vCash

Ilynich/Bukin????

Does anyone know if these two were ever a team? I thought I read something like this and now can't find where it was. Does anyone have any information?

Were these two ever skating together? How were they? Why did they split up? More importantly - are any videos available of what they looked like?

It's an intriguing partnership to me. I saw Bukin on TV at JrGPF and he looked very good - better than his partner. I would have thought him and Elena would be a kind of dream team - but perhaps they just didnt suit each other. I'm curious about them - does anyone have any information or opinions?

vCash
    Yes, they were. It's on their ISU bios, and it was mentioned in the GS article about Stepanova/Bukin.

While I think Bukin is excellent, I don't see any reason to split such a promising team like I/K.

vCash
    According to some very unreliable source she briefly skated with Bukin in Svinin-Zhuk group before leaving to the USA. Taking she's just 16 now I reckon she skated with Bukin when she was around 13-14? Obviously, I have no idea how were they, why did they split up and 've never seen any videos.
    Oh, opinions? Well, yes, I think Ilinyh/Katsalapov are great together...

vCash
    Maybe I should clarify - I'm not knocking Katsalapov. What I meant is that she must have been skating with Bukin first, then left him for Kat - at least that is how I took it when I first read it. I was just wondering how/why Ilynikh/Bukin broke up, since they are both great dancers, and from what I saw of them [with different partners] would have been good together.

vCash
    She skated with Katsalapov first, as a kid. There are videos of them doing "Cats" FD on youtube, around 2003, I think. Then they split and parted ways, she briefly(?) skated in Svinin & Zhuk group (presumably with Bukin) and then moved to the USA to Shpilband & Zoueva (presumably without a partner). He skated with other partners in Russia. Then they reunited.

vCash
    Thanks Anya - now I've got the whole story

For being still so young I/K have had quite a career so far!

vCash
    Unreliable sources say Ilinykh skated with Bukin for like a season (or a year).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Unreliable sources say Ilinykh skated with Bukin for like a season (or a year).
    Does unreliable mean you think it never happened and this is just some internet rumor? Or you dont think it was for the whole season?

vCash
    Well, I don't think anything, I just repost information from FSO. I don't know this guy (who posted the information on FSO) so I'm careful about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Does anyone know if these two were ever a team? I thought I read something like this and now can't find where it was.
    Maybe you read it in this article :
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/121910.shtml

vCash
    It could have been - I'm not sure now where I got this idea from. Thanks!