King of Finland, n'est-ce pas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    Hey, your identity has been revealed! You're a former Tango King of Finland, n'est-ce pas?
    Wrong answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    Wrong answer.
    Really? Oh well, I think my guess is close enough!