Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    Feeding it to your babies is one thing, but I imagine sick, weird, kinky adults doing God knows what with this - ick. I guess I saw too much breast milk fetish stuff through an ex-friend of mine...not my gig.
    They'd have to be bosom buddies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I'm not 100% vegan, but I have switched cow's milk for almond milk, and it is I can drink it plain and unsweetened, which I never did with cow's milk, yuck.

And I just had ice cream made from coconut milk and cashews last weekend. Delicious.
    I prefer almond milk too. I tried coconut milk too after having coconut milk ice cream that was delicious.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Cow's milk is meant to feed baby cows; human breast milk is meant to feed baby humans. But ice cream made from the former is yummy and ice cream made from the latter is

People are weird .
    I don't think so. My theory is that there is an innate ewww factor when it comes to other people's bodily secretions (unless we are close to them ) because, let's face it, they are a potential source of contagion.

And when it comes to animals, there are far less serious pathogens we can catch from theirs, in terms of bugs jumping species. One exception is of course Creutzfeldt-Jakob aka mad cow but that's pretty recent in terms of evolutionary development.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Note to self: don't read FSU while eating lunch
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Note to self: don't read FSU while eating lunch
    How do you expect to keep abreast of news like this if you don't?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    How do you expect to keep abreast of news like this if you don't?
    I think I'd rather be an ignorant boob
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Cow's milk is meant to feed baby cows; human breast milk is meant to feed baby humans. But ice cream made from the former is yummy and ice cream made from the latter is
    How about ice cream made from milk of other mammals?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I don't like goat's milk or cheese--too gamey for me. But I've never had camel's milk and would be open to trying it, unless of course it is gamey too.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    But I've never had camel's milk and would be open to trying it, unless of course it is gamey too.
    I've never had camel's milk but have eaten camel meat. It's delicious and not gamy at all, at least I didn't think so.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I don't like goat's milk or cheese--too gamey for me. But I've never had camel's milk and would be open to trying it, unless of course it is gamey too.
    According to people I know who have tried it, it's grainy and has a very strong taste. I have yet to hear anything good about camel's milk.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    According to people I know who have tried it, it's grainy and has a very strong taste. I have yet to hear anything good about camel's milk.
    In that case, perhaps ice cream from camel's milk may be too strong for my persnickety palate. I can't even eat lamb, although I do like some sheep and cow's mixed milk-based cheeses. I had one from Corsica that was

If you are ever in San Francisco, there is an amazing cheese specialty store on the corner of Polk and Pacific, although I see they have a new owner and wonder if it's the same quality as before. I remember buying an exceedingly stinky and delicious munster there. My husband said either he or the munster must go. You could smell it even when wrapped tightly and inside the fridge. No problem, the munster went into my stomach.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-25-2011 at 09:20 PM.

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    If you are ever in San Francisco, there is an amazing cheese specialty store on the corner of Polk and Pacific, although I see they have a new owner and wonder if it's the same quality as before. I remember buying an exceedingly stinky and delicious munster there. My husband said either he or the munster must go. You could smell it even when wrapped tightly and inside the fridge. No problem, the munster went into my stomach.
    Mmmm, cheese. There are very few cheeses I don't like.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I think I'd rather be an ignorant boob
    Tit for tat.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Mmmm, cheese. There are very few cheeses I don't like.
    The only ones I don't like are goat. Everything else is fair game.

Btw, where did you get your siggy? Don't tell me one of your students wrote that...

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Btw, where did you get your siggy? Don't tell me one of your students wrote that...
    It was written by a student, although it wasn't my student. It came from either Shit My Students Write or They Said Wut?, I forget which.

I neither own nor have contributed writing samples to those sites, I swear.

People think we make this stuff up and college students couldn't possibly write such things, but......yeah. There are reasons English teachers whine so much.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I used to have a collection of things written in medical charts. It was hysterical. Here's one Tinami would love: "indwelling catheter draining urine the color of American beer".

Those sites you linked are , thanks!
    "I have always considered myself to be a good writer sence I have made exemplatory grades in other writing classes I’ve taking in the pass."
    Kruger and Dunning were right!
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-25-2011 at 10:34 PM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Ice cream that tastes good and also boost your immune system. I'm sold!

vCash
    It was written by a student, although it wasn't my student. It came from either Shit My Students Write or They Said Wut?, I forget which.

I neither own nor have contributed writing samples to those sites, I swear.

People think we make this stuff up and college students couldn't possibly write such things, but......yeah. There are reasons English teachers whine so much.
    We read "A Farewell to Arms" in my junior year at private school and some boy wrote in his paper "He only got with Catherine because he wanted to tap that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I love goat's milk cheese so the milk minus cheese would probably be good too.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Wasn't there a thread here a year or so ago featuring an article about someone, maybe PETA, suggesting that Ben &Jerrys use breast milk in their production?!

I wonder if the mothers have to stay away from foods like garlic and broccoli. Maybe their babies eventually get use to it, but who wants ice cream with a hint of garlic?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast