Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I do hope Ajax is okay. When we had problems with one of our kitties not eating for a couple of days after having teeth removed, the vet gave him pain killers that must have really taken the pain away as he absolutely devoured food, and lots of it... until it wore off. At least he got something in him though.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    When one or two of my cats went off their food, we tried Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk. The cats love it and it gets them started. Not a lot mind you, a teaspoon or so. The tuna water is good, especially if you leave a little bit of tuna in it. Sardines attract attention too. Hoping for the best for you and Ajax.

vCash
    Good News, just back from the Vet. She gave him a painkiller shot, an antibiotic shot, and a shot to stimulate his appetite. He ate a quarter of a can with her, of this special food called "recovery" it is a bit watery. She sent me home with three cans. He couldn't wait to eat when we got home, and gobbled down another quarter of a can. I am thinking I was not getting enough of the pain killer in him, to make it comfortable to eat. She said I could come back tomorrow and get him another shot, instead of struggling with the painkillers they gave me. They also didn't charge me for anything today.

thank you for everyones advice and thoughts, it has really helped!!!

vCash
    Glad to hear it LisaS.

vCash
    Sending hugs to you, and Ajax!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Good News, just back from the Vet. She gave him a painkiller shot, an antibiotic shot, and a shot to stimulate his appetite. He ate a quarter of a can with her, of this special food called "recovery" it is a bit watery. She sent me home with three cans. He couldn't wait to eat when we got home, and gobbled down another quarter of a can. I am thinking I was not getting enough of the pain killer in him, to make it comfortable to eat. She said I could come back tomorrow and get him another shot, instead of struggling with the painkillers they gave me. They also didn't charge me for anything today.

thank you for everyones advice and thoughts, it has really helped!!!
    Awww! Rock on Ajax!

vCash
    For those of you wondering here is a picture of my baby Ajax

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?i...340112&theater

vCash
    that link isn't working. You have to make a change in FB to public. Sorry I don't know the details.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Awww poor Ajax. Hope he gets better soon. I would hate to have my cat's teeth pulled out. Luckily they have been pretty good.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I'm glad to hear Ajax is doing better. I think with meds, sometimes cats are better behaved at the vet than at home. I remember when I had to give my cat Callie a worming tablet, she absolutely would not swallow it no matter what, and it ended up melting in her mouth so then she looked like she was foaming at the mouth. Not a good look. I took her to the vet and she sat there meek as could be and swallowed obediently when the tech popped the pill in her mouth.

Anyway, hopefully Ajax will continue to do better. There is a dental food that supposedly cleans their teeth as they eat. It's a Hills Prescription cat food, T/D. I feed it to my cats every few days. Leo is the one who had a little tartar buildup, so we'll see if it helped him over the year when he goes for his anual checkup.

vCash
    What a nice vet you have, not charging. Bravo!

Glad Ajax is doing better.

vCash
    Poor baby! My 12 year old kitty lost a bunch of teeth; the vet told me it's normal for cats of his breed (Bengal mix) to have problems like that. I'm glad he's doing well now!

vCash
    I have reset my facebook settings to show off my boy

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...340112&theater

vCash
    Still can't see the photo Lisa.

Glad Ajax appears to be on the mend.

vCash
    Update on Ajax: After eating fairly well after the visit to the vet last Friday, I noticed this week he started eating less and less as the week went on. I also noticed a bad smell coming from his mouth yesterday. Today he barely ate anything. I called the vet who said to bring him in. They weighed him and he lost 1lb since last Friday.Turns out, one of the wounds from one of his canines has opened up. They cleaned it out with saline, and more pain medication and antibiotics. He did eat when we came home, so I hope that is a good sign. Apparently it isn't good for big cats to lose weight quickly because it can cause a fatty liver. He was 17.5 lbs when he first had the teeth out.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    My kitty got his teeth cleaned today and two diseased teeth pulled. He's fine though.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Lisa, thanks for the update.
    Sorry for Ajax' additional problem.
    I hope that he improves daily.

I still can't see his picture, unfortunately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12