Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Christina Aguilera arrested for public drunkenness

... while her boyfriend was arrested for a DUI. Article here

Another child star on a downward spiral I guess... Good lord, they're dropping like flies. I really feel sorry for the girl, but it's so much worse because of the child she had with her ex-husband. I mean, arrested for public drunkenness at 2:45 A.M. on a MONDAY? What happens on a Saturday or Friday night then?

Who could have thought that out of Christina, Lindsey, Britney, and Charlie, Britney is the one who looks the sanest and the most on track with her life?

vCash
    They said she wasn't right since her comeback CD kind of bombed and when she broke up with her hubs, which pretty much happened on top of each other.

NONE of them are SANE!!

vCash
    "she's a genie with a bottle , rubbing it every single way..."

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Who could have thought that out of Christina, Lindsey, Britney, and Charlie, Britney is the one who looks the sanest and the most on track with her life?
    I wouldn't say that this makes Britney look the most on-track with her life.
    After all, she is a ward of the court and has a guardian. I would think it would be easier to make her look good when she is not the one making decisions about her life. It makes the court and her dad look good though. Maybe they all need guardians?
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    They said she wasn't right since her comeback CD kind of bombed and when she broke up with her hubs, which pretty much happened on top of each other.
    And she started dating the BF almost immediately after and said it wasn't a rebound romance. Uh, sure.

NONE of them are SANE!!
    I think most of them have been told for so long that they're so special and talented that they have trouble dealing with grownup things on their own.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    So this is what Pink meant in her tweet earlier today.

Out of Myself, Britney, and Christina- didn't everyone think I was gonna be the troublemaker? LOOK MA!!! No CUFFS!!!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Disney needs it's own rehab facility, then it could still be making money off of these former stars.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And she started dating the BF almost immediately after and said it wasn't a rebound romance. Uh, sure.

I think most of them have been told for so long that they're so special and talented that they have trouble dealing with grownup things on their own.
    Entertainers and athletes. They hear how great they are all day long, they start to believe it. Then real life stuff happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    So this is what Pink meant in her tweet earlier today.
    Out of Myself, Britney, and Christina- didn't everyone think I was gonna be the troublemaker? LOOK MA!!! No CUFFS!!!
    Yay, Pink!

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    After her Super Bowl flub, I kept hearing that she has a drinking problem. Now this confirms it...

vCash
    How sad. She was one of the few I thought had it together.

vCash
    so she was basically in the drunk tank?

okay that's all fine when you're in your early 20s, but she's in her 30s right? that divorce really did a number on her. she always seemed so well put-together, more so than her contemporaries at least.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Yay, Pink!
    Pink is so funny. She tweets about going to the grocery store with her husband and it's like "Who are you, again?"

I think she just got all her crazy out her system before she became famous. I've always thought she was pretty level-headed and together.

Anyway, y'all need to cheer up a bit about those young celebs; the news isn't all bad.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Yeah, I mean, our culture generally lets things like this slide if you're under 25 or so...but when you're in your thirties and have a kid...no.

Christina has been a hot mess all year. The album tanked, Burlesque tanked (I actually liked it for what it was...) the Super Bowl flub, the Grammy flub, her divorce...eh. There have been rumors of her being a borderline alcoholic for several months, but she's always been so put together in terms of her personal life, so I didn't believe it, but this does confirm something is up. Apparently she and her boyfriend weren't even out clubbing or partying, they got drunk of some bottles of wine at an upscale restaurant that night.

Anyway, y'all need to cheer up a bit about those young celebs; the news isn't all bad.
    Natalie Portman has always been a class act. She might say things that come off as somewhat pretentious occasionally, but she seems like an incredibly nice and intelligent person.

vCash
    I just wanted to point out Britney never got arrested, so Pink, fact check. Especially since you called yourself a Britney fan.

And honestly, I try not to say mean things about these celebs having public melt downs like this. Yes it is beyond obvious something is wrong with a lot of them - but to me it is not funny nor amusing. I hope they can all find the help they need and work through this. I am a serious advocate for those suffering from mental disorders so I try to not to poke fun at anyone's misfortunes anymore. That is just me personally.

I also believe that the "you're famous you asked for it" argument is a complete load of crap... you can mentally prepare yourself for something all you want (death, fame, etc), but when it comes right down to it happening it's different and not what you expected, and things don't always go as planned. I'm probably going to get crap for that statement, so be it.

Britney is going to be featured in V magazine (on news stands tomorrow) and she was asked if she was ever prepared for fame. She said as a little girl she knew she wanted to perform and be on stage, but since she was so young she never quite understood fame, what it was, and what would come with it. Just thought that was an interesting statement and something to think about. Most of these girls became famous at a very young age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    Natalie Portman has always been a class act. She might say things that come off as somewhat pretentious occasionally, but she seems like an incredibly nice and intelligent person.
    Yeah, like when she said the recession was an exciting time because it forced everyone to cut back, and people losing their jobs meant they would be able to be focused on finding something that truly excited them.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    When she goes to court, is she going to say to the judge, "I [wasn't] myself [that] night?"
    Last edited by Cyn; 03-02-2011 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    so she didn't really do anything bad, right? other than get in a car with a person who had been drinking.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    According to an AP article, her boyfriend registered .09, slightly above the legal limit. The LA County spokesperson said:

She was arrested on suspicion of being publicly drunk, but Whitmore says it was out of concern for her safety and she won't be prosecuted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    so she didn't really do anything bad, right? other than get in a car with a person who had been drinking.
    She didn't do anything that they will prosecute. However, she was held for public drunkeness to bascially sober up. A friend drove her home.

Bad is a matter of opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast