Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Sasha is currently performing in the U.S. Stars on Ice tour that runs through April 9th.

Here's a recent article (Feb. 16): http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-...smucker-s-tour
    Thanks for posting the article!

Good on Sasha for wanting to finish her undergrad studies. Quite diverse interests, and that's great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Thanks for posting the article!

Good on Sasha for wanting to finish her undergrad studies. Quite diverse interests, and that's great!
    uhh... when did Sasha begin her undergrad studies? Her quote make it sound like she's halfway through or something, which can't be the case...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    uhh... when did Sasha begin her undergrad studies? Her quote make it sound like she's halfway through or something, which can't be the case...
    I don't know. I just remember reading about her interest in NYU not that she actually enrolled.

Good on Sasha just the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    She could've been doing it quietly on the side. Usually you can enroll in 1 or 2 classes online and work from there, or if you're a good student, you can take all your hours online (online classes are very difficult). So maybe she was taking the full load (about 12 - 16 hours ish), but whatever the case, she probably was doing them online.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I don't know. I just remember reading about her interest in NYU not that she actually enrolled.

Good on Sasha just the same.
    She also went to an acting class "at Harvard" which was just a class that rented a building on the Harvard campus. I'm skeptical about anything Sasha claims to be finishing.

vCash
    I was always skeptical of stuff Cohen said during her career, but I think that might be taking it a LITTLE too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    She also went to an acting class "at Harvard" which was just a class that rented a building on the Harvard campus. I'm skeptical about anything Sasha claims to be finishing.
    Well what's wrong with taking an acting class? And so what if it was in some rented building at Harvard?

I took an adult ballet class at my local community college when I found out it was offered there. It was fun and I got college credit for it too.

I think it's cool to try new things, and if Sasha enjoyed it then more power to her. I've also read she took some cooking classes. Nothing wrong with that either.

And I guess Cohen will have to pose with her diploma one day to silence the naysayers. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    She could've been doing it quietly on the side. Usually you can enroll in 1 or 2 classes online and work from there, or if you're a good student, you can take all your hours online (online classes are very difficult). So maybe she was taking the full load (about 12 - 16 hours ish), but whatever the case, she probably was doing them online.
    That's a possibility too. I've taken online courses and they're a godsend especially if you work full time (or travel a fair bit like Cohen seems to).

enjoying neverland.
    vCash
    hmm, didn't even get through page 1 of a sasha thread without mention of the kween--ah FSU, with all the uncertainty in the world, at leas I know I can count on you to never disappoint when it comes to the kween

anyways, back on subject--Sasha'sSpins, what I think (?) leafygreens was getting at (by all means correct me if I'm wrong) was not that anything was "wrong" with sasha taking an acting class that rented out a building at Harvard. but that she presented it at the time as if she were enrolled in a class offered by Harvard itself.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsalicious View Post
    anyways, back on subject--Sasha'sSpins, what I think (?) leafygreens was getting at (by all means correct me if I'm wrong) was not that anything was "wrong" with sasha taking an acting class that rented out a building at Harvard. but that she presented it at the time as if she were enrolled in a class offered by Harvard itself.
    Exactly, that's what I was getting at.

vCash
    It was a very nice article on Sasha. I saw her skate on SOI and she is a very graceful and elegant skater. I am glad she is touring and it gives people who like her skating a chance to see her. She can skate until her body tells her it is time to not tour as much.

She is still young and she has time to take classes as time goes on. I think she will do fine and wish her the best in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsalicious View Post
    I do not think Sasha intended to give the (false) impression she was enrolled in a class offered by Harvard. The class she took is part of a program commonly referred to as "New York Film Academy at Harvard" and, IIRC, reporters writing about what she did that summer used that title, which in itself is a bit confusing.

vCash
    Sasha got her hair cut! There's a picture on the SOI Facebook page.

It looks a little too much like Rachael's, to my mind -- not the exact same style, but just the general effect. I hope this isn't going to be a trend among the skaters.

But I guess a girl's gotta try something different every once in a while. It was cute the last time she cut it short, though on the whole I think it looks better long.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Ugh, I don't like her hair short (or generally speaking, for the most part).

ETA: Had a look at the pic. She just instantly aged 30 years.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh no she didn't.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I was at the SOI meet & greet in Boston tonight and we got to meet Sasha, Joannie and Todd. I too prefer Sasha with longer hair, and agree that short hair makes her look older, but she can pull off short hair better than most women. Her makeup was gorgeous as always. There was a fan there who had long dreadlocks, and Sasha told her she wants to wear her hair like that one day. She did add that she loves it short, however. Whenever Sasha has had short hair in the past, it always seemed to be ponytail length again in about 6 months (and not from extensions, either.) Her hair must grow very fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Oh no she didn't.
    I like Sasha better with longer hair too

vCash
    I believe this could be a link to what people are talking about:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4110166_n.jpg

Short hair never worked for Cohen, in my opinion.

vCash
    I believe this could be a link to what people are talking about:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4110166_n.jpg

Short hair never worked for Cohen, in my opinion.
    Good god, that's worse than Rachael's Sally Brown 'do. That's Dorothy Hamill meets 1981 Roz Sumners. Fugly cut, very un Sasha like.

People snark because she doesn't go to college, then snark when she says she's taking courses. Why is it so difficult to believe she's pursuing a degree? People do it online all the time.

vCash
    I'm so sad she cut her hair!!! I love her, but the short hair isn't flattering at all imo. Why, Sasha, why??!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    People snark because she doesn't go to college, then snark when she says she's taking courses. Why is it so difficult to believe she's pursuing a degree? People do it online all the time.
    Because that would be admitting that she might actually be doing something that would meet with their approval, and some of them can't bear that thought.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast