Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ashley Wagner is skating to Black Swan:

AshWagner2010: Black Swan is turning out amazingly..thanks so much to Phillip Mills he has done an incredible job
    Brittney Rizo said:

@AshWagner2010 tell me your skating to the black swan soundtrack
    And then Ashley said:

@brittneyrizo I am!! OMG sooo gonnna lose it this season and end up like Nina..CANNOT wait!

vCash
    I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

vCash
    I've been watching a Downton Abbey marathon on Netflix and I just love the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38wsS...eature=related

vCash
    I've always wanted Shizuka Arakawa to skate an exhibition program to Perfect Day by Miriam Stockley. It's unique, and I think she would pull it off beautifully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post

:
    ...with sparkly green eyeshadow?

vCash
    I REALLY hope that Yu-na keeps her Arirang LP... so much potential and it'd be a terrible shame to not see it performed to perfection. Hopefully, she'll continue competing next season, go through the GP series, and then bring it to life at next year's worlds. *crosses fingers*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I REALLY hope that Yu-na keeps her Arirang LP... so much potential and it'd be a terrible shame to not see it performed to perfection. Hopefully, she'll continue competing next season, go through the GP series, and then bring it to life at next year's worlds. *crosses fingers*
    I have the same hope. I think her LP has the potential to be a masterpiece. I hope coming in second at this Worlds like a fire under her to want to next season.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    I have the same hope. I think her LP has the potential to be a masterpiece. I hope coming in second at this Worlds like a fire under her to want to next season.
    Ita. I feel like part of the reason some people were saying that it lacked the usual Yu-na spark was 1). her year off competitive skating and 2). she's in a transitional phase artistically speaking. I feel as if she's trying to express something deeper, something more soulful and meaningful than w/say last year's Gershwin and what we saw at Worlds was the awkward half-way stage- but there were nonetheless flashes of the brilliant masterpiece it could be such as the footwork sequence (which I was tearing up over).

vCash
    Even this flawed Arirang was a beauty. I really do love it and I think she did deserve to win the PCS over Ando. The music cuts are gorgeous and her overall movements just seem to be more precise and balletic. With a bit more training and mileage with this program, I think it could become a classic.

Music Suggestion: Patrick Chan - Danse Macabre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Music Suggestion: Patrick Chan - Danse Macabre
    I really love that suggestion. I'd be interesting to see him use it next season as a SP since Danse Macabre is such a contrast to Take Five.

vCash
    Volosozhar/Trankov - Pines of Rome, second/third movements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    Absolutely. I especially love, love the second half of the program starting off with the haunting zither section transitioning into more familiar tune of Arirang to mark the end. Lutz right into flying sit spin was a particularly inspiring arrangement given the music.

vCash
    Alissa Czisny- The Light in the Piazza. The Overture to it rich with rolling harps and piano chords, and it sounds warm and golden. Perhaps it's a little too similar to Alissa's music for this year, and I'm not sure how it could be edited, but I think it's unique and different.

vCash
    I'd love to see a pairs team use the Nimrod variation from Elgar's Enigma Variations. It would be hard to edit though and would take a lot of power and intensity to pull it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I'm really excited to see how it turns out!
    I wonder what cuts from the film score Ashley will be using:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYrQ1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGdsXjob7fI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGlk8...eature=related

Although quite eerie, perhaps a skater and choreographer might be able to do something interesting to soundtracks by Bernard Herrmann to A Hitchcock's Vertigo and Psycho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC5AzFc3coo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMTrVgpDwPk
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-07-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Going through some of my older music, I found a (albeit cheesy pop) song that I would freaking *LOVE* to see an exhibition program done to (hell, if Cotton Eye Joe and Barbie Girl can be done, so can this ). This was way more popular in Europe than it ever was in the US, so it may be familiar to some here:

Betty Boo - "Doin' the Do"

vCash
    Yiruma - River Flows in You
    I'd love to see Alissa take a stab at it.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    That's so lovely, oleada. I can see Alissa skating when I listen ...

Might be great to use for an exhibition.

vCash
    Nice thread. I have a very short list right now, as I am in a hurry, but there are some pieces that I absolutely love to see skaters use.

Smetana's Moldeau/Ma Vlast is one of my favorite pieces of music. It will be good for a pair.

Barber's adagio for strings (used by Matt Savoie in 2006, I think) is such a lovely piece. I think a skater like Mao Asada will look very good skating to it.

Rustle of spring (can't remember the composer) is another good music for a singles SP.

Since ice dance rules don't allow sad music anymore, that takes away a few from my list. I would like to see some Bollywood music used in ice dance since there is more freedom there. Davis & White did a fantastic job with that kind of music.

I am not well versed in pop/Jazz, etc. so it is hard for me to list any. I do like movie soundtracks, and could list a few in another post (later).

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    Someone has to skate an over the top gala routine to Paul and Storm's "Fuzzy Man", ridiculously literal outfit required: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcfaItygU4M
    (Pechelat & Bourzat maybe?)

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast