Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    She was inconsistent on her side by side jumps, yes, but so are most American and Canadian female pairs skaters it seems. She was still a good partner overall considering how much success they had at Nationals and on the Grand Prix.

I guess there are pros and cons to Rockne getting a new partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I'm sure Caydee will find another Partner. Providing her mother stays out of her busness. Caydee seems like someone anyone would take on.
    Trevor Young, put down that GMAT study guide young man and give Ms. Caydee a call. Pronto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Trevor Young, put down that GMAT study guide young man and give Ms. Caydee a call. Pronto!
    Tell Ms. Caydee to give Mr. Young a call.

vCash
    HAHAHAH! Yes, Caydee, an Olympian should pick up her phone right away to get a partner who has never broken top 10 at senior nationals. He'd be a good choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulaski73 View Post
    HAHAHAH! Yes, Caydee, an Olympian should pick up her phone right away to get a partner who has never broken top 10 at senior nationals. He'd be a good choice.
    Never count anyone out. Didn't Kyoko Ina pick John Zimmerman (who didn't have a lot of success IIRC) after she and Jason Dungjen broke up? I would say that Kyoko and John did do too badly!

vCash
    Yeah, I think Zimmerman actually finished last as senior Nationals one year with his partner before Stephanie Stiegler. 1995, I think.

vCash
    Well the guy is male, knows what a jump and a lift is ... throw in a crazy training schedule and an excellent coach and she's totally sorted ;-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulaski73 View Post
    Actually, Trevor and Becky finished 10th at Nats this year, so I'd say that qualifies as "broken top 10". But I suspect Trevor's retiring had nothing to do with Caydee's unavailability (at the time). From all accounts, he's ready to move on to the next phase of his life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Never count anyone out. Didn't Kyoko Ina pick John Zimmerman (who didn't have a lot of success IIRC) after she and Jason Dungjen broke up? I would say that Kyoko and John did do too badly!
    I guess it depends on your definition of success. John and Stephanie Stiegler were 4th at U.S. Nationals in '96 and 3rd in '97 and competed at Worlds in '97. They had to miss the '97-'98 season when Stephanie was injured. I would personally consider two national medals and World Team member not too shabby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of success. John and Stephanie Stiegler were 4th at U.S. Nationals in '96 and 3rd in '97 and competed at Worlds in '97. They had to miss the '97-'98 season when Stephanie was injured. I would personally consider two national medals and World Team member not too shabby.
    You are correct- I had completely forgotten that he skated with Steigler. I was referring to what another poster said about him being last in Sr. Pairs one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    You are correct- I had completely forgotten that he skated with Steigler. I was referring to what another poster said about him being last in Sr. Pairs one year.
    That's true, he was last in Seniors that year, but his partner was still quite young at the time (13?) and they had moved up straight from novice. I remember people were still pretty impressed with Zimmerman's potential that year, even with the last place, which I guess led the Stieglers to give him a call a little later on.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910