Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Exclamation Orser coming to Korea for first time since split

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/...20110222000591

The spokesman also added that Orser might have a chance during his stay to explain the reason behind his split with Kim.
    IMO, it would be better not to do it. Don't get me wrong. I mean just before the major competitions for his current and previous pupils making a noise in public is what coaches should try to avoid.

Hope it's not Brian's idea but I think hyenas already smelt their favorite menu.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I don't get it. Why would IMG world announce 'Orser might have a chance during his stay to explain the reason behind his split with Kim.'

Especially the reason behind his initial rounds of media blitz was supposed so that he didn't want to distract Adam and Christina from their competitions? And that he want nothing but the best for Yuna. Now he is advertising he is willing talk through his agent?

Christina is in Korea to compete, she should be the priority, not Brian.

If he truly feel like he want to talk (when the world have moved on), why not wait until the season is over? Particularly if he truly cared to have all the skater's interest at heart, it would seem to be the more sensible thing to do for a kind and wise coach.
    Last edited by os168; 02-22-2011 at 11:49 PM.

vCash
    I would bet money that Brian will not make any kind of statement regarding his split with YuNa. Water under the bridge, people have moved on. Sounds like Tabloid News to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    I would bet money that Brian will not make any kind of statement regarding his split with YuNa. Water under the bridge, people have moved on. Sounds like Tabloid News to me.
    I agree. I think that it's mere speculation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Christina is in Korea to compete, she should be the priority, not Brian.
    That's what I mean. And Yu-Na is preparing for the upcoming Worlds.

And I'm seriously worrying about the spokesman's interview. It will draw reporters' attention and make them to rain questions on the split.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I agree, there is no meat in this article, just speculation.

I was hoping for a comeback twitter like 'I will spill my guts in Korea, Y. It's already DECIDED.'

vCash
    Who's this "spokesman"?

vCash
    I think this is just a speculation. Though I'm really hoping that Brian will focus on coaching rather than talking to the media again.

vCash
    The media over there probably wants to ask him about the split. However, it is in everyone's best interest that if they prod him, he should just say "no comment" and move on. Otherwise, it's going to overshadow Christina and his job as her coach.
    Last edited by a56; 02-23-2011 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Coud you start teaching your skaters how to do axels, B?
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 02-23-2011 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    I think journalists will ask him anyway...hopefully he could just state it's over and don't need to speak again on that..

vCash
    What is there left to say? After the Olympics she moved on. That's pretty typical for an OGMist. What was different was that they sold their relationship to the press pre-Olympics, and when things went south they couldn't shut the media out.

vCash
    I'd have to believe that if he has any kind of PR advice that he's being told to say nothing but nice things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Coud you start teaching your skaters how to do axels, B?
    Yes PLEASE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    I think this is just a speculation. Though I'm really hoping that Brian will focus on coaching rather than talking to the media again.
    Unless he got paid for it.

vCash
    I doubt this is Orser’s idea, as I want to believe that he would know better.

But the IMG spokesman’s remarks in the article might not be just a speculation, as IMG has a long history of conflicts with Yu-Na and her ice shows. It’s possible they see this as the latest opportunity to create yet another controversy around Yu-Na and feed the hungry media. Remember last year IMG’s media blitz took place on the eve of ticketing launch for her LA show?

vCash
    I believe he will be asked about it, but he should not say much. It's in the past. JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    IMG has a long history of conflicts with Yu-Na and her ice shows. It’s possible they see this as the latest opportunity to create yet another controversy around Yu-Na and feed the hungry media. Remember last year IMG’s media blitz took place on the eve of ticketing launch for her LA show?
    OMG!1!!1!! Konspiracy !1!!1!

Seriously, do you understand anything about how agencies and management work? IMG has a lot bigger things to do than track Yu-Na's every move and think up ways to make her look bad. Or to tell their clients to make Yu-Na look bad.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I just want to wish good luck to Christina!

vCash
    http://news.sbs.co.kr/sports/section...id=N1000865755

> Brian Orser will arrive in Korea on Feb, 28 as a coach of Christina Gao.
    > Brian Orser side made their position clear that they had "No comment" on Yu-Na Kim.
    Hope Gao can medal here in Korea and get my flowers, as I gave her at JGPF in Tokyo, with beautiful and clean programs.
    This too will pass away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast