What an OTT, oversold mess Casey delivered. Steven and Jennifer should love it.
Clint Jun Gamboa
What an OTT, oversold mess Casey delivered. Steven and Jennifer should love it.
Casey is great here, but its more of a great Vegas showroom act kind of great.
I love me some Casey.. he is an ARTIST
"“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner
casey growled at me too much.
the only one i liked was james, surprisingly. ugh, if that's the best the guys have to offer...
Jordan sounds even worse on the replay.
James, Scotty and Casey get my votes this week.
I add Casey to my list of wanting to hear again. Oh, I forgot Judas Priest boy. He can go through.
Robbie is even worse on the replay.
Scott, James and Clint for me. Casey I'm not sure what to make of but I guess I'm curious to see him again.
"Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer
The best thing about tonight's AI is that it is immediately followed by a new episode of Raising Hope. Yay!
"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!
Casey isn't sexy to me, JLo. But then again she is married to the homely Marc Anthony.
I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.
I hate James' screeching....HATE IT....and yet tonight, it worked. Like, 100%, it worked. I can't believe I liked that.
Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
1. Clint Jun Gamboa – Superstition by Stevie Wonder - I can't stand him...he's a little weasel but he did a pretty good job..was karioke in parts
2. Jovany Barreto – I’ll Be by Edwin McCain - just ugh
3. Jordan Dorsey – OMG by Usher - double ugh..at least Jovany is sorta hot
4. Tim Halperin – Streetcorner Symphony (Come On Over) (Rob Thomas) - he was one of my frontrunners but this was a mess
5. Brett Loewenstern – Light My Fire – Doors - I love his personality but it was a very uneven performance & the headtossing has got to go
6. James Durbin – You Got Another Think Comin’ by Judas Priest - I'm not really a fan (he's a little bombastic) but he did this song justice
7. Robbie Rosen – Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan - zzzzzzz
8. Scott McCreery – Letters From Home – John Michael Montgomery - I hate this style of country music so I was bored, good voice though
9. Stefano Langone – Just The Way You Are – (Bruno Mars) - I love this guy so I'm too biased to judge (OK it wasn't great but he looked pretty cute doing it)
10. Paul McDonald – Maggie Mae by Rod Steward - just ok, kind of weird
11. Jacob Lusk – House is Not a Home - agree with peibeck, he has a good voice but the way he arranges songs is really off-putting to me, I keep wanting to tell him to sing the song as written, at least part of the time, & slow down
12. Casey Abrams – I Put a Spell On You - I'm a fan so I liked it, plus gave him some slack because he's been sick
Wow! I think you guys are tough judges tonight. The trio of Steven,Jlo and Randy understandably drooled over almost all 12 guys to kick and hype up the first night of competition.
I personally enjoyed the mix of ballad, today's and 60's pop, R/B, little bit of country and rock and roll blues even but I thought the last 8th did so much better than the first four. Who stands out for me? James the rocker, the corky guy who sang a Rod Stewart who reminds me of kenny Loggins and Jacob Lusk who made me clap my hands with his lovely rendition of a "house is not a home" my dog Rosco actually gave me a puzzled, wtf look . Tonight Jacob has shown that he's a serious contender for this year's AI title. I expect the producers to give him kickass songs to show his huge talent.
Casey is ok not that good but you just know he's going to make the final 6 or 7. Am I the only one who over Stefano's rendition of "just the way you are" better than Bruno Mar's imo.
Ok now girls, Let's bring it on!
It was kind of disappointing after hearing spoiler reports.
1. Clint -- nothing special and it seemed karaoke to me. He's not going to make up for it in the looks and personality department.
2. Jovany -- I don't know why he was even in the top 24. Pretty meh.
3. Jordan -- Huh? Why would he choose a song that he knows doesn't suit him?
4. Tim - I have no idea why he chose that song. Dumb choice. He does have a nice voice.
5. Brett -- He can sing, but this song choice made no sense. He does not have the stage presence for this song. He needed a few more years to mature before being on the show.
6. James -- The use of the word "organic" and "natural" to describe him makes no sense to me. He totally seems like he's playing a role to me. The tail is dorky. But there's no question he'll be in the top 12/13.
7. Robbie -- Not a good song choice. He had pitch problems and his phrasing was pretty bad. It was like he had no idea what lyrics he was singing. I'm not sure what Steven and Jennifer were listening to. I hope he doesn't get sympathy votes because of Randy's comments.
8. Scott - It makes no sense for a kid to be singing these lyrics. Considering what his voice is like, I wish they had waited a couple of years to have him on the show, but there's no question he will be around for a while. And maybe if he goes through, they won't feel like they have to give a wild card slot to one of the other high school kids.
9. Stefano -- No. He didn't sing this as well as Bruno Mars does, especially with the high notes. (You could see Jennifer's reaction when he had a particularly bad note.) But, I think he did well enough that the cuteness will put him into the top 5 guys. He really doesn't have any competition in the eye-candy department.
10. Paul -- He's an odd one, which is good at this stage, and I think he'd make things more interesting. I also like his taste in music. I'm not sure how far he'd go, but I hope he makes it into the top 12/13.
11. Jacob -- Really not my cup of tea -- like the gospel choir boy has gone to Vegas -- but he's got real talent. He'll be in the top 13 no matter what.
12. Casey -- I never would have guessed that he had just come from the hospital. I don't think he's got the best voice in the competition, but I think he offers something different and interesting. Too bad he didn't go with the bass.
I think Clint, Jovany, Brett, Tim, Robbie, and Jordan blew it with their performances and/or song choices. I'm thinking that we will see Jacob, Scott, James, and Stefano go though, and it will be a battle for that last spot and the wild card(s) between Paul, Casey, Tim, and the high school boys. Maybe I'll change my mind if the women don't put me to sleep and sing well tomorrow, but right now I'm hoping that Jacob, Paul, Casey, James, Scott, Stefano, and Tim all go through. It's a good variety of singers, whereas a lot of the women are kind of blurred together in my mind and I don't like a lot of their song choices.
Brett is tonight's pick at Vote For The Worst. They list multiple back-up picks if he should go.
To me, tonight was Brett's worst performance. He's done some great rock vocals with his other performances, but tonight he picked a mid-tempo number and did some quite strange phrasing. I think it's great that people "be themselves", but if you wanna be a rocker, you gotta be at least somewhat masculine. Remember that Billy Squier killed his career with just ONE music video...
I'm not on the Jacob Lusk train at ALL. That said, tonight was my favourite performance of his. He toned it done (relatively speaking!) from previous performances. But Randy's comment that Jacob's "God Bless The Child" was one of the best AI performances ever...PLEASE!!! It wouldn't even make my top 100. I'd take everything Nikki McKibbin did over anything by Jacob. And JLo saying Jacob is the new Luther Vandross. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!
By the way, if you want to see a GOOD performance of "A House Is Not A Home" on AI, it's by Tamyra Gray (and this was the point in the competition when she was losing her voice):
Last edited by PeterG; 03-02-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Colour me displeased when a jumping bean comes out of nowhere and grabs the Olympic Gold Medal.