Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    I think one of the reasons they request your ID is to check if you are underage or not. The other (and more prominent) reasons fall into the area of social and political commentaries, which are rather complicated to explain here.

Several years ago, I registered an account at a certain Korean internet site using a copy of my driver's license. (I did not use my passport.) I decided not to send my ID information there any more, after several incidents of large scale hacking attacks. The Korean government is trying alternative ways to check IDs. But these methods do not help people living outside Korea.

Good news: I read their Q & A information. You don't need registration to enjoy the TV/radio contents. Registration is needed for extra services like blogging, chatting, etc.

I agree with Braulio. The real concern is geoblocking. I tried a simpler SBS Gorealra web player without registration. Some channels are geoblocked.

Allowed channles: TV01, TV02, TV04, RA01, RA02, EV01, EV02, EV03
    Geoblocked: TV03, TV06
    Contents not allowed: TV05

For example,
    http://gorealra.sbs.co.kr/g3/silverl...ChannelID=EV01

TV03, TV05, and TV06 are ESPN, E!, and Golf, respectively. I think SBS may utilize one of 3 EV channels to do live streaming of junior worlds.
    So are you trying to say that as long as the program is installed (no registration), and it is aired on some of the non-geoblocked channels, we're good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    So are you trying to say that as long as the program is installed (no registration), and it is aired on some of the non-geoblocked channels, we're good?

Well, I just realized that some contents may not be free. In such a case, you need registration. (Sigh.)

I apologize that I forgot to consider that part of the system.
    Last edited by seabm7; 02-26-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: I gave a wrong answer.

vCash
    Sigh. I give up. I'll just stick to YT and basic results, which is good enough for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Allowed channles: TV01, TV02, TV04, TV05, RA01, RA02, EV01, EV02, EV03
    Geoblocked: TV03, TV06

For example,

TV03 and TV06 are ESPN and Golf, respectively. TV04 and TV05 are CNBC and E!. RA01 and RA02 are radios.

ETA: Some contents may not be free. In such a case, you need to login to pay for those programs.
    Good! SBS is showing the preliminary round via EV01 channel now. I'm hoping they would show the rest of the game free without geoblocking.
    Last edited by seabm7; 02-28-2011 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    wrong thread
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Seabm7--did you have to do anything to get it to work or did you just download the software?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icemusings View Post
    Seabm7--did you have to do anything to get it to work or did you just download the software?
    There are two ways to watch the stream. Either case you have to download some software set.

When I tried the lighter version,

IE asked me to download an active X program. I already had MS silverlight installed on my computer. I'm not sure what will happen to the people who do not have silverlight.

I also tried Gorealra itself. I downloaded and installed the program. When I click the "gorilla' icon, it creates several panels full of options. You have to choose the TV option, which is the topmost button on the left panel. It will show you 9 channels/small screens. Junior World is shown on the Event 1 channel, which is located at the left bottom corner. I do not need the other pannels, so I close/hide them.

The quality of the streaming is not so good, with frequent buffering problems.
    Last edited by seabm7; 03-01-2011 at 03:24 AM.

vCash
    In addition to the feed on the "Event 1" channel, SBS is going to show part of Ladies' Short on their main channel "SBS Live" between 14:10 and 16:00 Korean time (0:10 and 2:00 am ET). If you are interested in this second feed, select "SBS Live" from the drop-down list at the top of

Last edited by seabm7; 03-03-2011 at 10:36 PM.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    The final two groups of the men's and ladies free skate from 2011 Jr. Worlds are now available for viewing at universalsports.com.

Go here for video links:

http://www.universalsports.com/figur...deo/index.html

Remember, you need the microsoft silverlight plugin to watch the video. Some computers/systems are not silverlight compatible.

No idea if it is geoblocked or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12