Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I believe this could be a link to what people are talking about:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4110166_n.jpg

Short hair never worked for Cohen, in my opinion.
    Laura Bush on ice.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I believe this could be a link to what people are talking about:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4110166_n.jpg

Short hair never worked for Cohen, in my opinion.
    WOW. HORRIBLE!!!

vCash
    Why is it that figure skaters who get their hair cut short always get such unflattering styles? There are gorgeous, fashionable short cuts- but never - it seems in the land of figure skating.

vCash
    Maria Butyrskaya comes to mind when I think of flattering short hair on figure skaters. But she seems to be the exception. I think the spectrum from good to bad should be Maria Butryskaya and Maria Petrova. Julia Sebestyen would be closer to Petrova I think.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    She's got granny hair.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Why is it that figure skaters who get their hair cut short always get such unflattering styles? There are gorgeous, fashionable short cuts- but never - it seems in the land of figure skating.
    I don't know, but she looks like a gymnast from the 70s - not good. Honestly I think only a very few people can carry off short hair (like Michelle Williams or Carey Mulligan). The only skater who looked remotely OK with short hair was Sarah Hughes and that's pushing it. I don't like when the hair flops around, but if it's too short it doesn't look good either. Even in the old days when short hair was rampant, it didn't look good, even on everyone from Debi Thomas to Sydne Vogel to Jill Trenary to Julia Sebestyen.

This reminds me of a skating novel I read in the 80s. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. But in it, there was a high level skater whose coach forced her to "cut it off" after she spent too much time messing with her ponytail. Basically the novel showed the sacrifices that skaters make. I don't know if this kind of thing happened in real life or just the novel but perhaps it can explain why so many skaters used to have short hair back then. I think that now, the glamour of long hair is too important, especially in ice dancing, for most to consider short hair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    She's got granny hair.
    seriously! + soccer mom.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Two words: Dorothy Hamill.

vCash
    I just wonder how do former skaters like Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipninski make a living now? They don't seem to work for a living. You have to make money to live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I just wonder how do former skaters like Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipninski make a living now? They don't seem to work for a living. You have to make money to live.
    Both seem to do commentary/volunteer work. At least Lipinski does commentary for Universal Sports, and she'll be doing Worlds as well (I asked her in a tweet and she responded (!) yes)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Laura Bush on ice.
    More like Barbra Bush.

vCash
    Sasha, the dress is worse than the hair, but the hair's at least awful.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The dress is OK and at least she can take it off. But the hair...she is stuck with that for a good while.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Both seem to do commentary/volunteer work. At least Lipinski does commentary for Universal Sports, and she'll be doing Worlds as well (I asked her in a tweet and she responded (!) yes)
    I didn't realize that Sarah is doing commentary now. I must have missed it.I know she occasionally blogs for Ice Network.

vCash
    Eeek... what a matronly hairdo! So frumpy looking. Why not a bob or a spiked haircut if she wanted something short?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    I do not think Sasha intended to give the (false) impression she was enrolled in a class offered by Harvard. The class she took is part of a program commonly referred to as "New York Film Academy at Harvard" and, IIRC, reporters writing about what she did that summer used that title, which in itself is a bit confusing.
    I don't think so either. And some of the posts here come rather close to snarking on Cohen just for the sake of snarking- big surprize
    rather than focusing on the positive-which is that Sasha's going to college.

Anyway, back OT I'm happy Cohen is considering furthering her education.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Good god, that's worse than Rachael's Sally Brown 'do. That's Dorothy Hamill meets 1981 Roz Sumners. Fugly cut, very un Sasha like.
    ITA. She looks middle aged with that do imo.

Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    People snark because she doesn't go to college, then snark when she says she's taking courses. Why is it so difficult to believe she's pursuing a degree? People do it online all the time.
    Well it's the thread is about Cohen. Sasha haterz just can't help themselves. They'll always snark about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Because that would be admitting that she might actually be doing something that would meet with their approval, and some of them can't bear that thought.
    Well put.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I didn't realize that Sarah is doing commentary now. I must have missed it.I know she occasionally blogs for Ice Network.
    Oh sorry, I realize the language may have been confusing. I meant commentary for Ice Network (as well as written blogs- she hosted some BTS video segments for them at Nationals if I'm not mistaken).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    The dress is OK and at least she can take it off. But the hair...she is stuck with that for a good while.
    it's like a hat made out of little chocolate muffins
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    little chocolate muffins
    Ok, now I'm hungry.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast