Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Would someone even with high-functioning Asperger's be able to act, though? I think my cousin has it as well and he's just clueless as all get-out when it comes to people and emotions and things like that. Brilliantly intelligent, though.

It's possible that he shuts down just in large groups of people. I can see a lot of people doing that. Like me.
    Leann Hunley, who acted in Dawson's Creek, is said to have Asperger's. Also rumored to have it are Tim Burton, Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates.

List of famous people who may have AS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Leann Hunley, who acted in Dawson's Creek, is said to have Asperger's. Also rumored to have it are Tim Burton, Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates.
    One of my students from my student teaching was certainly high functioning. He was an incredible performer when he could pretend to be someone else. But if he had to be himself (present a paper, read a paragraph), he could not do it at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    One of my students from my student teaching was certainly high functioning. He was an incredible performer when he could pretend to be someone else. But if he had to be himself (present a paper, read a paragraph), he could not do it at all.
    Aspie's just think differently; they surely don't think wrong. Some of them are clearly brilliant people.

vCash
    Just thought I'd pop in and say how nice it was to see some crows feet on the red carpet. People are lightening up on the botox, FINALLY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Perhaps maybe you should see the film that won Best Director before making comments like above. Just a thought.
    Um, that's why I qualified it by saying I did not see Colin firth's performance and was probably biased because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I wonder if Franco has some kind of eye disorder -- the eyelids mostly closed, most of the time, is pretty creepy.

I did feel sorry for Hathaway -- Franco is a lot of extra weight to haul around. Whatever he got paid for hosting was way, way too much.
    I think that some actors are not comfortable in front of live audiences. Not all actors start out on the stage, like Hathaway did. She grew up at the Papermill Play house in Millburn NJ. But, it seemed it was more than nerves for Franco, he seemed stoned. That could easily explain the half closed eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Just thought I'd pop in and say how nice it was to see some crows feet on the red carpet. People are lightening up on the botox, FINALLY!
    It was nice to see that Nicole Kidman's eyebrows have not hit her hairline yet!

vCash
    I actually liked Franco better than Hathaway. At least he acted like a grownup, albeit a stoned grownup. She was shrieking and giggling like some high schooler who won a "Host the Oscars" contest. That got really old after about the first half-hour.

Hated Gwyneth's dress, and her singing was vile. Why did that song even get nominated? Hated Cate Blanchett's dress and Annette Bening's too. I hope Nicole Kidman has returned those curtains to the hotel she stole them from. Loved most of Hathaway's dresses when I had the mute button on Loved the F-bomb and Randy Newman.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'm still PML over Allezfred's comment on Scarlett's bordello wallpaper dress
    Haven't seen the ceremony yet but as far as dresses are concerned my vote goes to Sandra Bullock. I'd actually save Mila Kunis' lilac frills and I also thought Camila Alves looked stunning along Hillary Swank. Penelope's choice was uh, cheap IMO.

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    _______ has pictures of someone important at a donkey show in tijuana
    A new rep level?
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Hated Gwyneth's dress, and her singing was vile. Why did that song even get nominated?
    As I mentioned, she was better in the movie -- but not many people saw the movie, so it's too bad most people will remember only that horrible performance. (And even so, that wasn't the best song in the movie, so I'm really not sure why they picked it.)

She does have one odd trick that she does in every performance of it -- that thing where she stalls on the middle consonants in certain words. (It's almost like the way I was taught to pronounce double consonants in Italian -- maybe that's why I noticed it!) "After all of my ruNNNin', I'm finally coMMMin' . . ." Sounds weird to me, but she does it every. Single. Time. It's like someone ordered her to do it that way and by golly, she's going to do it or bust.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I actually liked Franco better than Hathaway. At least he acted like a grownup, albeit a stoned grownup. She was shrieking and giggling like some high schooler who won a "Host the Oscars" contest. That got really old after about the first half-hour.
    I thought Franco and Hathaway were equally bad. Franco seemed brain dead and Hathaway seemed like a four-year old screaming, "Look at me, daddy!" I don't think the problem is that they are young (especially since considering their youth, the material was extremely old fashioned), I think it was rather that their talents aren't catered to this type of gig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    The only win I'm irked about is Hooper winning Best Director. Blah to the Blah. Worst directing win since Ron Howard's.
    Agreed. There were better candidates for BD. Also, playing Colin Firth's speech while the best picture nominees were being shown was totally inappropriate (even though I loved the movie King's speech and the speech itself), and disrespectful to the other nominees.

vCash

Hated Gwyneth's dress, and her singing was vile. Why did that song even get nominated? Hated Cate Blanchett's dress and Annette Bening's too. I hope Nicole Kidman has returned those curtains to the hotel she stole them from. Loved most of Hathaway's dresses when I had the mute button on Loved the F-bomb and Randy Newman.
    I couldn't help noticing how good looking Franco is.

I loved most dresses at this year's Oscars, with very few exceptions. LOL about your comment on Kidman's dress though. I wish Hathaway had not made it like a fashion parade of her dresses.

vCash
    The problem with the hosts is that now everyone wants to come up with clever ideas to make the Oscars all about them. Billy Crystal (whose hosting of the Oscars is IMO SO overrated) got so much praise that now every host wants to be the next Billy Crystal.

If it were up to me, I'd change the entire broadcast. The hosts and presenters would do just that: host and present. Spare us the long, detailed opening, the cutesy skits and monologues. The majority of people watch the Oscars to see the fashion, and to see who wins the major categories: Lead Actor/Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Song, Best Director, and Best Picture. These would be the only live presentations. For all the others, a presenter would name the nominations (who are shown on-screen), and then announce the winner--who is spotlighted on stage with Oscar already in hand, allowed to wave, and then we move on to the next. I say have 2-3 of these, then two of the live presentations, etc. For entertainment, shortened versions of nominated songs are sung, and montages of deceased stars and/or past winners/ceremonies shown.

The telecast would be 90 - 120 minutes max.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i say let duane host it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Same here.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Local TV morning show picked Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, Melissa Leo, Marissa Tomei, and HBC as Worst-Dressed.

Best dressed are Mila Kunis, Jennifer Hudson, Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway (orange/red dress from red carpet).
    TWoP picked Amy Adams as one of the best....which I don't get. She is such a beautiful girl, and I thought when I saw her in that short sleeved blue thing that it did absolutely nothing for her. Well, when do short sleeves on a gown with sparkles ever do anything for anybody? Don't like them personally. All I saw was bright blue in a matronly shape. Her delicate face and coloring were totally overhwelmed. Just shows one woman's taste is another woman's tacky.

I did really love the bright blue dress Anne wore late in the show-the one that really shown. It complimented her coloring perfectly and was well cut and fit her like a glove.

Didn't like Lawrence's boob-sling either. Just looked like a very very long red workout tee and had nothing special about it. But TWoP thought that was a "best" as well. I kept waiting for her straps to stretch and her boobs to fall out. Those were little straps to hold up some major tah-tahs!

vCash
    IMHo worst dressed was Annette Benning. What the hell was that?

vCash
    I loved the way Beyonce looked.
    Because she wasn't there .
    Last edited by Rex; 02-28-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought it was dull and boring with a really dumb script. They really need a comedian so there will be at least a few funny ad-libs. I didn't think any of the songs were memorable - that part generally saves it for me, but not this year. At least it was short. ITA that the Robert Downey Jr. Jude Law bit was the highlight of the evening.

I loved the dresses of Helen Mirren, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow. Didn't like Scarlett Johannson, Nicole Kidman (tablecloth with napkins), Helena Bonham Carter (who almost always looks bizarre), Cate Blanchett. I am not done with watching the Red Carpet show though (taped it). I loved Jennifer Hudson's dress on her, but I would like it in a green, blue or bronze color better.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    She was shrieking and giggling like some high schooler who won a "Host the Oscars" contest. That got really old after about the first half-hour.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who's unimpressed by Hathaway. She's one of the most blah actresses around; I really don't get the fuss over her. That horsey smile and simpering personality of hers leave me over why she's frequently called the next Audrey Hepburn.

She's also been cast as the next Catwoman which is yet another WTF! casting decision. With Mila Kunis finally making some big waves with Black Swan, you'd think she would be more of an ideal choice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast