Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    A junior Canadian guy (can't remember who) skated to "Sepiroth" from Final Fantasy 7 this year at Canadian Junior Nationals, and Karina Johnson of Denmark skated to a mix of Final Fantasy music for her sp this year.

vCash
    I'm another one who love to see skater skate to final fantasy music, especially in the era of Nobuo Uematsu. He produced tons of epic music which would be a shame if those musics aren't used for skating.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    On the need to modernize skating, here's Penguin by Avicii, a great selection that can be trimmed down to a 2:40 short/technical program.

It would be too easy for some shallow Euro skater like Joubert, Plushenko, or Amodio to skate and pander around with nothing but crossovers and hip-thrusting to this, so I'm thinking it would be a far greater challenge (and far more worthwhile watching, from the fan's perspective) for someone with top-notch skating skills, strong choreographical abilities, and superior overall depth, like Patrick Chan, Takahiko Kozuka, or Daisuke Takahashi, to skate a short program to this.

Better yet, I'd like to see some "pretty" ladies' skater like Alissa Czisny, Mao Asada, or Mirai Nagasu come out in a black glittery bodysuit and blaze across the ice to this music, complete with blinding footwork and alternatingly staccato and catlike choreography. It would be a huge step up for them and could motivate them to "attack" their programs in the way the need to make it to the top.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 05-30-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I mentioned this earlier up in the thread, but I really wish a skater (or skaters) that could adequately portray the passion and emotion evoked in Anne Dudley's soundtrack to the movie American History X would do a program to the music it. Although the subject matter to the movie is no doubt incredibly controversial, the music to it is incredibly powerful and haunting, and a program done to it could very well be a masterpiece.

If anyone is interested, I have the soundtrack listed as one of my playlists on youtube:

sk8cynic's youtube channel.

Nearly all of the pieces in it are amazing, but the ones that evoke the most emotion for me are "We Are Not Enemies," "Two Brothers," "Storm Clouds Gathering," and the final one, called "Benedictus."

It's definitely worth a listen, if not for skating, then for personal enjoyment. Also, I might add, if anyone has not seen this film, it's absolutely, definitely, a must see. It's easily one of the most thought-provoking, emotionally gripping movies to come out of the '90s.

On a more personal note (and one that doesn't exactly belong in this thread), I don't know anyone who has watched it that hasn't been not only moved, but compelled to give the subject matter brought up in it a lot of thought (and hopefully discussion).
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

In Search of a Lost Chord
    The big space where the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream and the harshness of life dims the peaches and cream.
    vCash
    I have actually made musical suggestions to the head coach of the Haydenettes with whom I am a close friend.

She like a a couple of them and may consider one of them for one of their programs.

Since she likes to keep her programs under wraps until the competitions, I won't divulge at this time what I suggested....
    Happiness is being married to your best friend!

vCash

Brandon Mroz

Brandon Mroz-Theme music from Apollo 13. I get goosebumps when I watch Paul Wylie skate to it on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/Uh5UEFTa4aA

I would also love to see Paul coaching Brandon. Brandon and Paul have a lot in common. They both have a strong Christian faith.
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 06-03-2011 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    I would like to see a female competitor skate to the score from "A League of Their Own".

http://youtu.be/JxqhPi5wzxc
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 06-03-2011 at 12:03 AM.

vCash
    I would love to see Plushenko do a really romantic, gentle piece. I really think he could pull it off.

No, no specific suggestions, just a vague idea.

vCash
    I'd love to see someone skate to Glazunov's "Raymonda"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYJvFPBhdA
    (maybe Alissa Czisny, Carolina Kostner or Laura Lepisto, or maybe Tessa and Scott)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    I'd love to see someone skate to Glazunov's "Raymonda"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYJvFPBhdA
    (maybe Alissa Czisny, Carolina Kostner or Laura Lepisto, or maybe Tessa and Scott)
    Haruka Imai has-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0IDeejAdT8

In 2009, Imai also skated to "Finding Neverland" -- while I didn't like her program that much, the music was very nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

The Planets. I am honestly surprised they aren't used more often, especially Mars and Jupiter!
    I was so excited when Jeremy Abbott (I believe it was him, though I can't remember for sure anymore) announced his LP would be to the Planets suite, and then so distraught when he announced a program change. I played Jupiter in high school, and it's such a challenging piece to play, but I really enjoyed it. Such powerful music, I'd love to see a pairs team really attack it, or a dance team.

I'd also really love a dance program to Escaflowne. There's a montage on youtube for D/W to Sora's Theme, I believe it's called, from Escaflowne...and that music sounds uplifting (though not really a distinct dance beat I can't say. Sigh).

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I'd also really love a dance program to Escaflowne. There's a montage on youtube for D/W to Sora's Theme, I believe it's called, from Escaflowne...and that music sounds uplifting (though not really a distinct dance beat I can't say. Sigh).
    That damned dance beat rule gets in the way of all interesting things! I love that music so much, how ethereal it is.

ETA: Wait, it's called Sora's theme? I thought Sora was a character of the video game Kingdom Hearts (I never played it myself but my brother did and I just loved all the backstory, the combination of anime and Disney) and Escaflowne was something completely different. I've never seen Escaflowne (I'm assuming it's a show or a movie), so maybe there's a Sora there too.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 06-06-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Holy crap…..I have a record album I bought back in 1986 with several songs that I've always thought would be wonderful for skating. I've never been able to find it on CD, but thanks to youtube, someone has uploaded the entire album.

It's by Ira Stein and Russel Walder, and the Album name is Transit. Due to some of them having long intros (including the links added later), the entire songs need to be listened to in order to get a "feel" of how skating would work with them.

A few of the tracks that I think would be amazing for skating include:

The Underground

Lost Time

Suite for Dominique

Engravings (this one is available on iTunes as part of the Windham Hill Collection)

ETA: Going through some of my CDs from back during my phase of New Age music, I found a few more songs that would make for some elegant and beautiful programs if done by the right skater:

Love Song - Suzanne Ciani

Neverland - Suzanne Ciani

She has another song called Maremosso from the Hotel Luna CD that is wonderful, but there's no link on youtube to listen to it

Clouds Below Your Knees - Ray Lynch. It's a little slow and repetitive in the beginning but once it gets going at around 0:50, it gets interesting.

Painful Love Suite - Oystein Sevag (as a suite, there are several parts that could be edited together for a FS program. The quality of the youtube upload gets scratchy for a short bit in the middle but thankfully stops).
    Last edited by Cyn; 06-07-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'm actually serious about this... but have any ice dancers considered skating to selections from Lady Gaga or the Glee Cast? I'm talking competitive programs, not show pieces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    I'm actually serious about this... but have any ice dancers considered skating to selections from Lady Gaga or the Glee Cast? I'm talking competitive programs, not show pieces.

The Headband Song?

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    I watched a D/W montage to Ke$ha a few weeks ago and I actually considered the idea of a Ke$ha FD for them for a moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I watched a D/W montage to Ke$ha a few weeks ago and I actually considered the idea of a Ke$ha FD for them for a moment.
    That... would be kinda awesome not even joking. I'd probably crack a rib watching it. And it'd be interesting to see what kind of artistic critiques could be made XD

vCash
    I want an ice dance team to create a routine to this music (obviously, it would require entirely different choreography than in this clip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8

I want Tomas Verner to do an LP to Jalousie by Gade, in character as a romantic hero.

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    Has any amateur used Antares by the Tragically Hip? I know it's a signature routine for Kurt Browning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tcy--wXe5w) but I'd love to see a real footwork laden ice dance program to it.

vCash
    Wow - thanks for posting the link DustPuppy So smoooooooooth

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast