View Poll Results: Which Gals Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Choice Allowed)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ashthon Jones

7 13.73%
  • Haley Reinhart

11 21.57%
  • Julie Zorrilla

1 1.96%
  • Karen Rodriquez

18 35.29%
  • Kendra Chantelle

6 11.76%
  • Lauren Alaina

17 33.33%
  • Lauren Turner

26 50.98%
  • Naima Adedapo

19 37.25%
  • Pia Toscano

41 80.39%
  • Rachel Zevita

2 3.92%
  • Tatynisa Wilson

0 0%
  • Thia Megia

32 62.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    There must be a lot of people out there who see her as the only girl in the world...
    Peter, that's just awful.

vCash
    Re DI, the person that runs the site has already put up a disclaimer saying that the top result is an aberration, due to a glitch. This happened last time when Lil Rounds was predicted to be safe.

He's not disputing the second place result though.

vCash
    How accurate will Dial Idol be this season though, now that they are allowing online voting also?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It never did reflect text votes so it's only as accurate as the % of people phoning it in.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    There must be a lot of people out there who see her as the only girl in the world...

vCash
    All DI tells me is the percent of DI software users who either got through or were blocked. It gives a good indication of how the non-text vote is going, but I don't see it as useful for much other than knowing who the over 40s are voting for.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    All DI tells me is the percent of DI software users who either got through or were blocked. It gives a good indication of how the non-text vote is going, but I don't see it as useful for much other than knowing who the over 40s are voting for.
    Why the over 40's? I am over 40 & I never call in. Since voting online is so easy I did cast a few votes this week but not by phone. It's the tweens who power vote by phone.

vCash
    As for the contestants, I'm not feeling the Thia love. I'm getting a pageant vibe from her and am looking to see something more. Perhaps it was the song.

My faves were the Laurens, Naima, and Pia. I had high expectations for Rachel, but the song choice and performance left me cold. Julie and Ta-whatever were just plain bad. Everyone else was forgettable.

vCash
    Never mind, started a separate thread instead for the results show...
    Last edited by Kruss; 03-03-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My favorites were Pia and Thia. Both were really fantastic with great song choice.

I didn't like Karen's song choice, but I liked her performance and her voice so I would put her through too. I also liked Lauren Turner a lot. Those are the 4 I would put through.

After that Naima, and Lauren Alaina. Both sang well. Naima's dress was terrible again. Lauren Alaina bugs me, but she performed well. Either one getting through would be fine though.

After that Haley - I just don't like all the vocal gymnastics, and I like Alicia Keys much better, but Haley can sing.

I didn't like Ashthon's song choice or performance, but I wish she'd get through because I really liked her in the auditions. But I am not sure she did enough. Very disappointed.

Rachel - she went for it, but I just didn't like it.

Kendra was totally forgettable.

Julie - I was the most disappointed by this because I really liked her in the auditions. Bad song for her and bad performance.

Ta-Tynisa was totally off key and probably the worst tonight.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    He's not disputing the second place result though.
    I have a very hard time believing she got the second highest number of votes. If she made it in to the top 5 women it just does to show the huge impact of audition pimping and looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I have a very hard time believing she got the second highest number of votes. If she made it in to the top 5 women it just does to show the huge impact of audition pimping and looks.
    Well, with 12 competitors and lower voting totals early in the season, it wouldn't take much to move someone from a 4-12 prediction to a 2-8 prediction. Again, because it doesn't take into account online and text votes, I'll wait to see how accurate it is this year. Perhaps it's just her family and friends using the software. Localized power voting can really impact the busy percentages. For example, Julie's Texas votes using the software are really whack. 62 votes were recorded and 20 busy signals were recorded for a 24% busy. For all we know, the switch in Texas was having problems. Interestingly, there was not a single DI vote attempted for Julie in New York.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Well, with 12 competitors and lower voting totals early in the season, it wouldn't take much to move someone from a 4-12 prediction to a 2-8 prediction. Again, because it doesn't take into account online and text votes, I'll wait to see how accurate it is this year.
    Even putting aside online votes and texted votes, and just looking and phoned in votes, DialIdol has got to be off this time. They are not predicting 4-12. They are predicting 2-4 and claiming it is statistically sound, which is a lock for the top five if you're just looking at called in votes. I have a really hard time believing that. I think DialIdol got it wrong this time. If they got it right, then that's just sad because she clearly was one of the worst of the night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Even putting aside online votes and texted votes, and just looking and phoned in votes, DialIdol has got to be off this time. They are not predicting 4-12. They are predicting 2-4 and claiming it is statistically sound, which is a lock for the top five if you're just looking at called in votes. I have a really hard time believing that. I think DialIdol got it wrong this time. If they got it right, then that's just sad because she clearly was one of the worst of the night.
    I think it's a statistical fluke due to the Texas vote, and, yes, they probably have it wrong. I checked most of the other high population states, and Julie has very few votes.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm watching this now.

TaTawhoever - awful, never thought she deserved to be in the top 12 girls

Naima - I don't want to like her but her voice is really not bad! I think she has a very good voice for jazz. Randy hit it on the head saying she is a little loungy sounding but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. She CAN sing, so I wouldn't be upset if she makes it through.

Kendra - selling bathtubs, eh? We go from the paint salesman to the bathtub saleswoman. I love this song but unless you are Christina, don't sing it. It fits perfectly into Christina's heavy vibrato and Kendra is trying to sing it "pretty." Doubt we will see her again. Hits the big run at the end but too little too late?

Rachel - This arrangement makes the song almost unrecognizable. I give her points for putting on a show. Her voice is just TOO different. It always sounds flat but that is kind of her thing, so it's like she gets by BECAUSE her voice isn't very good..Not a fan and don't care to hear her do this week in and week out.

Karen - Kudos for singing in two languages, that has to garner her a few extra votes! Pretty voice but a typical female ballad that will not help me to remember her later. Her voice is perhaps a bit too thin for this song, the song is bigger than her voice.

Lauren T - I liked it but wasn't blown away. I do like her voice and style so I hope she makes it through. Interesting song choice that made her stand out, smart choice. I've never heard the song but I instantly felt like I knew it.

Ashton - I chuckled at the lyric "I stepped right in it.." All I could think is "she is singing a song about dog shit?" I hope this doesn't come across ignorant or racist but she has a stereotypical black female voice. I feel like you can find her in any bar or church choir across the country. This song is bad, too.

Julie - I know the song choice and I've already decided I wont like it because Kelly Clarkson is QUEEN. I will admit my bias now. I stick by what I said before when I saw song choices, not very many people can sound good singing this song. It doesn't take your voice places, it starts off in a low register. I just think you need a spectacular voice and connection to make this song work. She sounds just fine but fine wont work with this song. She is a very pretty girl. Oh gosh, she just botched the end and now sounds awful.

Haley - Little too much grunting going on here. Her voice is unique, I think she does with her voice what Zevita wishes she could do. This isn't bad but I wish she sang a different song. Trim out a few of the vocal gymnastics and it would have felt more complete.

Thia - Wow, her voice sounds so much more mature than her 15 years. She is definitely better than what I saw of her in the initial audition rounds. Not a fun song but she certainly sings it well and choosing the classiest song of the bunch stands out somewhat. Was it a Streisand song?

Lauren A - I've not been a fan of her playing the judges but I do love her voice. I don't know what it is but I look at her and I see a star. This is OK, very fun song and she is working it nicely. I would prefer to hear her do something where she can really sing but that will come later as I am sure she makes it either through votes or WC. She has Kelly Clarkson's butt, haha

Pia - I just love this song and unlike Julie's choice, I am biased to already like it. Great performance, the first stand out for the ladies. This felt like a mid season performance and not a semi final performance. I don't think her voice is as strong as some ladies, the ending she had to really reach for, but the performance won everyone over by that point.

Pia
    Thia
    Lauren T
    Lauren A
    gap----
    Naima
    Haley
    Kendra
    Karen
    gap----
    Ashton
    Rachel
    gap---
    TaTaNysia
    big gap----
    Julie
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Thia - Wow, her voice sounds so much more mature than her 15 years. She is definitely better than what I saw of her in the initial audition rounds. Not a fun song but she certainly sings it well and choosing the classiest song of the bunch stands out somewhat. Was it a Streisand song?
    Nope...

Out Here On My Own
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I just rewatched a lot of the performances from last night. Since she sang so early I think Naima has been seriouly underrated. Her voice is so pure, she doesn't struggle for notes or flat out or go sharp. And I really enjoyed her performance quality...I think she is quirky & fun as well as being very comfortable up there. I would put here up there with Thia & Pia.

Also, does Randy expect no one ever in the history of the world to sing Summertime now that Fantasia did a good job with it? She didn't sing it remotely like Fantasia, she completely imo made it her own.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post

Also, does Randy expect no one ever in the history of the world to sing Summertime now that Fantasia did a good job with it? She didn't sing it remotely like Fantasia, she completely imo made it her own.
    I agree and that was a LONG time ago. Many people, maybe even most people, watching were not watching when Fantasia performed that song.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Thanks for posting that. That song makes me teary every time I hear it. Irene Cara sang it beautifully. She was only 21 when she did that (and she wrote the lyrics - I believe). Even though the title songs from "Fame" and "Flashdance" got more attention (she sang both), I think Out There On My Own was more moving.

vCash
    I really getting pissed.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast