View Poll Results: Which Gals Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Choice Allowed)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ashthon Jones

7 13.73%
  • Haley Reinhart

11 21.57%
  • Julie Zorrilla

1 1.96%
  • Karen Rodriquez

18 35.29%
  • Kendra Chantelle

6 11.76%
  • Lauren Alaina

17 33.33%
  • Lauren Turner

26 50.98%
  • Naima Adedapo

19 37.25%
  • Pia Toscano

41 80.39%
  • Rachel Zevita

2 3.92%
  • Tatynisa Wilson

0 0%
  • Thia Megia

32 62.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Rachel and Julie need to go. Ta Tynisha did not sing well but she performed better than the other two and she's a better dresser
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I didn't do so bad with my guesses. The only real outlier was Ashton but I'm not sure anyone had her in their top 6 girls. I'm pretty sure she got in because of demographics. Affirmative Action is alive and well in AI, who knew!? I did have 5 of the 6 right, with my one wrong one being Lauren T who was robbed of not even being given the chance to perform.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I didn't do so bad with my guesses. The only real outlier was Ashton but I'm not sure anyone had her in their top 6 girls. I'm pretty sure she got in because of demographics. Affirmative Action is alive and well in AI, who knew!? I did have 5 of the 6 right, with my one wrong one being Lauren T who was robbed of not even being given the chance to perform.
    Wow, I didn't know you were a bigot. Also, in regards to Affirmative Action are you referring to the choices being women, african american or Latin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Wow, I didn't know you were a bigot. Also, in regards to Affirmative Action are you referring to the choices being women, african american or Latin?
    I'm not being a bigot but I do believe they chose 2 of the 3 contestants because they were black and ALL were minorities. That doesn't make me a bigot, it is just my personal theory.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'm not being a bigot but I do believe they chose 2 of the 3 contestants because they were black and ALL were minorities. That doesn't make me a bigot, it is just my personal theory.
    Seriously Lauren T is a minority. She's a woman and women are included as minorities and included in Affirmative Action. Actually AA was created for women.

vCash
    Well pardon me, I was referring only to race and I was under the impression that Affirmative Action was a race issue only these days but I admittedly do not study it nor have I ever. Learn something new every day, so thank you for correcting me.

P.S. Are women actually a minority? I mean, they struggle for equality and things are getting better but in sheer numbers, they are not a minority.
    -Brian

vCash
    The fact if the matter is that BOTH Lauren Turner and Ashthon Jones have a lot of talent. But I really do not think race was part of this at all. Different strokes for different folks, and I think the judges just simply preferred Jones' voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    The fact if the matter is that BOTH Lauren Turner and Ashthon Jones have a lot of talent. But I really do not think race was part of this at all. Different strokes for different folks, and I think the judges just simply preferred Jones' voice.
    I think they are both talented as well but I thought Lauren had a far superior performance last night and thus was more deserving of a second chance. I don't necessarily agree that race was a deciding factor, but I very much suspect that physical appearance was, i.e. Ashton and Kendra are conventionally attractive and Lauren does not fit that mold. The judges compared her to Bette Midler and I think that applies to more than her voice.

vCash
    I think the comparison to Bette Midler was definitely about more than voice. Even if she didn't sing people could make that comparison on looks alone. I am assuming she is Jewish?
    -Brian

vCash
    I love Lauren T. and I'm sad she didn't get in. I'd have her in my top 3 girls from last night. Stupid America. Also sad about Rachel but she really blew it with that song choice. She'd have been better off singing the regular version of Criminal. Haley did pretty well last night and I gotta say she deserves her slot based on that. Karen, oof. I mean of course she was on pitch but her singing is as bland as it gets. But oh well, someone needs to finish in 13th place, right?

Pia, Thia, and Lauren A. will likely go very far. I'm pretty happy with Ashthon and Naima as wildcards. Ashthon rocked it with her final top 24 performance to Whitney, moreso than the 2 songs we've seen her do in the semis. Go look it up on the Idol site. Naima was wonderful for me tonight. Kendra was awful until the end of her song. And last night was a snooze. So I'm not shocked she didn't get thru.

vCash
    I agree. It doesn't make you a bigot. We don't know the reasons for their choices, but I definitely think that they like variety in many ways in order to appeal to a broader audience. That includes gender, race, singing genre, age, etc. I definitely think they were trying to get young contestants this year and made some choices accordingly. That doesn't make me ageist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Thanks for posting that. That song makes me teary every time I hear it. Irene Cara sang it beautifully. She was only 21 when she did that (and she wrote the lyrics - I believe). Even though the title songs from "Fame" and "Flashdance" got more attention (she sang both), I think Out There On My Own was more moving.
    I agree, that's my personal favorite of hers.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    i LOVE naima. reminds me alot of nadia. definitely deserved to be in the Finals

stefano's italian isn't he? so he's white, not a minority. although i guess to your average middle america idol viewer, he might as well be hispanic. but he sang CIRCLES around the other guys, so he definitely deserved to be in the Finals. that might have been one of the best sing for your life performance ever on the show.

Ashthon you could probably make the case for producers wanting to mix up the variety a bit. naima's more old school r&b, whereas ashthon's alot more contemporary. IMO, she does have a spark and confidence that might carry her far if she picks good songs.

the only one who was completely robbed tonight was the other Lauren, who definitely deserved to at least perform again. unfortunately, the case seems to be if she looked more like kendra, she probably would have.

vCash
    I think Lauren Turner was left out specifically because they are afraid she could take votes from the other Lauren who is quite clearly and obviously their CHOSEN WINNER.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Seriously Lauren T is a minority. She's a woman and women are included as minorities and included in Affirmative Action. Actually AA was created for women.
    Women are not minorities. Affirmative action is the Women & Minorities Action Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz
    the only one who was completely robbed tonight was the other Lauren, who definitely deserved to at least perform again. unfortunately, the case seems to be if she looked more like kendra, she probably would have.
    I agree, I think it might have been her looks, but even if she had sung instead of Kendra I don't think she would have been picked. I think Ashthon & Naima are better singers than her, and in Naima's case, a lot more unique & memorable.

vCash
    I dislike Ashton's singing the same way I disliked Fantasia's singing. Sure, they can both do technical runs and hit notes and such, but I can't stand the tone of their voice. It sounds too harsh and shrill to me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456