Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Validation
    vCash

caydee

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I wouldn't say Denney is "fairly limited" in jumping ability. Girl could do a solid triple lutz and triple flip when she was skating singles.
    Very true..could is the operative word...not today.... and skating with Delilah won't make it any better. No pairs teams can jump in Colorado. And you would think they could get the coaching there. I guess tom z and big D don;t like each other.

vCash
    After seeing a photo of Jeremy's injury, I'm not surprised. It looked pretty bad. Anyway, best wishes to both of them. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Who is a potential partner? It would be interesting if we hear Marley/Brubaker decided to end their fledgling partnership as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Wonder if she has a secret deal worked out with Drew Meekins.
    Sounds terrible!

Unfortunate that Caydee and Jeremy did not get to skate their final competition at 4CC as planned. I hope that both of them are happy with what they've accomplished in their career. They have a pretty impressive record for a team that only skated three years together.

vCash
    Wow. Sorry to sound like an echo, but I TOTALLY did not see that coming.

I do hope Caydee can find a partner and keep going.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    FYI: I heard that Jeremy was retiring after 4CC anyway so I don't think that his injury had anything to do with it. I wish they had been able to skate one last time though. Best wishes to both of them in whatever comes next in their respective careers.
    I'm glad to hear that the injury didn't force his decision - although yes, I wish they could have had one final competition.

Glad that Evora/Ladwig aren't planning to retire anytime soon. They are having the best successes of their careers, so I don't know why people would assume they would retire.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    No problem. And for the record, I love all the US pairs teams too although I do like one of the pairs more than the others, LOL
    I, for the record, really like Amanda and Mark too. I'm so happy for their success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    Very true..could is the operative word...not today.... and skating with Delilah won't make it any better. No pairs teams can jump in Colorado. And you would think they could get the coaching there. I guess tom z and big D don;t like each other.
    Wait, what? Jumping may be the least of Denney's concerns. She's a pair skater, so not having a triple lutz/flip really doesn't matter.

vCash
    I'm shocked & saddened by this news, but I wish BOTH of them all the best in their futures.

vCash
    And this is just my opinion from following Amanda & Mark for the majority of their career, but they absolutely love skating and everything that goes with it (training, competing, traveling, etc). I think as long as they could somehow make it work financially and personally, they were going to keep skating even through all their earlier rough times. It may have just been the fangirl in me back when I first saw them, but I always thought they had what it took to make it onto the US Nats podium. I get a goofy grin on my face now watching them see all their dreams come true. It's so cool to read all the nice comments people have written about them these last few years and I know they appreciate all that fan support too. I think they'll keep skating as long as it remains fun for them and I hope Caitlyn and John have that same mindset too.
    The pairs press conference at Nats is worth viewing - Amanda spoke long and thoughtfully when asked about future plans - summing up that she would always be involved in skating. I don't think Jeremy's plans would influence Amanda's as she skated pairs for awhile before when Jeremy was not competing, so this is nothing new for them. Amanda and Mark have nothing to lose (and everything to gain in my opinion) by continuing to compete for as long as they enjoy doing so.

As far as John and Caitlyn continuing, during practice sessions in Greensboro, I noticed their coach carrying around a binder to track their jump/element progress. On the cover was a graphic of the Olympic logo and "2014"....methinks they have their eyes on a prize.

vCash
    Not surprised at all. She seems like a very fair-weathered partner.
    And what would make you say this? Guessing? Because she fell on a jump?
    Have a Great Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsk8ter View Post
    And what would make you say this? Guessing? Because she fell on a jump?
    No, I'm only thinking of her history so far. Teaming up with Jeremy, dumping him after 4 months, moving to Colorado to try and skate singles, moving back to Florida (claiming she didn't like being split up from her family), her mom digging up Jeremy again, 3 years with Jeremy, one mediocre season and they split up, now on her way back to Colorado with potentially a new partner already set up.

vCash
    No, I'm only thinking of her history so far. Teaming up with Jeremy, dumping him after 4 months, moving to Colorado to try and skate singles, moving back to Florida (claiming she didn't like being split up from her family), her mom digging up Jeremy again, 3 years with Jeremy, one mediocre season and they split up, now on her way back to Colorado with potentially a new partner already set up.
    If you read what Heather wrote, though, they knew this was coming BEFORE Nationals, that 4CC was supposed to be their last competition. If they'd been planning this for a while, it's not shocking she might have a potential new partner waiting. Why wait and waste time trying to find someone if she's going to continue skating.

I just don't see how you reached your conclusion given that Jeremy is the one that wants to retire? Caydee's not dumping Jeremy, and I'm not saying Jeremy dumped Caydee either.

vCash
    So now, who is the U.S. World team?

Quadless
    vCash
    The same as it was before - Yankowkas & Coughlin and Evora & Ladwig.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I wouldn't say Denney is "fairly limited" in jumping ability. Girl could do a solid triple lutz and triple flip when she was skating singles.
    Haha, I know. Fairly limited compared to who exactly? Compared to Miki Ando or Agnes Zawadzki, then yes.

vCash
    I didn't think they would last to Sochi, myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If you read what Heather wrote, though, they knew this was coming BEFORE Nationals, that 4CC was supposed to be their last competition. If they'd been planning this for a while, it's not shocking she might have a potential new partner waiting. Why wait and waste time trying to find someone if she's going to continue skating.

I just don't see how you reached your conclusion given that Jeremy is the one that wants to retire? Caydee's not dumping Jeremy, and I'm not saying Jeremy dumped Caydee either.
    Well, as of pretty recently they were talking about aiming for Sochi. If Heather is right, I wonder what changed in recent months.

Also, I'm sure they would have gone to Worlds this year if they had made the team.

vCash
    Well, as of pretty recently they were talking about aiming for Sochi. If Heather is right, I wonder what changed in recent months.

Also, I'm sure they would have gone to Worlds this year if they had made the team.
    I'm sure they would have gone to Worlds, too....and then Jeremy would have announced his retirement. From what Heather has said, it sounds like at some point around Nats, Jeremy decided this would be his last season, however many comps after Nats that entailed.

Of course, they're not going to announce an impending split/retirement while they're still competing. If they did that, there's no way they would have made the World team (well, unless everyone else splatted and they blew everyone away) - the USFSA is not going to invest in a team (i.e. send to Worlds) that is on its way out. Of course, they would keep their future plans to themselves until their season was completely finished.

Yes, I know there is still the WTT, but since only 1 pair gets to go and they were 3rd in line, it's pretty unlikely they would be the U.S. rep.

vCash
    Now that we have had time to wrap our minds around his retirement.....who does D pair Caydee with in CO???? Can't think of who she has that is "available"--maybe she moves Knierim up to SR and tries that combo? Or does a David Leenen who is on IPS look to move to CO?? D has lots of teams right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ers View Post
    Now that we have had time to wrap our minds around his retirement.....who does D pair Caydee with in CO???? Can't think of who she has that is "available"--maybe she moves Knierim up to SR and tries that combo? Or does a David Leenen who is on IPS look to move to CO?? D has lots of teams right now.

When I spoke to Chris and Dalilah at Nationals, they were very excited about Andrea, and Dalilah said that Chris had finally found his match. So... I doubt that there would be a split there.

I'm wondering if Caydee would court someone like AJ Reiss, take a step back and compete on the JGP next season? It would give her time to develop with a new partner, and she could really make an impact at that level.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast