Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    I wish that someone would use the sweeping opening movement of Schumann's Symphony #3 ("Rhenish"). I could see a powerful-yet-feminine lady like Nagasu using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8NCfDwbFk

I'd love to see a great ice-dance couple known for their sharp fast footwork tackle this great Spanish 'Sevillanas' song sung by the incomparable Victoria de los Angeles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6PBoosDXg
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I've said this before, and I may have even said it in this thread, but I think someone should do a Harry Potter LP, including the theme and whichever individual portions of the score interest the skater (probably based on the skater's favorite characters/films/books). It's such a pretty score, and it'd be so interesting.

vCash
    "Adagio in D Minor" and "Surface of the Sun" by John Murphy from the movie Sunshine.

The Sunshine soundtrack would fit a skater/team that is both lyrical and powerful. Most of it is slow, but incredibly heroic, powerful, and moving, something that a skater in the vein of Matt Savoie could pull off.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I'd like I/K to skate to "Tristan and Isolde" in a few years. Perhaps the Prelude, perhaps Liebestod. I think they have "high drama" and expressivity to pull it off.
    Right now I can only remember Sale & Pelletier to have ever used Wagner. I&K certainly have the acting abilities to pull it off, but I wonder if they'll end up developing enough power and amplitude to have enough speed with such long, swooping moves as T&I would require?

I personally would love to have seen Dmitri Dmitrenko do a 2 season-long tribute to the The Ring, using Rheingold for sp and Walkure for the lp the first season, and Siegfried the sp and Gotterdammerung the lp in the second season. Take that, Candeloro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    I personally would love to have seen Dmitri Dmitrenko do a 2 season-long tribute to the The Ring, using Rheingold for sp and Walkure for the lp the first season, and Siegfried the sp and Gotterdammerung the lp in the second season. Take that, Candeloro
    Perfect.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I'd like to see a skater (or skaters) use 'Gaia' by Valensia, either with lyrics or have a version created without lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbuIJ2Q7DeI

There are piano versions of 'Gaia', doesn't sound bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIuDHhK7qJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbeqr-k1Yo
    Last edited by sadya; 03-27-2011 at 07:13 AM.

vCash
    I really like the music of Devotchka. Some songs have vocals, but others don't, I personally think it would be really cool if someone skated a short program to the song "We're Gonna Make It" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmF_3N6C4oo. A very different piece of music, with lots of nuances in it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yesterday I had the good fortune of hearing the St. Petersburg Philarmonic perform Rach 2 and Scheherezade--the two old skating war horses. To say that it was amazing is an understatement.

After a 10 minutes long standing O, we were treated to an encore of Edward Elgar's Salut d'amour. It's such a pretty piece of music. It calls for a pwetty ice pwincess of your choice.
    Do we have any more of those left??
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 03-29-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Salut d'amour is very pretty.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Salut d'amour is very pretty.
    But who should skate to it? Who is a pretty enough skater?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Perhaps a pretty Finn . That new girl Juulia is quite gorgeous .

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I'd like I/K to skate to "Tristan and Isolde" in a few years. Perhaps the Prelude, perhaps Liebestod.
    I love the Liebestod. I've been dying for anyway to use it, although preferably ice dancers. I can picture soaring, high-flying lifts right now.

Other music I'd love to see used in skating:

I'd love to see this duet from The Pearl Fishers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrEBGodAvU. I think the melody is so lovey and the singing so powerful and romantic. Ice dancers again, I guess.

I'd like to see someone use music from Don Giovanni, specifically from the finale. This music is just sheer, raw power.

Also, I've had an itch lately for someone to use "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane for an exhibition piece. I think it would make for a lovely, sweeping program across the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Kiira?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    "Adagio in D Minor" and "Surface of the Sun" by John Murphy from the movie Sunshine.

The Sunshine soundtrack would fit a skater/team that is both lyrical and powerful. Most of it is slow, but incredibly heroic, powerful, and moving, something that a skater in the vein of Matt Savoie could pull off.
    I'd like to see Mao skate to one of these, especially Adagio. I think she could pull it off now that she has done Bells of Moscow.

vCash
    I'd love Mao to skate to Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZEf...eature=related (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGb8...eature=related (part 2)

The impressionist style suits her well.
    Last edited by miki88; 04-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    There are several pieces of music I would love to see used in skating, both for competitive and exhibition programs. With few exceptions, these are non-skater specific).

Yankowskas/Coughlin: Main Title/Excerpts from the Basic Instint Soundtrack (previously used by Wötzel/Steuer in Lillehammer)

"Butterfly" by Tori Amos (possible exhibition for Alissa Czisny)

"Ace of Swords" by the Alan Parsons Project

"Roaring of the Bliss" by Tangerine Dream

"Dance of Angels" by Oysten Sevag

"Baltar's Dream" by Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica Season Two Soundtrack). I would love to see a Pairs team use this as a SP.

"Prelude to War" by Bear McCreary (BSG Season 2 - at 8 minutes obviously needing to be edited down). The entire piece is amazing if you listen to it, but I am partial to the first 2 minutes, 3:45-3:55 (kodo drums), 6:35-7:32, and 7:55 to the end as part of a skating program. This would probably work best as a Men's FS, with a skater who can demonstrate explosive passion as well as balletic smoothness, possibly Daisuke Takahashi. Yagudin IMO would have been fantastic with this.

"The Shape of Things to Come" by Bear McCreary BESG (Season One Soundtrack). At a run time of 2:55, it could easily be edited to a SP.

- Can you tell I adore the music from this amazing television series?

"Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi. Again, massive editing needed for time, but the theme repeats enough where it could be done smoothly. I brought this up in the Ashley Wagner thread as a possiblity. Some may recognize this from the trailer from the movie The Reader".

This would have to be an exhibition program, and it's cheesy as hell, but "Hold On Tight" by Electric Light Orchestra would make a fun, upbeat program.

Just for shits and giggles, I would love to see someone do an exhibition to one of

"Liar" by The Rollins Band

"Rock and Roll High School" by The Ramones

"So What'cha Want" by The Beastie Boys

….And finally (and of course, these would never, ever fly in a million years), but I'd give my left tit if someone had the stones to punk the ISU and pull one of these off:

"Kick Out The Jams" (Henry Rollins and Bad Brains version)

"Freak on a Leash" by KoЯn, especially the section beginning at 2:30 till the end. Somehow, I don't think the lyrics "You and I were meant to be A cheap fcuk for me to lay" )

"I Must Increase My Bust" by Lords of Acid

"Add It Up" by the Violent Femmes

"Hot Dog" by Limp Bizkit with the F-bomb dropped 46 times in it, can you imagine the audience's reaction

"Fcuk You" by Ottorongo

"Golden Shower of Hits (Jerks on 45)" by The Circle of Jerks. It'd be worth it to see watch the faces of the older audience members' reactions to this medley of "Along Comes Mary," "Close to You," "Afternoon Delight," "Having My Baby," "Love Will Keep Us Together," and "Divorce" (by Tammy Wynette).

"Sex Dwarf" by Soft Cell

Hmmm……after looking at the last part of this post, maybe I need to put together an ice show titled "Parental Advisory: Tipper Gore's Nightmare On Ice"
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    "Life is beautiful" for cappellini lanotte!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    "Life is beautiful" for cappellini lanotte!
    second that! they're so lively and lovely couple with a great dramatic potencial.

I would also love Mao to skate to Moon River

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh (@Armin_hammer) tweeted today:
    If you think you know what I should skate to for Long program next season, now's the time to give me your suggestions!

vCash
    I love that the skaters seem to be interested in fan suggestions for their music! The internet and social networks have certainly made it better for fans to be more a part of the skating world.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast